Beckett, the pending Dodger Deal, and the 10/5 Rights

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Beckett, the pending Dodger Deal, and the 10/5 Rights

9:34pm: Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine says that he still expects Beckett to make his start on Saturday, tweets Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.

If Beckett vetos the trades can you image the boos he will hear every pitch in every inning at Fenway until September 30, 2014?  As ticked off as I will be if he vetos the deal, I suppose that will be the consolation prize.  You gotta figure that will at least trigger at least one Jack MacDowell moment........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Beckett, the pending Dodger Deal, and the 10/5 Rights

Could you imagine if Beckett gets pulled in the middle of the first or second inning at Fenway tomorrow?  That place is going to go wild with excitement.  Surely he'll flip everyone off on his way out won't he?  Come on JB - give us some satisfaction!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett, the pending Dodger Deal, and the 10/5 Rights:
    Could you imagine if Beckett gets pulled in the middle of the first or second inning at Fenway tomorrow?  That place is going to go wild with excitement.  Surely he'll flip everyone off on his way out won't he?  Come on JB - give us some satisfaction!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch

Think he'll tell bobby v FU a la Kevin youkilis? Lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Post game: Carl Crawford has three teams listed as no trade on his contract, one is the Dodgers. Crawford said he hasnt even been contact yet, to be asked. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Post game: Carl Crawford has three teams listed as no trade on his contract, one is the Dodgers. Crawford said he hasnt even been contact yet, to be asked. 
    Posted by J-BAY

Love It, J................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

If Beckett declines I wouldn't be suprised if the Red Sox back out of this deal completely.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

sports nite: Beckett hasn't been contacted for approval yet, either. Medical records are being exchanged. the deal and money are still in the talking stage. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

If Beckett declines I wouldn't be suprised if the Red Sox back out of this deal completely.
    Posted by JohnnyLefty

If they aren't getting rid of Beckett, .. what's the point of getting rid of Crawford and Gonzalez?  They're young, .. Gonzalez has been productive, .. and Crawford will likely rebound to put up career representative numbers.

The Nation should be careful for what he wish for, .. they might well get it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

sports nite: Beckett hasn't been contacted for approval yet, either. Medical records are being exchanged. the deal and money are still in the talking stage. 
    Posted by J-BAY

We don't know who has been contacted or what their responses are yet. Nor are we entitled to know when they are contacted. Hard to believe that either guy doesn't want out of here by now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I can see Crawford staying and the other 3 going.  But I'd prefer all 4 go

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett, the pending Dodger Deal, and the 10/5 Rights : If they aren't getting rid of Beckett, .. what's the point of getting rid of Crawford and Gonzalez?  They're young, .. Gonzalez has been productive, .. and Crawford will likely rebound to put up career representative numbers. The Nation should be careful for what he wish for, .. they might well get it.
    Posted by heobrien

AGREE 100 PERCENT

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In this case - the easy position to take is "be careful"

People are attempting to position themselves for I told you so scenarios. 

Tthe toxic poisons must be purged from the body. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i am fine letting the 4 go if the sox gets back something that resembles an asset. i'd give up beckett for a bag of peanuts. crawford, i am indifferent. gonzales? i am not sure i like him either, but you can get more for him. it's a big mistake not to.

this is not rebuilding. this simply is a demolition. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I believe both Becektt and Crawford have approved by now if not, they are fully expected to

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett, the pending Dodger Deal, and the 10/5 Rights : If they aren't getting rid of Beckett, .. what's the point of getting rid of Crawford and Gonzalez?  They're young, .. Gonzalez has been productive, .. and Crawford will likely rebound to put up career representative numbers. The Nation should be careful for what he wish for, .. they might well get it.
    Posted by heobrien

Ditto...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

i am fine letting the 4 go if the sox gets back something that resembles an asset. i'd give up beckett for a bag of peanuts. crawford, i am indifferent. gonzales? i am not sure i like him either, but you can get more for him. it's a big mistake not to. this is not rebuilding. this simply is a demolition. 
    Posted by seattlepat70

Couldn't agree more.  Imagine you are a Dodgers fan.  Is there a single Dodger fan who doesn't love this deal?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett, the pending Dodger Deal, and the 10/5 Rights : Couldn't agree more.  Imagine you are a Dodgers fan.  Is there a single Dodger fan who doesn't love this deal?
    Posted by parhunter55

Apples and Oranges

Dodgers are close to contending and haven't won a WS in a long time

Sox got no chance and had to change things; and aren't as desperate

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

SATURDAY, 7:52am: The deal is "pretty much done," reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter). Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that both Beckett and Crawford have agreed to waive their no-trade clauses while Rosenthal adds that both clubs have signed off on the medicals.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

i am fine letting the 4 go if the sox gets back something that resembles an asset. i'd give up beckett for a bag of peanuts. crawford, i am indifferent. gonzales? i am not sure i like him either, but you can get more for him. it's a big mistake not to. this is not rebuilding. this simply is a demolition. 
    Posted by seattlepat70

In the end the asset we recieve will be in the form of financial freedom...none of the guys reported to be heading our way are "blue chippers". Which means that the Dodgers are likely going to take on all or a very large pct of the moneys owed to the three. Money's that, can then be spent, on retooling the club over the next two seasons.

Personally, I don't like the deal as reported, but given the teams play since August of last year. Demolition might be the best way to rid them of players that aren't "team guys" and then go about the buisness of retooling the roster with players that buy into the program. Given our resources it won't take them long to find players willing to come to the park everyday and play hard.

End of the day, the roster as comprised today was Esptein's doing. If this trade goes through, then Cherington will then be able to begin to remake the roster with players that fit the teams phylosophies...Job one is for the ownership team led by Luccino to decide exactly who they are and then go about the buisness of hiring a manager and a coaching staff that shares that phyosophy then filling the roster with players that fit the model...Something they did well from 2002 to 2008...thereafter not so much...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

SATURDAY, 7:52am : The deal is "pretty much done," reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter ). Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that both Beckett and Crawford have agreed to waive their no-trade clauses while Rosenthal adds that both clubs have signed off on the medicals.
    Posted by andrewmitch

Happy day...happy freaking day. 
    A fresh start was needed and now its gonna happen. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

SATURDAY, 7:52am : The deal is "pretty much done," reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (on Twitter ). Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that both Beckett and Crawford have agreed to waive their no-trade clauses while Rosenthal adds that both clubs have signed off on the medicals.
    Posted by andrewmitch

Wow. I still can't believe that we may rid ourselves of the CC & Beckett deals in one trade. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Another point that must be made is that these moves by Theo's were not only wrong (as I've been saying for years) but that mgt/ownership can no longer cover for Theo w/ lame PR attempts:  it's officially accepted throughout baseball that in the end, Theo failed and he failed miserably.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5LzCOc98E

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carolgolds. Show carolgolds's posts

As Beckett said a few weeks ago, he doesn't want to stay where he is not wanted.  Thanks Beckett naysayers - your concerted effort with the media to get him out of here worked.  Be careful what you wish for - all of you treated Manny Ramirez better than you did Beckett. Instead of trying to support Beckett - you totally trashed him and about the only thing that you didn't blame on him was the invasion of Afghanistan.

Sections
Shortcuts