Be patient young Ben, Be patient.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient.

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient.:
    hearing rumors that the jays are talking to san fran about a matt cain deal. i think ben needs to give san frans gm a call. what you guys think?
    Posted by redsoxpride34

Why, exactly, did you bump this thread up with some innocuous question?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient. : No Kim is not Pike. I'll add I don't know Pike, I've never met Pike and Pike has no relation to me, but that's not going to stop me from agreeing with him if he says something I agree with. Kudos to you for having the intelligence to realize that. I don't think Mikeyinthebronx, who spends all his time harassing people on a Sox board, ever met a woman in his entire life. Thank you, again, for that, btw. FTR I thought putting bias, homer and rose-colored glasses in the same sentence was something you would appreciate. :)
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Yes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient. : I'm not on the game threads because I rarely watch games live. Btw, don't put up pics of people -- I think in this case you were calling out screennames on another board, but apparently that board had a pic of someone up in their profile, and he's upset about it. Don't do it. FTR, I got here after the post was removed, but he did send me a message after, and said he wasn't bothered by having the pic up, so I didn't think it was a big deal. But, like I said, he's actualy upset about it and I can't blame him. But, again, I don't think it was intentional.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Kim

Thanks, but unless Pike has me on ignore, then I am sure he has read my posts.  FTR - it was very intentional. He posted it right after I left the board for awhile because the battles that were raging on here were taking away from the main discussion of Red Sox and baseball.

As for this battle with Mikey - it seems like everyone is trying to keep everyone else honest. I think that is ridiculous. I would rather you all try and get Washington to be more honest.

As for J-Bay - if he has built a friendly relationship with Mikey; then so be it. That is his choice. J-Bay is a Sox fan and a good one. No reason to keep pulling him through the mud. He hasn't commented once on this thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient. : Kim Thanks, but unless Pike has me on ignore, then I am sure he has read my posts.  FTR - it was very intentional. He posted it right after I left the board for awhile because the battles that were raging on here were taking away from the main discussion of Red Sox and baseball. As for this battle with Mikey - it seems like everyone is trying to keep everyone else honest. I think that is ridiculous. I would rather you all try and get Washington to be more honest. As for J-Bay - if he has built a friendly relationship with Mikey; then so be it. That is his choice. J-Bay is a Sox fan and a good one. No reason to keep pulling him through the mud. He has commented once on this thread.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Agreed; I don't know what his motive would be otherwise; he's not the type to have anything but good motives IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I think that what fueled this thread was the subject of the gamethreads.  I say let the children have the keys to the gamethread room and have fun in the sandbox. The normal cast of characters with their barracks humor, player bashing, and immaturity will repel all visitors and keep the adults away. Who needs the gamethreads? It is the best way I can think of to ruin your enjoyment of a baseball game. Merely the presence of Andrewmitch is enough to make you want to do an about face and leave. I pledge not to enter that room this season but I might do a review of it on another thread and title it " BDC Animal House". I will copy and paste excepts from it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think that what fueled this thread was the subject of the gamethreads.  I say let the children have the keys to the gamethread room and have fun in the sandbox. The normal cast of characters with their barracks humor, player bashing, and immaturity will repel all visitors and keep the adults away. Who needs the gamethreads? It is the best way I can think of to ruin your enjoyment of a baseball game. Merely the presence of Andrewmitch is enough to make you want to do an about face and leave. I pledge not to enter that room this season but I might do a review of it on another thread and title it " BDC Animal House". I will copy and paste excepts from it.
    Posted by UticaClub

Utica - maybe the best thing to do is just leave it alone. If you don't like it, then ignore it. The Game Thread to me, seems like a harmless place, like a sports bar, only without the drunks spilling beer on you where people can chat during the game and spout off on anything they want. It is all harmless.

Just end this stupid battle with Mikey and let's get on with the rest of the Hot Stove season and get ready for S.T.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BenC now be patient, don't stop reading yet. The nicest gift just dropped in your lap--I don't know why Ells agreed to $8.05 or whether there are any strings attached---as Moon said on another thread--we thought it might be closer to $10.

That is a great price for a:
    --2nd in league MVP
    --Gold Glove
    --Silver Slugger

The trade wires for him would, could, should be sizzling when they find out he's available---he is available---yes???!!!!...

Every potential playoff team that is dreaming of winning their division or qualifying for the WC might be offering a solid starter( 2,3,4), a 3 b prospect and their starting CF for Ells.
    Yankees---Pineda or Nova, Gardiner and Nunez.
    Angels----Haren, Bourjos and Callaspo
    Phils---add Youk to Ells for Worley or Hamels, Wigginton, Victorino and a prospect.
    Who knows what other teams would offer to solve our starting rotation.
    In addition I would suggest these teams would know they could sign him long term.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

BenC now be patient, don't stop reading yet. The nicest gift just dropped in your lap--I don't know why Ells agreed to $8.05 or whether there are any strings attached---as Moon said on another thread--we thought it might be closer to $10. That is a great price for a: --2nd in league MVP --Gold Glove --Silver Slugger The trade wires for him would, could, should be sizzling when they find out he's available---he is available---yes???!!!!... Every potential playoff team that is dreaming of winning their division or qualifying for the WC might be offering a solid starter( 2,3,4), a 3 b prospect and their starting CF for Ells. Yankees---Pineda or Nova, Gardiner and Nunez. Angels----Haren, Bourjos and Callaspo Phils---add Youk to Ells for Worley or Hamels, Wigginton, Victorino and a prospect. Who knows what other teams would offer to solve our starting rotation. In addition I would suggest these teams would know they could sign him long term.
    Posted by MadMc44

No thank you. My CFer is just as good. Pineda and Nova are going nowhere.

You are not going to be able to oversell Ells just because of this one year deal and his one year breakout season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient. : Utica - maybe the best thing to do is just leave it alone. If you don't like it, then ignore it. The Game Thread to me, seems like a harmless place, like a sports bar, only without the drunks spilling beer on you where people can chat during the game and spout off on anything they want. It is all harmless. Just end this stupid battle with Mikey and let's get on with the rest of the Hot Stove season and get ready for S.T.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I know that NHSteven despised Babe, what were your opinion on him. Is there anyone currently on this forum who reminds you of Babe?

It is a shame that a small group has the gall to come in here with the motto " keep it real". They are the ones who start the arguments and needless debates over minutia. They are the bad apples in the barrell and are they ever so loyal to each other. I will be listing them soon as a footnote in my posts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient. : I know that NHSteven despised Babe, what were your opinion on him. Is there anyone currently on this forum who reminds you of Babe? It is a shame that a small group has the gall to come in here with the motto " keep it real". They are the ones who start the arguments and needless debates over minutia. They are the bad apples in the barrell and are they ever so loyal to each other. I will be listing them soon as a footnote in my posts.
    Posted by UticaClub

Who liked him? He may not even like himself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient. : Who liked him? He may not even like himself.
    Posted by nhsteven

I liked Babe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Be patient young Ben, Be patient. : No thank you. My CFer is just as good. Pineda and Nova are going nowhere. You are not going to be able to oversell Ells just because of this one year deal and his one year breakout season.
    Posted by jesseyeric

Amen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

So many Yankee fans on an enemy forum talking Ellsbury and are unaware of what Gardner was offered in arbitration today. It is like they are are not interested in their Yankees at all. Does anyone here really have them figured out? Should we call in Dr. Phil?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

So many Yankee fans on an enemy forum talking Ellsbury and are unaware of what Gardner was offered in arbitration today. It is like they are are not interested in their Yankees at all. Does anyone here really have them figured out? Should we call in Dr. Phil?
    Posted by UticaClub

This is a Sox forum to discuss the Sox. The Yanks may appear in the conversation, but only as it directly involves Boston. What Gardner is looking for has no bearing on the Sox? I can tell you that the Yanks agreed to terms with both Joba and Roberston for about 1.6 mil per year.

Maybe the question should be is why do you want to turn this into a Yankee forum?

Sections
Shortcuts