Becket post game interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Becket post game interview

i thought he was well-spoken and sincere in his interview...did not get the meathead vibe at all....seemed mature....

he does seem a bit heavy though - maybe this year he will work the weight off as the season goes on...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Becket post game interview

double eh? I beg to differ georom, beckett looks great as far as his waist line is concerned. man, if he is able to really get good control of his change up he is going to dominate..........let me repeat myself........DOMINATE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Becket post game interview:
    [QUOTE]i thought he was well-spoken and sincere in his interview...did not get the meathead vibe at all....seemed mature.... he does seem a bit heavy though - maybe this year he will work the weight off as the season goes on...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Well, glad to see you are getting over the mania G.  I don't think he looks svelt, but, I don't think he ever has or ever will.  As long as he comes in and stays under what he was carrying last Autumn, he will be good to go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Becket post game interview:
    [QUOTE]double eh? I beg to differ georom, beckett looks great as far as his waist line is concerned. man, if he is able to really get good control of his change up he is going to dominate..........let me repeat myself........DOMINATE!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Like I said, anytime RSN wants to let him go, I am sure Beckett would look just fine in pinstripes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Becket post game interview : Like I said, anytime RSN wants to let him go, I am sure Beckett would look just fine in pinstripes.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I wonder how Beckett in pinstripes would look to the looney tunes who have wanted him traded for anything we could get for him.  Yikes. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why would the sox trade him to the yanks...especially after their off season signings?
    dumb

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I saw him pitching yesterday and he looked confident with his pitching.  I thought he kinda gained few lbs. but he wasn't like out of shape or anything.  His change ups were nasty but I was little bit concerned with his fastballs.  I know it was first ST game and all but most of his fastballs were sat on 89-90 mph.  I hope he wasn't throwing with his full potential. 

On the other hand, Miller seemed not to improve his controls.  His hard sliders were untouchable but he couldn't control his fastballs against lefty batters.  If he improves his controls, he could be very helpful bottom of rotation guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Geo I thought just the opposite. While on the mound, I thought Beckett's body looked to be in the best shape I've seen him in years. Then during the post game interview, noticed how much thinner his face looked. Agree he handled himself well. Maybe family life has had a positive effect. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The guy who looks doughy to me is Carl Crawford. Maybe I saw a bad angle, but there was a picture of him up on redsox.com that made him look 50 pounds overweight. It was a shot of his face.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]why would the sox trade him to the yanks...especially after their off season signings? dumb

Wouldn't even have to trade him directly to the yanks...maybe you trade him to another team and they flip him to the yanks...happens all the time...happened last year with Mike Napoli...once you move him it's out of your hands. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

its funny how folks see josh physically...his face does look thinner but i thought he was a bit pudgy...as is crawford and aviles seemed like he gained 20 pounds....i was most impressed by his post game demeanor...that means a lot to me

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]its funny how folks see josh physically...his face does look thinner but i thought he was a bit pudgy...as is crawford and aviles seemed like he gained 20 pounds....i was most impressed by his post game demeanor...that means a lot to me

I agree!

We all know post-game demeanor wins games!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Weight becomes a problem when you cant' finish the season strong and pitch poorly every other season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Weight becomes a problem when you cant' finish the season strong and pitch poorly every other season.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

True.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The every other year thing about Beckett is overblown.  He pitched just about as well in 2008 as he did in 2009.  He's had 2 bad years in his career, 2006 and 2010. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]its funny how folks see josh physically...his face does look thinner but i thought he was a bit pudgy...as is crawford and aviles seemed like he gained 20 pounds....i was most impressed by his post game demeanor...that means a lot to me

Think it's just his body type, Geo. Like he said, if he worked out 24/7 he'd still never look like supermodel Ellsbury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Geo - I give you a lot of credit for this post.  It seems to me when someone gets it into their head that they don't like someone then they will despise everything they do, and pick apart anything they say.  Even though I may disagree with your view on Beckett overall I respect and admire your position to be able to give credit where credit is due........unlike some other people in here. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Becket post game interview : Like I said, anytime RSN wants to let him go, I am sure Beckett would look just fine in pinstripes.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

I have two pinstriped things near and dear to me. 

My two Maine coon cats ....   :o)

I know there are folks that are ready to get rid of Josh. Not me. Spank him and tell him he was naughty ... and watch him spin on a little slab of rubber trying to make ammends.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hugh, i like the sox more than i dislike any player....

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Becket post game interview : hey R those all caps on your head sorry U can't do that time 4 a new pic
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Ditto for yours.  Laughing

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Becket post game interview": [QUOTE]Geo I thought just the opposite. While on the mound, I thought Beckett's body looked to be in the best shape I've seen him in years. Then during the post game interview, noticed how much thinner his face looked. Agree he handled himself well. Maybe family life has had a positive effect.  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] I thought he looked thinner too J.

Sections
Shortcuts