Beckett and the Texas Boys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Beckett and the Texas Boys

Word has it and it's probably already known that Josh Beckett was probably the biggest cancer in the clubhouse. It's widely speculated that he was one of the beer drinking posse, he gained 20 pounds during the season (look at his cheeks, look at the Dirt Dogs video of all of your Red Sox pitchers on stage drinking, especially how heavy Beckett looks).

What baseball player making $16M a year who the team is counting on let's his body get like that? All of the power that a pitcher gets comes from your stomach area (abs) and your legs.

Lackey is also from Texas and we know what he is like, and lastly, Clay Buchholz, ex-criminal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Beckett and the Texas Boys

Provide link.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Didn't you forget Crawford?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Beckett and the Texas Boys:
    Word has it and it's probably already known that Josh Beckett was probably the biggest cancer in the clubhouse. It's widely speculated that he was one of the beer drinking posse, he gained 20 pounds during the season (look at his cheeks, look at the Dirt Dogs video of all of your Red Sox pitchers on stage drinking, especially how heavy Beckett looks). What baseball player making $16M a year who the team is counting on let's his body get like that? All of the power that a pitcher gets comes from your stomach area (abs) and your legs. Lackey is also from Texas and we know what he is like, and lastly, Clay Buchholz, ex-criminal.
    Posted by ADG

"word has it" and  "widely speculated" is all any of this is, to this point.   i would hardly classify a teenager in high school, who stole a computer, an ex criminal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Buchholz reportedly didn't drink any beer in the clubhouse but he stole some.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett and the Texas Boys:
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

which is how he hurt his backWinkSealed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416182. Show user_4416182's posts

Word has it and it's probably already known that Josh Beckett was probably the biggest cancer in the clubhouse. It's widely speculated that he was one of the beer drinking posse, he gained 20 pounds during the season (look at his cheeks, look at the Dirt Dogs video of all of your Red Sox pitchers on stage drinking, especially how heavy Beckett looks). What baseball player making $16M a year who the team is counting on let's his body get like that? All of the power that a pitcher gets comes from your stomach area (abs) and your legs. Lackey is also from Texas and we know what he is like, and lastly, Clay Buchholz, ex-criminal.
    Posted by ADG

We don't know that Beckett was a clubhouse cancer.  We know he was out of shape and ineffective at the end of the season but I think you'll see a much more fit Josh Beckett next year.  As for clubhouse cancer?  I've never heard that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

but I think you'll see a much more fit Josh Beckett next year.

Quite possibly when camp breaks after Spring Training, but my judge will be out on Beckett until the final game of the year. He was in shape when the season started this year and we all saw what happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416182. Show user_4416182's posts

but I think you'll see a much more fit Josh Beckett next year. Quite possibly when camp breaks after Spring Training, but my judge will be out on Beckett until the final game of the year. He was in shape when the season started this year and we all saw what happened.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

Beckett is a competitor and I don't think he likes the criticism he is getting now.  I think you'll see him and the Sox team as a whole make an effort to have conditioning be a larger part of their season throughout next year. 

Regardless, I haven't heard anything about Beckett being a "clubhouse cancer".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett and the Texas Boys : Beckett is a competitor and I don't think he likes the criticism he is getting now.  I think you'll see him and the Sox team as a whole make an effort to have conditioning be a larger part of their season throughout next year.  Regardless, I haven't heard anything about Beckett being a "clubhouse cancer".
    Posted by null

Like andrewmitch always is, I so hope you are correct in your prediction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett and the Texas Boys : Beckett is a competitor and I don't think he likes the criticism he is getting now.  I think you'll see him and the Sox team as a whole make an effort to have conditioning be a larger part of their season throughout next year.  Regardless, I haven't heard anything about Beckett being a "clubhouse cancer".
    Posted by null

That is what we thought after last year when he was hurt and a failure right? So what did he learn from 2010 to 2011 that will make him change?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He may not even be on the team next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4416182. Show user_4416182's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett and the Texas Boys : That is what we thought after last year when he was hurt and a failure right? So what did he learn from 2010 to 2011 that will make him change?
    Posted by ADG

I don't know, I just don't think you'll see him in bad shape next year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Posted by ADG

That you pike? I personally have never heard any factual reports of Beckett being a cancer. This is surmise only, we will give it all the consideration it deserves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Doubt Buch has an ID to buy liquor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wish you jerks would stop using the word "cancer," it is not a pleasent word and has probably taken the life of someone each of us has known.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I wish you jerks would stop using the word "cancer," it is not a pleasent word and has probably taken the life of someone each of us has known.
    Posted by BurritoT

Burrito, your right it has taken loved ones. I have used the word here as I am mature enough to understand that it can mean more than a disease. The word itself dos not bother me, nor should it bother anyone else. It is the context with which it is used. i have lost love ones and friends to this horrible disease and my Lovely wife is a survivor!
    I see nothing wrong with it being used here in describing a situation that is possible. It's kinda like the f word, it's the context it is used in, not the word itself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxFan2OO4. Show RedSoxFan2OO4's posts

Wait Buchholz is old enough to drink?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I guess you all forgot about the Jack the Idiots all drank in the playoffs.

And if you think that only the RS have players who when they are not playing that day having a beer or other in the clubhouse IMHO you are walking around in a wonderland.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I guess you all forgot about the Jack the Idiots all drank in the playoffs. And if you think that only the RS have players who when they are not playing that day having a beer or other in the clubhouse IMHO you are walking around in a wonderland.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Great post. 

This is all 1 person, hiding behind an online screen name, speculating. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I doubt the cancer part from reports it was Youk, but the problem with Beckett he leads and the pitchers follow him drinking beer and being out of shape sent the wrong message.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Wait Buchholz is old enough to drink?
    Posted by RedSoxFan2OO4

Clay Buchholz is in fact older the Felix Hernandez, Clayton Kershaw, Matt Cain, Madison Bumgarner, Ian Kennedy, David Price and Justin Masterson, among others.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

When we worked for NASCAR we joked about drinking beer at work (at the race) but only one time did we ever do it, maybe 3 beers each - we all knew it was stupid and we all felt stupid afterward. My guess is that it started small like that but once you decide to do it a few times it becomes easy I would guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

On WEEI, Francona essentially said that it wasn't the beer drinking per se since that can happen on a strong team, but it was that the veterans were not self policing when it mattered; when he and the team needed them. He gave an example of how the vets could get Manny to straighten out his act when he needed them to but strongly suggested this team didn't tighten up (and by implication his veterans didn't lead) when he asked for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I am wondering if Tek needs to have that "C" Stripped off from his uni?

Sections
Shortcuts