Beckett was phenomenal and.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Beckett was phenomenal and.........

.....he should have gotten the win.
    I'm happy the RS won and are moving in the right direction. What really concerns me is the lack of timely hitting. We were given 11 free passes last night, left 15 on base, and were 2 for 18 w/RISP. As a matter of fact, we are last, last in MLB at .190 w/RISP.
    If there is not a marked improvement in this area, I'm afraid the boys will be watching the PS instead of playing in it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Beckett was phenomenol but.........

I think the stats will show that if a team keeps getting men on base it will translate to runs scored.  They are going through a period of leaving a lot of men on base but the trend will reverse itself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Re: Beckett was phenomenol and.........

I have to agree with Hfx on this one.  Hitting with RISP has been disproven as a repeatable skill.  This trend will reverse itself eventually.  Hopefully, it will at some point this season, but sometimes that doesn't happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Beckett was phenomenal and.........

I am not loving the pitch count regardless if he was feeling good. Bullpen was tired, granted, but doesn't this speak volumes that Wake is making Tito manage with one arm tied behind his back? Not that I would dare put Wake into a tie game in the 7th or 8th inning. Situation sceams for a resolution.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett was phenomenol and.........:
    [QUOTE]I have to agree with Hfx on this one.  Hitting with RISP has been disproven as a repeatable skill.  This trend will reverse itself eventually.  Hopefully, it will at some point this season, but sometimes that doesn't happen.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

791, are there any stats on the worst teams in baseball history for leaving men on base?  The LOBster champs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WAKE NEEDS TO RETIRE AND TAKE UP GOLF !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett was phenomenal and.........:
    [QUOTE]  WAKE NEEDS TO RETIRE AND TAKE UP GOLF !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

A Softy-esque drive-by!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]  WAKE NEEDS TO RETIRE AND TAKE UP GOLF !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

This was a random post.  Did I doze off and miss Wake in the game last night?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett was phenomenol and......... : 791, are there any stats on the worst teams in baseball history for leaving men on base?  The LOBster champs?
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I don't have Twitter access right now, but let me pose the question later when I get home.  I'm pretty sure I know someone who can answer that question.  I just did a quick search, and I found some articles that were team specific, but nothing else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

This post is about "Beckett" and no one else!  Beckett was awesome and IMO is better now than he has ever been.  While I doubt if he can keep pitching like he has lately, anything close to that performance should get him 15-20 wins this season, hopefully with better run support.  GO BECKETT AND SOX!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

In Response to Beckett was phenomenal and.........:
    [QUOTE].....he should have gotten the win. I'm happy the RS won and are moving in the right direction. What really concerns me is the lack of timely hitting. We were given 11 free passes last night, left 15 on base, and were 2 for 18 w/RISP. As a matter of fact, we are last, last in MLB at .190 w/RISP. If there is not a marked improvement in this area, I'm afraid the boys will be watching the PS instead of playing in it.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

This is the sixteenth thread that you started this week with your sincere and honest grave concerns about your Red Sox. You are really our best fan because you are apparently the most concerned. Why don't you leave early today and enjoy your holiday weekend. The Concern Boss has a bonus check to give to you plus a free turkey and an Easter basket for a job well done. See you back here on Monday and we will be anxiously awaiting your list of new concerns. RSN needs more just like you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]This post is about "Beckett" and no one else!  Beckett was awesome and IMO is better now than he has ever been.  While I doubt if he can keep pitching like he has lately, anything close to that performance should get him 15-20 wins this season, hopefully with better run support.  GO BECKETT AND SOX!
    Posted by lucbom[/QUOTE]

I'm curious. Why would you think he can't keep pitching like he has? The Yankees, Jays and Angels are all in the top half of the league in BA, slugging and OBP. It's not like Beckett has been stat-padding against the bottom of the league.

If Beckett stays healthy, he's going to win a lot of games for the Sox this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Good Post keep em coming ignore the posters who are nothing but insultive.

In Response to Beckett was phenomenal and.........:
    [QUOTE].....he should have gotten the win. I'm happy the RS won and are moving in the right direction. What really concerns me is the lack of timely hitting. We were given 11 free passes last night, left 15 on base, and were 2 for 18 w/RISP. As a matter of fact, we are last, last in MLB at .190 w/RISP. If there is not a marked improvement in this area, I'm afraid the boys will be watching the PS instead of playing in it.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Good Post keep em coming ignore the posters who are nothing but insultive. In Response to Beckett was phenomenal and......... :
    Posted by REDSOX-11[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I try not to be negative but realistic. I realize it's early and there's plenty of time to get kinks out.
    The way I see it thus far, we are not as cohesive as we need to be and I believe it's because a team leader has not emerged. We need someone, perhaps Pedroia, to be that guy.
    It's time for a new captain!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]I have to agree with Hfx on this one.  Hitting with RISP has been disproven as a repeatable skill.  This trend will reverse itself eventually.  Hopefully, it will at some point this season, but sometimes that doesn't happen.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think a small percentage of players are a little better and a little worse, but as a team, I'd be surprised of there was any repeatness.