be proud if you were at last nite's game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: be proud if you were at last nite's game

maybe if Beckett hadn't been a salami for a year now with his OFF DAYS NONSENSE, POOR FITNESS, POOR OUTINGS, AND OF COURSE CLUBHOUSE SNACKS, perhaps he would not have been boo'd..ya think?????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The key thing was when he was asked after the game about the booing -

Media:  what do you think of it?

Josh:  I have no thoughts on the matter whatsoever.....

As I said, he don't care, I don't care - so he gets booed

Lester WANTS to be booed - so boo him too!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JN86. Show JN86's posts

If it is all about Beckett getting hurt - then I guess we have to boo Pedoria (he had been on the several times over the last few year) and then Papi, Ellsbury, Buchholz, Dice K, Lackey, and what about Carl Cawford.  I hate the way the fans are acting but it is completely insane the way they are picking on one player.  Carl Cawford is making more money than Josh - why is he being ignored.  Josh has never been a friendly guy - why is that a problem?  Who cares if the guy gives "nice" interviews and talks nicely to the media.  Seriously - what is becoming of the Sox fans.  It is awful.  The money these guys are getting paid is what is out there.  There are many players get more money than Beckett and they aren't playing that great either.  It happens sometimes.  But to just pick on one is crazy and to say you pick on him because he isn't friendly and doesn't care - PLEASE. 

A guy's personality can't change - he is who he is.  What difference does it make.  I admit this isn't one of his best years - but it certainly isn't as bad as people want to make it out to be.  And please don't tell me about his w/l record - doesn't mean much.  For the entire season he has pretty much been the best or second best pitcher the Sox have had.  If it is all about pitching - why aren't we slamming Lester?  Why - because he has a more friendly personality than Josh!  OMG just writing it sounds crazy - yet that is exactly what has been going on.  So basically - lets just get in some nice and friendly ballplayers - who cares what happens to the team - at least they will give good interviews and be nice and fans can think "they care".  Oh please. 

I have been a Sox fan for a long time and can't believe what has been going on.  It is to the point that I have stopped watching games, barely read anything and probably will not read this blog anymore either.  I really use to enjoy reading all of this stuff - but it is so bad it is not enjoyable.  Sad that baseball is forgotten and all it is about is this crap stuff. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Doesn't matter whether free agents want to come to Boston or not. Ownership and management has jacked this team so far over the cap with dead weight contracts they won't be able to sign a meaningful free agent for years. 

Yeah, it's the fans' fault players don't want to be here. Free agents may also want to avoid a clubhouse atmosphere that has gotten widespread coverage, a manager that has played the clown and has no long term job security, a green GM who has not inspired confidence, and ownership that is counting their pennies and focusing on soccer. 

Yeah, it would definitely be the fans, that's why a player wouldn't come here. It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the team has been losing as often as winning though right? No, a .500 club where you can play for a bargain basement contract - that sounds awesome!!!! If only the fans hadn't ruined it. 

Do you think if Beckett had a more rigorous offseason program he might not get pinged as much with injuries? I sure do. Guy is out of shape. Out of shape people are far more likely to throw their back out. 

Injuries are not like lightning strikes, often they have a relationship to lifestyle and physicality. 

It sure is odd that Verlander, who is in much better shape than Beckett, has had far fewer injuries...

Geez I totally demolished your post, sorry. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JN86. Show JN86's posts

In Response to Re: be proud if you were at last nite's game:
    [QUOTE]Doesn't matter whether free agents want to come to Boston or not. Ownership and management has jacked this team so far over the cap with dead weight contracts they won't be able to sign a meaningful free agent for years.  Yeah, it's the fans' fault players don't want to be here. Free agents may also want to avoid a clubhouse atmosphere that has gotten widespread coverage, a manager that has played the clown and has no long term job security, a green GM who has not inspired confidence, and ownership that is counting their pennies and focusing on soccer.  Yeah, it would definitely be the fans, that's why a player wouldn't come here. It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the team has been losing as often as winning though right? No, a .500 club where you can play for a bargain basement contract - that sounds awesome!!!! If only the fans hadn't ruined it.  Do you think if Beckett had a more rigorous offseason program he might not get pinged as much with injuries? I sure do. Guy is out of shape. Out of shape people are far more likely to throw their back out.  Injuries are not like lightning strikes, often they have a relationship to lifestyle and physicality.  It sure is odd that Verlander, who is in much better shape than Beckett, has had far fewer injuries... Geez I totally demolished your post, sorry. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Interesting - but if my memory serves me right - Buchholz was out last year with a back injury!  How did that happen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: be proud if you were at last nite's game:
    [QUOTE]you ever see an injured player get boo'd anywhere else??
    Posted by xdrive[/QUOTE]
    Jason Bay,Citi Field when he left a game with a concussion after crashing into the wall.

what is it with east coast fans ?

Sections
Shortcuts