beckett looks bad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: beckett looks bad

Beckett was awful and maybe his thumb is affecting him and maybe it wasn't. If it is a problem it's up to him to tell Bobby V that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: beckett looks bad:
    [QUOTE]Beckett was awful and maybe his thumb is affecting him and maybe it wasn't. If it is a problem it's up to him to tell Bobby V that.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

he has been to 3 doctors. Me thinks he has let them know it is a problem...just saying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Calm down for crying out loud. You don't panic before it's even Easter. The season ends six months from now.
    Posted by Flattiehater[/QUOTE]

As a wise man once said........

"It get's late early around here"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

so glad Bobby V got tough with the guys in spring training and made them do drills, that has made all the difference in getting off to a better start than last year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

The Tigers made Comerica Park look small.  Wow

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]He needs to be traded as soon as possible. He has a bad attitude and now he sucks. That is a bad combination.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]
    You're right ... bad attitude and he sucks. Other teams will be standing in line to take him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

after the boston public reaction to their locker room bear and chicken escapades and collapse, does anyone really think this guy wants to win in boston? he may still have some left in the tank, but does he still want to win in boston?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]after the boston public reaction to their locker room bear and chicken escapades and collapse, does anyone really think this guy wants to win in boston? he may still have some left in the tank, but does he still want to win in boston?
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Now I know the chicken was fried, but were the "bears" polar or grizzly?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

must be the thumb; next we will here that his thumb has been bothering him since August 2011.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : Now I know the chicken was fried, but were the "bears" polar or grizzly?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

my first post here in a long time and i have to screw up spelling beer. you knew what i meant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Please lighten up some as to being 0-2.  Verlander and Lester both pitched great.  Yes Josh was off, but he has been off before, and then tremendously strong in other games.    
        Deviating from this post, but as to Valentine, can we just give him a chance.  I didn't want Tito to leave, and Valentine was not my first choice.  I have been impressed with forthright interviews with him, and think he will do fine. 
        I hate to lose, but it isn't like we are in August and out of the race.   People that rip the team now, with injuries to the closer and Crawford, hopefully will admit they are wrong when the team takes off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]   Please lighten up some as to being 0-2.  Verlander and Lester both pitched great.  Yes Josh was off, but he has been off before, and then tremendously strong in other games.         Deviating from this post, but as to Valentine, can we just give him a chance.  I didn't want Tito to leave, and Valentine was not my first choice.  I have been impressed with forthright interviews with him, and think he will do fine.      I hate to lose, but it isn't like we are in August and out of the race.   People that rip the team now, with injuries to the closer and Crawford, hopefully will admit they are wrong when the team takes off.
    Posted by RedSoxNation4Ever[/QUOTE]

i actually have no problem with the 0-2. i just hate the idea of depending on beckett to be your #1 or #2 or even #3. i do not believe that guy cares about the team anymore. if he wins, he is winning it for himself. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

[QUOTE]In case you didn't notice, the sox scored zero runs against the Tiger BP.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I was sick when I read last year that we had given Beckett a fat multi-year contract. Given his inability to put two good years together, I was hoping for an off-season trade. Missed that chance.

So now it looks like we'll have half our payroll eaten up by DL losers. sLackey, Dice-K, CC, and soon, Beckett. If you combine that with 14 million for a past-his-prime DH, and I can't even imagine what we might have landed in longer term pitching prospects for the same money.

When will management learn that dumping lots of cash into a few positions is a losing proposition, especially when you're as bad at making picks as our management has been recently.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: beckett looks bad : I was sick when I read last year that we had given Beckett a fat multi-year contract. Given his inability to put two good years together, I was hoping for an off-season trade. Missed that chance. So now it looks like we'll have half our payroll eaten up by DL losers. sLackey, Dice-K, CC, and soon, Beckett. If you combine that with 14 million for a past-his-prime DH, and I can't even imagine what we might have landed in longer term pitching prospects for the same money. When will management learn that dumping lots of cash into a few positions is a losing proposition, especially when you're as bad at making picks as our management has been recently.
    Posted by lasitter[/QUOTE]

someone realized the mistake. unfortunately, that someone was the same guy who made it and upon realization of the mistake, went for the exit.