beckett looks bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

beckett looks bad

well well 4th inning 5 zip tigers looks like a sox loss.i thought josh
    would hit the mound and roll but i guess not.this will be a long year
    if this is the best he can do.     love ya sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: beckett looks bad

In Response to beckett looks bad:
    well well 4th inning 5 zip tigers looks like a sox loss.i thought josh would hit the mound and roll but i guess not.this will be a long year if this is the best he can do.     love ya sox.
    Posted by soxyjim
    BaaaaaaaD,  He looks like sh!!.....  Heck, just despicable !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: beckett looks bad":
    In Response to beckett looks bad : BaaaaaaaD,  He looks like sh!!.....  Heck, just despicable !!!! Posted by Bill-806
    As dad would say "Son, some folks got it, and some folks ain't."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

If the game's "over",turn it off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He looks terrible. I do not like his arrogant attitude and he is no longer a number one pitcher. He caused Helped cause Francina's demise.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I would not be surprised if they get swept by the Tigers this weekend. You get what you pay for a cheap often injured closer, a converted relief pitcher into the 4th spot, a cheap farm hand 5th starter. I think this is going to be a very long year. At least Valentine will kisck them in the rear end. Beckett looks as bad as he did in September.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

AL, his thumb has to bothering him, no curveball, just hanging over the plate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

yet he keeps throwing it and getting hammered.... thats something salty has to see and adjust.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When I heard the other day that he was taking a cortisone shot, I knew we were in trouble. If Beckett is down, it's pretty much over before it starts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Beckett to the DL. 

Hasn't lost a step since last September, he is the same guy and the same angry, petulant and ineffective pitcher. 

Agree about his arrogance, and his ability to poison the clubhouse, the bench, and the younger players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad:
    When I heard the other day that he was taking a cortisone shot, I knew we were in trouble. If Beckett is down, it's pretty much over before it starts.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Wont be surprised if he goes on the DL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

AL, his thumb has to bothering him, no curveball, just hanging over the plate. Wont be surprised if he goes on the DL Posted by J-BAY
    But J, what good would that do? He claims to have had it for 18 months, has spent extended time on the DL during that time, and still has the problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

90 MPH and flat ain't gonna cut it.  It's been that for a long time.  Thank God Theo isn't around anymore to give him another fat extension!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Fried chicken and beer is waiting at the Detroit concession stand. 17 million for 2012 will cover it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Beckett, DL?  really?  Shocking... Funny how up until 3:55pm Red Sox fan and Red Sox writer was talking how this was going to be his year.  He had something to prove...blah blah blah.  What is he proving that Comerica Park is really a hitters park?  A long year has begun Red Sox fan....enjoy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to "Re: beckett looks bad": But J, what good would that do? He claims to have had it for 18 months, has spent extended time on the DL during that time, and still has the problem.
    Posted by TheExaminer

been bothering him for 18 months, has gotten cortizone shots and pitched great. always had his curveball. if he saw three dr's, its got to be worse. He'll end up having surgery as well. Hopefully, it's just a bad first game, we'll see

what a surprise andrews shown up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Fried chicken and beer is waiting at the Detroit concession stand. 17 million for 2012 will cover it.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Maybe it's broiled chicken & light beer now; adjustments.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad :  been bothering him for 18 months, has gotten cortizone shots and pitched great. always had his curveball. if he saw three dr's, its got to be worse. He'll end up having surgery as well. Hopefully, it's just a bad first game, we'll see what a surprise andrews shown up
    Posted by J-BAY

So is it your contention that Beckett "pitched great" over the past 18 months?

IE 2nd half of 2010 and all of 2011?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad :  been bothering him for 18 months, has gotten cortizone shots and pitched great. always had his curveball. if he saw three dr's, its got to be worse. He'll end up having surgery as well Posted by J-BAY
    Yip, you got it. If the thumb is the problem today, it'll get looked again, they'll DL him, and after about a week they'll say he needs surgery, and he'll be out till August. I got my hopes up last April, and despite the horrid start they rebounded. This team? Theyll have earn my trust, and if they get off to the kind of start they did last year, I don't see them rebounding the same way. Just not enough pitching. I'm liable to be much more skeptical than I was this time last year. Which, is why I probably won't be on the game threads as much, don't want to bring everybody down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Welcome to the season

Strap on your seatbelts boys and girls

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

He needs to be traded as soon as possible. He has a bad attitude and now he sucks. That is a bad combination.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Look the biggest issue is that Theo killed the team over the past few years with terrible moves.  This is the what we've inherited.  In time, Theo's disaster will wane; perhaps next year.  But this year it is what it is...........

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He needs to be traded as soon as possible. He has a bad attitude and now he sucks. That is a bad combination.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

Yes but there is not one team in baseball that would trade a marginal player for him nor simply pick up his contract.  Nada one.  Just like Crawford, Jenks, Lackey and one point in time Drew.......

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts