BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO.........

GAMES WITH THE YANK$ ARE MUST GAMES !!!  WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's & MANAGERS ???????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO.........

What a strange game is baseball.  I agree with the OP, but statements like that work both ways.

"Because of the Sox starting out 10-2 against the Yankees the Sox are still in first place today."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO.........:
    What a strange game is baseball.  I agree with the OP, but statements like that work both ways. "Because of the Sox starting out 10-2 against the Yankees the Sox are still in first place today."
    Posted by S5
      YOUR RIGHT !!!   AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, THE GAMES THAT YOU WIN IN APRIL, WILL BODE WELL FOR SEPTEMBER" !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"World War II was a must win."

-- John McKay

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO.........:
      GAMES WITH THE YANK$ ARE MUST GAMES !!!  WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALL GM's & MANAGERS ???????
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, I offer you the contrary: because of the great 4 and a 1/2 months that followed that little 2-10 hiccup, these next two are, while important, obviously not must win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

The Sox need to win 1 of the next two.....a) they will be still in 1st place and b) a Sweep at home would be a downer for the team.....and not bode well for a possible playoff series. If the Yankes lose the next two, they are 2.5 out of first, 3-12 vs the Sox and would still not have proven they cant handle the Sox this year....so I think both teams do not want to lost the next two games and a split would be ok

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by Bill-806

I think it would be nice to see the Red Sox play better in April next year.  The last two seasons they started the season playing poorly.  Not sure what the problem is, but maybe better preparation during spring training would help.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO......... : I think it would be nice to see the Red Sox play better in April next year.  The last two seasons they started the season playing poorly.  Not sure what the problem is, but maybe better preparation during spring training would help.   
    Posted by susan250

It would be great if we can take the next two games susan.  The offense must be pretty upset after hitting CC so well last night but not getting runners across.  It would be great to have a 2.5 game lead when the Yanks leave town.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO......... : Bill, I offer you the contrary: because of the great 4 and a 1/2 months that followed that little 2-10 hiccup, these next two are, while important, obviously not must win.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
    SPACE..... AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, THE CLOCK IS TICKING & IT IS LATER THAN YOU THINK" !!!!!  "DON'T LET THEM KEEP IT CLOSE" !!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO......... : SPACE..... AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, THE CLOCK IS TICKING & IT IS LATER THAN YOU THINK" !!!!!  "DON'T LET THEM KEEP IT CLOSE" !!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

....AND AS YOGI WOULD SAY...."SON, IT GETS LATE EARLY AROUND HERE!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: BECAUSE OF THE APRIL 2-10 START, THE NEXT TWO......... : SPACE..... AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, THE CLOCK IS TICKING & IT IS LATER THAN YOU THINK" !!!!!  "DON'T LET THEM KEEP IT CLOSE" !!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

OK, but as Steve Miller would say:  "TIME KEEPS ON SLIPPIN', SLIPPIN', SLIPPIN',  INTO THE FUTURE".  And, as the head line cook at my old employer Barnaby's Family Inn in Tallahassee Florida used to say:  "IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT, GET OUTTA THE KITCHEN!"

This thing is going down to the wire Bill.  Winning these next two won't change that.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Posted by Bill-806

The next 'must' games the Yankees or Sox will play will come in the play-offs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Bad start or not, pennant race or not, EVERY game against the damn Yankees are must win!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BIG GAME TONIGHT !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

I will not exhale until I see where the Sox are after the last game of the season is played. Yankees play the season to win the pennant then the WS. I don't like to hear we are playing for the WS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

ANOTHER BIG ONE TONIGHT !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

ANOTHER BIG ONE TONIGHT !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Time for more A.J. cursing into his glove!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What's the man's name on firstbase?

I dunno.

No, that's thirdbase.

Who?

Firstbase.

How did we get back on firstbase again?

You said the man's name.

Who's name?

Yes.

What's the man's name?

No he's secondbase.

How did I get on secondbase?