Beckett on WAAF's Hill Man Morning Show Tuesday On if the Red Sox have a dysfunctional clubhouse: " exact opposite' Your reaction?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Beckett on WAAF's Hill Man Morning Show Tuesday On if the Red Sox have a dysfunctional clubhouse: " exact opposite' ...

He's got some valid points, the Boston media is a bad influence on its teams by and large, but he's still a lousy pitcher now, he's lost his stuff and it ain't coming back and he's not enough of a "pitcher" to have what he has left as a thrower work for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Beckett on WAAF's Hill Man Morning Show Tuesday On if the Red Sox have a dysfunctional clubhouse: " exact opposite' ...

September 30th, 2014 or 9-30-14 - That's the only thing that man can be thinking of now.......retirement date..........that's it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Beckett confirming my notion on the matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

There's no doubt he has some valid points about the Boston media and some of the scribes. Bottom line is Josh made his own bed w/ his surly angry-man attitude along w/ the shenanigans from last season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I have no thoughts because I am not nor have I ever been in the Red Sox Clubhouse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Some posters here are opining based on their perceptions of Beckett on TV. How many of you watch NESN interviews in order to make that judgement or are you using the opnions of the media to base your opinions on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

The media in Boston is a pussycat compared to other areas of the country.
    I lived in the Denver area for two years back in the '70s and I can tell you the media was absolutely brutal on the Broncos, even when they were winning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Beckett is probably right.  These guys hate losing and hate being incessantly attacked by the press.  Of course they are going to band together.  If they had any doubts about Bobby V, those probably evaporated after the attacks he has received. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Hmm...who do I think is correct? The media who make speculations and fans who carry these speculations like a child's game of telephone or Beckett...who is actually in the best position to know...

...pretty much a no-brainer.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett on WAAF's Hill Man Morning Show Tuesday On if the Red Sox have a dysfunctional clubhouse: " exact opposite' Your reaction?:
    Some posters here are opining based on their perceptions of Beckett on TV. How many of you watch NESN interviews in order to make that judgement or are you using the opnions of the media to base your opinions on.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy

Pike-ish.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett on WAAF's Hill Man Morning Show Tuesday On if the Red Sox have a dysfunctional clubhouse: " exact opposite' Your reaction?:
    Hmm...who do I think is correct? The media who make speculations and fans who carry these speculations like a child's game of telephone or Beckett...who is actually in the best position to know... ...pretty much a no-brainer.
    Posted by Yoshimi25

And believing the guy who took no responsibility for his actions last September and who gets a sore back on a plane ride, etc. Really?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

The hatred of a Red Sox player by Red Sox fans is very difficult for me to understand. There must be ulterior motives or other reasons involved here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Fair enough Josh!  Glad to hear all is well, & you're all laughing and joking in the clubhouse!  Good on ya! So.......  What the hell IS THE PROBLEM then???  Why are you s hitting the bed?  Why are you going golfing when it seems you can't stay healthy?  Why are you clearly out of shape, & seem to have an "I could give a s hit what fans think" attitude? Let's stop with the "blame the messenger" bit.  Sure!  The Boston Sports Media, and many fans can get pretty brutal sometimes, but that ain't the reason you chummy fellas acted like spoiled little kids over the most absurdly petty little issues all last year, & then played dead on your last manager. I get so fed up with this, "the Boston media & fans are just too mean, & make our guys not want to &play here," BS!  If not for the rabid fans & Boston Sports Media, the ownership would not be able to afford the big payrolls that pay for their out of control bloated salaries.  Without a doubt, MLB players, especially those who come to Boston, are the softest athletes on the planet.  "Crying???  Crying?!?  There's no crying in baseball!" Time for Beckett to put up, or SHUT THE F up!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

It has nothing to do with hatred!  Nothing!  I think guys who grew up here, simply have a very low threshold for whining, bi tching, griping, & excuse making from anybody, especially athletes who we pay outrageous salaries to. It's the way we were raised.  We simply don't suffer whiners for one minute. If a guy comes here, plays his arss off, & keeps a positive attitude, the fans & media love the guy. i.e. Kapler.  If a guy gets a HUGE contract to play here, & then they start with the whining???  WATCH OUT! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Here's what I think about Beckett - the man pitched arguably the greatest Red Sox season since the Pedro era in 2011, and because of a couple of Mark Reynolds HRs (which are as much an act of God as skill) he's been crucified for enjoying a couple of beers and some Popeyes in the club house.  This should have been his redemption, after a terrible, injury-plagued 2010, when we were all wondering if he had anything left.  The story should have been about his remarkable come-back season, and instead it's all about how his diet led to the team's collapse. Here's another thing about Beckett - I've witnessed two Red Sox world championships in my lifetime, and no single player did more to make either a reality than Josh Beckett did with his performance in 2007.  No Beckett, no ring, plain and simple.  Why isn't that worth more to us fans?  He did more to bring us a World Series win than Pedro, Schilling, Papi (arguably), Nomar, Yaz, Ted Williams - how many of the guys on that list would you boo if they walked off the field with an injury?  How many of you would smack a drumstick out of Yaz's hands?  Would we be treating Pedro this way if we had outbid the Mets to re-sign him for four largely miserable years after 2004? Maybe the guy's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder, but I have to say - maybe it belongs there.
    Posted by slomag

Well said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett on WAAF's Hill Man Morning Show Tuesday On if the Red Sox have a dysfunctional clubhouse: " exact opposite' Your reaction? : Pike-ish.
    Posted by nhsteven

How come you never comment on Mikey's aliases? Or why he creates them when none of his screennames have been banned?

He's a Yankee fan on a Sox board who's says he's here to talk about baseball and even admits to other aliases. Why would he need to do that? I don't get it. You don't think Motown and thefly are Mikey as well? Really?

I still believe BDC should only allow one screenname per person. Anything you want to say, should be said under one name. IMO a Yankee fan with multiple names here has to be doing it because they are trying to create havoc here. There is no other reason. If he wanted to talk about baseball, he wouldn't need to do that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

RS fans got to love them...Some believe what he said and the valid points he makes.
    Others think otherwise and still others turn it around to fit what they percieve.

BTW to those who think Josh has suked all year. He has 14 games where he went 6+ to 8 inings and gave up 4 runs in 4 and 3 or less in 10. If he had run support he'd have 10+ Wins.

I also find it amusing that Josh gets some of the same stuff Rice did as a player from fans and the media.
    As well as he can be surley and non responsive to the media and it some how translates into being a clubhouse cancer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As Dad would say.......  "SON, that Beckett$ boy is trouble, don't bring him around here" !!!

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts