Beckett Unable to Pitch in AS game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Beckett Unable to Pitch in AS game

We don't need another starting pitcher on the DL.  No way to start the second half.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Beckett Unable to Pitch in AS game

In Response to Beckett Unable to Pitch in AS game:
    We don't need another starting pitcher on the DL.  No way to start the second half.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan

I'm watching and just heard, not good at all for the Sox if Beck, Jon and Clay end up on the DL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Better that he didn't pitch...more days to rest the tweaked knee.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett Unable to Pitch in AS game:
    Better that he didn't pitch...more days to rest the tweaked knee.
    Posted by jimdavis

I agree Jim, losing Josh could really put Theo in a tough position, not to mention our club.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Sure wish Josh had a little more Jeter in him and did not go. I don't think there is a way to recover from losing Josh, Jon and Buch for any length of time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It's probably ok, but like I posted earlier on another thread, he had no business pitching tonight. Not AT ALL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Now more bad news. CJ Wilson melting down in the 4th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Sure wish Josh had a little more Jeter in him and did not go. I don't think there is a way to recover from losing Josh, Jon and Buch for any length of time.
    Posted by fivekatz

This one has me worried a bit fivekatz. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

At least Lackey is healthy... Where would we be without his strong performance this year?

Forget upgrading RF (though a RHH fourth outfielder would be nice). We need to think seriously about ponying up for a SP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

At least Lackey is healthy... Where would we be without his strong performance this year? Forget upgrading RF (though a RHH fourth outfielder would be nice). We need to think seriously about ponying up for a SP.
    Posted by thirtysomething

No doubt thirty!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

At least Lackey is healthy... Where would we be without his strong performance this year? Forget upgrading RF (though a RHH fourth outfielder would be nice). We need to think seriously about ponying up for a SP.
    We aren't going to find a Josh Beckett on the market is the problem. We would find guys like the ones we have in Wake, Miller and Aceves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Let's be patient. Maybe Josh is just making sure.  A "tweak" can mean anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

We aren't going to find a Josh Beckett on the market is the problem. We would find guys like the ones we have in Wake, Miller and Aceves.
    Posted by fivekatz

Some rumors that Garza might be available... I hate to ask the price, though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

Bedard might be the best available but is always on the DL and the Cubs will want too much for Garza.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I guess no news is good news. If Josh were that bad off I'd think we'd have heard something by now. Mabye he just decided to play it safe and not go? AL pitching SUCKS in this game. Wilson melts down, and then who are some of these other guys? Most of them I've never even heard of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett Unable to Pitch in AS game : Bedard might be the best available but is always on the DL and the Cubs will want too much for Garza.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan
    Agreed and the bidding will be outragous on any starting pitcher that can give you quality starts.

I also agree that it is early to freak out but the current health of this staff is a at least something to be nervous about. It could be an effective knock out punch if everything went worse case scenario.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Update on Beckett: he said he stopped warming as a precaution because he felt some soreness, it was not a new injury. he stated further according to MLB officials, he promised francona he would be careful and shut it down purely as a precaution.

Sections
Shortcuts