Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,”

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,R...

In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,”:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,” : If 2012,13 and 14 are like 2011 personally I'd be very happy with contract. And how much of his "tude" is manufactured media BS? One of the great urban myths has to be that somehow Josh Beckett and not the rest of the pitful starting pitching last September took down the Boston Red Sox.    
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

yes you are right, it was the entire staff led by the Texas Tough Guy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,R...

In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,”:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,” : yes you are right, it was the entire staff led by the Texas Tough Guy
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    When pitchers on the mound are stinking it up, they are not "led" by anyone. They are on their own. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]The point is that going from 95 to 92 is only sustainable when he's got his other 2 best pitches - the 12-6 curve and the 2 seemer - those pitches are rarely there today.....Now it's 90-92 mixed in with cutters and it just doesn't seem sustainable......it's the same route Pedro took after his major injury (2001) and he was no longer the same pitcher.  He was able to get a few more good (not Pedro-type seasons though) seasons out of it and then he fell off the table...That coupled with Beckett's tude is what concerns me most.

No, your point was to complain about Beckett and try to make him look foolish or stupid because the opportunity had presented itself, and. well, because JD Drew has retired.

(As andrewmitch has me blocked, would one of you non-blocked people please respond to this post and make its contents visible to him?  Thank you.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,” : OK....but I still think it's a bad contract. How is it a myth?  The pitching did kill our playoff run last year. Sept: Lester - 6 starts and only 1 good one to go w/ a 5 1/2 ERA? Beckett - 4 Starts and 3 stinkers - his best start was 6 IP against 3 ER...ERA also @ 5/12 Lackey - 4 starts - 3 complete bombs (ER - 6, 5, 2 - only 5IP, 8, 3) against 1 QS with an ERA NORTH of NINE, that is a 9, again NINE....... Wakefield - 4 starts and not one QS - 5IP/4ER, 6IP/5ER, 5IP/2ER, 4IP/3ER The LEGEND LIVES ON!!!!!!!

Apparently Rip Van Katz slept thru late last season and still believes daddy francona is manager and the sox didnt blow the biggest september lead ever in their storied chocker history...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,” : OK....but I still think it's a bad contract. How is it a myth?  The pitching did kill our playoff run last year. Sept: Lester - 6 starts and only 1 good one to go w/ a 5 1/2 ERA? Beckett - 4 Starts and 3 stinkers - his best start was 6 IP against 3 ER...ERA also @ 5/12 Lackey - 4 starts - 3 complete bombs (ER - 6, 5, 2 - only 5IP, 8, 3) against 1 QS with an ERA NORTH of NINE, that is a 9, again NINE....... Wakefield - 4 starts and not one QS - 5IP/4ER, 6IP/5ER, 5IP/2ER, 4IP/3ER The LEGEND LIVES ON!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]You also forgot that the RS had to get starts from Weiland, Miller and Bedard during that stretch. You sort of make the point that the problem was deep when you name Lester and Wake and Lackey.

Now a lot of the blame game started because the RS had such a big lead coming into September and missed the playoffs by 1 game in standings. Beckett seems to have become the mythical reason that Lester sucked, Lackey was pitching with an elbow requiring TJ surgery, that Wake was done, that Buch and Dice were on the DL all because he is some kind of metaphorical leader of the starting staff? 

But it would not have been all that close if not for Beckett's 4-0 record against the NYY (in 5 starts) and 2-0 record against the Rays in 3 starts. And how good was he 2011 against the two key rivals beyond W-L which could be deceptive? Versus the Rays his ERA was 0.78 with a 0.844 WHIP and the very strong NYY offense his ERA was 1.85 and his WHIP 0.941.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,” : You also forgot that the RS had to get starts from Weiland, Miller and Bedard during that stretch. You sort of make the point that the problem was deep when you name Lester and Wake and Lackey. Now a lot of the blame game started because the RS had such a big lead coming into September and missed the playoffs by 1 game in standings. Beckett seems to have become the mythical reason that Lester sucked, Lackey was pitching with an elbow requiring TJ surgery, that Wake was done, that Buch and Dice were on the DL all because he is some kind of metaphorical leader of the starting staff?  But it would not have been all that close if not for Beckett's 4-0 record against the NYY (in 5 starts) and 2-0 record against the Rays in 3 starts. And how good was he 2011 against the two key rivals beyond W-L which could be deceptive? Versus the Rays his ERA was 0.78 with a 0.844 WHIP and the very strong NYY offense his ERA was 1.85 and his WHIP 0.941.

You're wasting your time arguing with andrwemitch. His philosophy is a bad two game sample is the reality, and the other 5 years are the statistical outliers...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,” : You also forgot that the RS had to get starts from Weiland, Miller and Bedard during that stretch. You sort of make the point that the problem was deep when you name Lester and Wake and Lackey. Now a lot of the blame game started because the RS had such a big lead coming into September and missed the playoffs by 1 game in standings. Beckett seems to have become the mythical reason that Lester sucked, Lackey was pitching with an elbow requiring TJ surgery, that Wake was done, that Buch and Dice were on the DL all because he is some kind of metaphorical leader of the starting staff?  But it would not have been all that close if not for Beckett's 4-0 record against the NYY (in 5 starts) and 2-0 record against the Rays in 3 starts. And how good was he 2011 against the two key rivals beyond W-L which could be deceptive? Versus the Rays his ERA was 0.78 with a 0.844 WHIP and the very strong NYY offense his ERA was 1.85 and his WHIP 0.941.

Oh, and it also probably worth mentioning tht Beckett was clearly responsibl for Bard being incapable of holding a lkead last September..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Beckett is right. The guy to worry about is Lester, who throws way, way too many fastballs and may be the only lefty starter in MLB who cant or won't throw a change up. Tonight he grooved a fastball but knew it would work because he threw it extra hard, a whopping 94 mph. The days of relying exclusively on heat are over. Looks like I was wrong. Lester brought out his change up in the 4th inning after the game was gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ok, so Lester is sucking moose testicles again.  Start the threads on how POOR he is, what a waste of time, etc..  He STINKS.

Must be back to the chicken and beer, right?  Why give Less-turd a free pass? 
    I will keep Beckett, trade Lester NOW ... get some good pitching prospects.  Sox aint going anywhere. 

Sit back and relax and watch mediocrity in action.  Again. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett: “... every start I have got to answer questions about my velocity... I thought I get paid to get outs,” : No, your point was to complain about Beckett and try to make him look foolish or stupid because the opportunity had presented itself, and. well, because JD Drew has retired. (As andrewmitch has me blocked, would one of you non-blocked people please respond to this post and make its contents visible to him?  Thank you.)
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Happy to oblige, but I'm not sure he reads my posts either.