beckett looks bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: beckett looks bad

InEpstein and Obama should get a room together, and exercise their right to privacy. One's incompetence goes into the billions, while the other has pandering entitlements for votes fun with trillions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad:
    In response to "Re: beckett looks bad": Yip, you got it. If the thumb is the problem today, it'll get looked again, they'll DL him, and after about a week they'll say he needs surgery, and he'll be out till August. I got my hopes up last April, and despite the horrid start they rebounded. This team? Theyll have earn my trust, and if they get off to the kind of start they did last year, I don't see them rebounding the same way. Just not enough pitching. I'm liable to be much more skeptical than I was this time last year. Which, is why I probably won't be on the game threads as much, don't want to bring everybody down.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Could be just a bad first start like sabathia yesterday, but i'm not optimistic. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : me neither but it won't because of his thumb  
    Posted by pinstripezac

Why?? Everyone knew Beckett had a thumb issue. CC sucked yesterday, is he going on the DL, also???  could just be a bad first game also, no?? Sox have a questionable starting rotation and they're going to put one of their top pitchers on the DL after only one game?? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: beckett looks bad":
    In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : Why?? everyone knew Beckett had a thumb issue. CC sucked yesterday, is he going on the DL also???  could just be a bad first game also, no?? Posted by J-BAY
    I think Zac is pushing your buttons J. But the only hope we have is in you being right about it just being an aberration. If he's hurt? This team is in big trouble right out of the chute, and I'm not sanguine about a comeback like last year. This could get ugly, ugly, ugly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to "Re: beckett looks bad": I think Zac is pushing your buttons J. But the only hope we have is in you being right about it just being an aberration. If he's hurt? This team is in big trouble right out of the chute, and I'm not sanguine about a comeback like last year. This could get ugly, ugly, ugly.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Maybe, but he knows better, this isn't the time for it. not after just two games, exam. offense needs to get going but I said the same thing the other day. if they get off to bad start, they wont recover as easily if at all. Thing is beckett wont say, he never makes excuses and blames injuries. he'll just say he sucked.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : Maybe, but he knows this isnt the time for it. not after just two games, exam. offense needs to get going but I said the same thing the other day. if they get off to bad start, they wont recover as easily if at all. Thing is beckett wont say, he never makes excuses and blames injuries. he'll just say he sucked.  Posted by J-BAY
    After last year, it won't take much to start a revolt, and you can't really blame the fans after what happened in Sept. If they start like last year, they won't bounce back the same this year, little doubt of that. My fear is that the team as a whole is spent, and will have to be completely retooled to get back to where they were. If Beckett is not hurt, 0-2 doesn't bother me much, it's an annoyance. If he is, well,that's different. 10-0 now. Nice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to beckett looks bad : BaaaaaaaD,  He looks like sh!!.....  Heck, just despicable !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Lackey is looking better and better.....compared to Beckett. Wow. 10 zip. What a joke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to "Re: beckett looks bad": After last year, it won't take much to start a revolt, and you can't really blame the fans after what happened in Sept. If they start like last year, they won't bounce back the same this year, little doubt of that. My fear is that the team as a whole is spent, and will have to be completely retooled to get back to where they were. If Beckett is not hurt, 0-2 doesn't bother me much, it's an annoyance. If he is, well,that's different. 10-0 now. Nice.
    Posted by TheExaminer

just one of those games...everything is going Detroits way...dropping in. These blow outs don't bother me, just wasn't their day, the games like thursday's are the one's I lose sleep over. Nice to see BV had the team ready to play...somewhere Tito is smiling, and I cant say I blame him. In fairness, a lot of injuries out of the gate. Long way to go. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I am actually thinking of what a last place ALE effort will bring from the Nation and the Boston Media this year? Guys, it is not that far fetched. It is in fact going to be a long year. I've set myself up for this, but as I sit here down 10-0 heading for 0-2......not feeling so good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : just one of those games...everything is going Detroits way...dropping in. These blow outs don't bother me, just wasn't their day, the games like thursday's are the one's I lose sleep over. Nice to see BV had the team ready to play...somewhere Tito is smiling, and I cant say I blame him. In fairness, a lot of injuries out of the gate. Long way to go.  Posted by J-BAY
    I'd agree if the team was healthy. Which, essentially was the case last year. Playing bad is one thing if youre healthy and can bounce back. Playing bad and injured is different. We'll withhold judgement til we hear what Beckett has to say about his hand today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to "Re: beckett looks bad": I'd agree if the team was healthy. Which, essentially was the case last year. Playing bad is one thing if youre healthy and can bounce back. Playing bad and injured is different. We'll withhold judgement til we hear what Beckett has to say about his hand today.
    Posted by TheExaminer

no post game interview, but doesn't matter, all he'll say is I sucked, plain and simple. I hope that's all it is. Could be he's just thinking too much about it and wasnt effective trying to pitch around the thumb issue.  He'll get a second start Friday, which will tell the story. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Last place is a possibility.  I don't care as long as their eye is on the long term - I think in 2013 they could turn it around which means if a guy isn't going to be part of the solution in 2013, may as well ditch them now and call up some kids

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : no post game interview, but doesn't matter, all he'll say is I sucked, plain and simple. I hope that's all it is, but don't have a good feeling about it. Could be hes just thinking too much about it and wasnt effective trying to pitch thru the thumb issue.  He'll get a second start Friday, which will tell the story.  Posted by J-BAY
    Oh no, that's right. Home opener against the Rays. Can you imagine what the crowd will do to him if he pulls something like this then? He got beat up some at Texas last year in his first start, and was lights out after that for a long time. But nothing like this, this smacks of an injury, and that my fear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to "Re: beckett looks bad": Oh no, that's right. Home opener against the Rays. Can you imagine what the crowd will do to him if he pulls something like this then? He got beat up some at Texas last year in his first start, and was lights out after that for a long time. But nothing like this, this smacks of an injury, and that my fear.
    Posted by TheExaminer

last year he opened in Cleveland, was in the 40's. 60's today. IDK may be just a bad start, but if it is an injury, this will give new meaning to over before it started. I dont drink much, but this could change that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxWacko. Show RedSoxWacko's posts

Maybe it's just one bad start, two games in I'm not ready to concede the whole season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Maybe it's just one bad start, two games in I'm not ready to concede the whole season.
    Posted by RedSoxWacko

bad first starts aren't uncommon....have to wait and see

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The thing that bothers me about Beckett is that he said the thumb has been hurting for 18 months.  Why didn't he get it taken care of in the off - season?  Now , in his first start , it is a problem?  That is ridiculous.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

The thing that bothers me about Beckett is that he said the thumb has been hurting for 18 months.  Why didn't he get it taken care of in the off - season?  Now , in his first start , it is a problem?  That is ridiculous.
    Posted by dgalehouse

someone eluded to it had gotten worse during ST, gale. Maybe the same thing with Crawford, told to rest over the offseason, then reinjured it. who the hell knows

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : someone eluded to it had gotten worse during ST, gale. Maybe the same thing with Crawford, told to rest over the offseason, then reinjured it. who knows
    Posted by J-BAY

Well , these guys are making a ton of money. They have to be more diligent in treating injuries. The fact that the money is guaranteed may be the reason for their lack of making certain that they are ready for the season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : Well , these guys are making a ton of money. They have to be more diligent in treating injuries. The fact that the money is guaranteed may be the reason for their lack of making certain that they are ready for the season. 
    Posted by dgalehouse

In fairness, that's what the medical staff is for. Surgery is a last resort, especially for a pitcher. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

He looks terrible. I do not like his arrogant attitude and he is no longer a number one pitcher. He caused Helped cause Francina's demise.
    Posted by AL34

Big f.... deal

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Beckett to the DL.  Hasn't lost a step since last September, he is the same guy and the same angry, petulant and ineffective pitcher.  Agree about his arrogance, and his ability to poison the clubhouse, the bench, and the younger players.
    Posted by NHSOUTH

leave then !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In case you didn't notice, the sox scored zero runs against the Tiger BP. So, whether it's 10-0 or 1-0, no offense means no win!

Sections
Shortcuts