Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselv...

i never thought his wife's pregnancy had anything to do with his september shenanigans....he was out of condition, and that affected his health/performance.....whether that was because he ate too much chicken, drank too much beer, or skipped the gym, only he knows - but everyone saw how much he gained and how much he was gassed by the 5th inning by the end of the season....he should just fess up to being out of shape....but he looks pretty good this sping so far....he just needs to fess up, shut up, and pitch hard...I'm not interested in his baby stories - your wife is the one up with the kid and a single mom during the season .....she needs props/not u

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselv...

In Response to Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves.":
    [QUOTE]Sometimes we tend to forget that these players are human, and that they have things going on in their lives besides baseball.  Beckett is not the type to make excuses for his pitches.  When he pitches poorly, his typical response is, "I didn't execute my pitches".  Beckett doesn't feel like he has to defend himself for being distracted by his wife's pregancy, and I agree wholeheartedly with him.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

No one is attacking him for that.

Regardless, he stunk in September and since when do athletes feel REQUIRED to sit with a reporter for an hour to clear the air?

He needs to shut up and pitch then go home and take his personal life seriously because it is all part of life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves.":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves." : No one is attacking him for that. Regardless, he stunk in September and since when do athletes feel REQUIRED to sit with a reporter for an hour to clear the air? He needs to shut up and pitch then go home and take his personal life seriously because it is all part of life.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

I think some posters are attacking him for that.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Regardless, Beckett's pregnant wife being a distraction is no more a reason for the team's collapse than the chicken and the beer.   It may have, and probably did contribute to Beckett's not pitching well in September, but I also attribute his poor pitching to not being in the best physical condition and the ankle injury, which likely go hand in hand.

The bigger point being, sometimes these players do have things weighing on their minds, and we tend to forget that as fans.  Family comes first.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

This forum is definitely on its last legs and even the return of Harness cannot save it. Trolls like WO, Georom, and Babe  and his enablers led by J-Bay have killed it. What a group of characters. It will never survive the trolls, negativity, spepticism, and cynicism. Rarely can one find an optimistic post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm amazed at what some got out of that interview.
    Looks to me like no matter what Josh says or does there will be the haters just like Wake, Tek and others now and in the past.

I will say as I have said on this forum for the past 5 years the RS have sacred cows and they have scrapegoats. No matter how bad the SC do they will never be thrown under the bus. If you are a scrapegoat there is NOTHING you can do to get out from under the bus.

RS fans are just like that........................

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]I'm amazed at what some got out of that interview. Looks to me like no matter what Josh says or does there will be the haters just like Wake, Tek and others now and in the past. I will say as I have said on this forum for the past 5 years the RS have sacred cows and they have scrapegoats. No matter how bad the SC do they will never be thrown under the bus. If you are a scrapegoat there is NOTHING you can do to get out from under the bus. RS fans are just like that........................
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

You might as well be arguing with a stone fence. Stone fence or a troll - same result. Georom doesn't care what you say. He doesn't read or comprehend what he reads. Trolls only live to annoy. They operate with a different scorecard than other people.You are a puppet  dancing on his strings. Shame on you.

Read up on Internet trolls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]This forum is definitely on its last legs and even the return of Harness cannot save it. Trolls like WO, Georom, and Babe  and his enablers led by J-Bay have killed it. What a group of characters. It will never survive the trolls, negativity, spepticism, and cynicism. Rarely can one find an optimistic post.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

last I recall harness named you as one of the biggest detriments to the short and long term health of the forum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves."": [QUOTE]Your wife having a child? Irrelevant information Josh. Yada, yada, yada about that being an important life moment, you're not saying anything anyone argues over. Nevertheless? It is totally irrelevant. From you gaining fat weight to the rhetoric about whether you should be doing squats in the weightroom and or your thoughts about your differences with and the drama over Terry Francona. Just shut up and pitch Josh Beckett, you stunk during the last month. Shut up and pitch dude. You had a shot at being genuine Hall of Fame material on the initial ballot. You somehow squandered that. Now just shut up and pitch you rich a$$ whole. Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE] WesternOregon: the new Pike.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves." : I think some posters are attacking him for that.  Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, Beckett's pregnant wife being a distraction is no more a reason for the team's collapse than the chicken and the beer.   It may have, and probably did contribute to Beckett's not pitching well in September, but I also attribute his poor pitching to not being in the best physical condition and the ankle injury, which likely go hand in hand. The bigger point being, sometimes these players do have things weighing on their minds, and we tend to forget that as fans.  Family comes first.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

Attributing beliefs and reasons for why people say what they say is foible.
    Him being "human" was never in doubt.
    The fact that he felt "led" to chat with a highly visible media member for an hour is unfathomable. Some people talk about closure being important with regard to cathartic events. I don't. It would appear to this reader that Josh Beckett is less focused on the future than he needs to be. Maybe that is so because he's still reconciling the past.

Let it go Josh Beckett.

Think what you like but shut up and just pitch. You've scuttled a Hall of Fame nomination. Try to salvage it with the four or five seasons you have left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

You might be a redneck if you are halfway into a $68 million dollar contract to pitch professional baseball as their starting ace....your team just logged a historic collapse and you decide to get in front of the cameras and microphones and say ..."Baseball isn't my No. 1 priority anymore,...I definitely find myself thinking about [Holly and the baby] whereas a lot of times I used to be thinking about how I was going to get this guy out, "

Seriously, this guy needs to stop with the excuses, stop playing the victim, stop the denial about "nothing needed changing" and most of all, stop with the interviews.

If $68 million can't keep your head in the game, how much will?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

For Josh to play the "new father card" when his problem was clearly conditioning and attitude is weak, weak sauce. Where I come from there are no excuses for bad performance, you man up. Plenty of new fathers step it up and do important stuff every day. His real problem was that he was given freedom and trust and he blew it. 

That said, if Beckett channels this frustration into a great pitching season, I'll have no complaints and neither will anyone else. If he has a poor season, we'll point back to interviews like this as signs that he never really did an inventory of his problems and made corrections.

I for one hope he does succeed, I don't care if his talk offends me as long as he succeeds on the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" last I recall harness named you as one of the biggest detriments to the short and long term health of the forum." 

LMAO. So true. Dude can't even keep a screen name for more than a month and he lectures other people about towing the line in here. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Enough with this collapse, Josh just pitch and keep yourself in good shape like you are paid handsomely to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]You might be a redneck if you are halfway into a $68 million dollar contract to pitch professional baseball as their starting ace....your team just logged a historic collapse and you decide to get in front of the cameras and microphones and say ... "Baseball isn't my No. 1 priority anymore,...I definitely find myself thinking about [Holly and the baby] whereas a lot of times I used to be thinking about how I was going to get this guy out, " Seriously, this guy needs to stop with the excuses, stop playing the victim, stop the denial about "nothing needed changing" and most of all, stop with the interviews. If $68 million can't keep your head in the game, how much will?
    Posted by michaelsjr[/QUOTE]

Right on...I cant believe how dumb this guy is...and how people are trying to defend this lunacy...just pitch and s t f u

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I made an error in my original post.  I said there are 3 things your don't mess with a mans wife a mans women and a mans money.

I meant to say a mans women, a mans mother and a mans money (I've used money and car interchangeably) I was not trying to infer that it is manly to have a wife and a jump off

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I intentionally drafted Josh in my top 6 last year... this year I refuse to even list Beckett on my draft list.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Let's leave last year alone.  I believe things are going to be different and there is no value in bringing up old chit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett is what he is...and I expect nothing more or less from him...the one thing i dont buy is him saying that baseball isnt the most important thing in his life and somehow he ties that in to his wifes pregnancy and birth of the daughter in october....excuse me Josh but what does this have to do with anything that happened in September???  you tanked it then with your lazy attitude and juvenile antics...what part of this interview, or any of the things you have said since suggest growth or maturity?  i'm telling you this guy is not going to finish the season here...he doesnt give a rats behind about anybody but himself...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

In fact, the right-hander offered a glimpse into his state of mind in a late-August interview with WEEI.com.

"Baseball isn't my No. 1 priority anymore," he said at that time. "Everybody goes through that change. Some people might go through that change before that even happens, but I definitely find myself thinking about [Holly and the baby] whereas a lot of times I used to be thinking about how I was going to get this guy out, or what I needed to do that day. They're my central focus.

"Maybe a couple of months into the pregnancy, it started to become real," he continued. "When you first find out you're pregnant, there are a lot of different emotions, but it's not quite real yet. But then you get a couple of months in and you go to the doctor's appointment once a month, check in on the baby, do that first ultrasound, and it becomes real then. You realize that person is going to completely depend on me and it literally wouldn't live without us. It's something I'm really looking forward to. Since the time I've wanted it, I've wanted it bad."

At that point, the Red Sox were 30 games over .500 and Beckett was living life as their ace, carrying an 11-5 mark with a 2.43 ERA. Even in the Sept. 16 press conference in which the pitcher reiterated that he viewed "other things" as more important than baseball, the Sox had just beaten Tampa Bay, with Beckett earning the victory after allowing three runs over six innings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingOSmakk. Show KingOSmakk's posts

Ha-ha, this is so comical.

Judy Beckett has got more excuses than AJ Burnitwit.

I didn't drink = LIE!

I didn't know there was furor, no internet in my house = LIE!

I was in shape = LIE!

BLobby Valentine thinks Beckett is a slow toad = TRUTH!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves." : Right on...I cant believe how dumb this guy is...and how people are trying to defend this lunacy...just pitch and s t f u
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Lunacy???  because he ate a piece of chicken and had a beer on a day when he wasn't pitching.  the lunancy is that anyone actually believes that him eating chicken in the clubhouse and having a beer, where no one on the team could see him is some how a terrible thing.  Had he done it at home after then game, then it would be just fine.  .

Chicken and beer in the clubhouse had absolutely no impact on the team.  0.  Nothing.  Nada.  Zip.

On the other hand, a sprained ankle may have been a problem.  Having that mental midget Lester as the only healthy pitcher on the rotation may have had an impact.

Lester has never been a go to guy.  He's never been a stopper.  he's always been a wave rider.  Pitch game 4 of sweep, Lester's your man.  Pitch game 4 to avoid a sweep.  Anyone but lester.

A rotation of ...
    Beckett with a bad ankle
    Lackey with his arm ready to fall off
    Lester
    Wakefield
    Miller
    Bedard

And yet somehow they lost because of chicken and beer.

This isn't about making excuses for beckett or defending beckett.  It's about people defending ownership.  They'd rather listen to leaks from ownership about chicken and beer in the clubhouse being a problem instead of using their eyes to see that the team wasn't constructed to make it to the post season.

How do you spend $180 millions on a team and be reliant on players the caliber of Wakefield, Miller, and Bedard to make the post season?  That's crazy.  They were calling guys up from Pawtucket to pitch in critical games that they clearly weren't ready for.  How does chicken and beer have anything to do with a complete lack of depth at starting pitching?

The real crime here is not that the team didn't make the post season.  Its that it was a miracle that they were in first place on September 1 and no one seems to realize it.

Even with his bad September beckett finished ninth in Cy Young voting.  So the people who are supposed to be experts think that Beckett had the 9th best season among AL pitchers last year.  Had he not had those to roguh outings at the end of Septmeber, he probably finishes 2nd or 3rd.

And who cares if he's dumb or a einstien as long as his era is under 3?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

DirtyWater, Georom has heard all of your well-thought out responses every day since last October and it has had no effect on him whatsoever and who knows if he even reads them anymore. He is laughing at everyone who wastes their time and effort responding to his intentional purposeful drivel. His intent is to annoy you and he has succeeded. He is a successful troll. He pulls the strings and you dance for him. Give it up, you are not going to win any debate points or he couldn't care less. Most of the others are ignoring him and the only ones left on his threads are the enablers and those who come here for the free show. They are all laughing at you. Give it up and put him onto ignore.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to "Re: Beckett's interview with WEEI:"If somebody reads this or somebody thinks I'm wrong, they can go [expletive] themselves."": [QUOTE]DirtyWater, Georom has heard all of your well-thought out responses every day since last October and it has had no effect on him whatsoever and who knows if he even reads them anymore. He is laughing at everyone who wastes their time and effort responding to his intentional purposeful drivel. His intent is to annoy you and he has succeeded. He is a successful troll. He pulls the strings and you dance for him. Give it up, you are not going to win any debate points or he couldn't care less. Most of the others are ignoring him and the only ones left on his threads are the enablers and those who come here for the free show. They are all laughing at you. Give it up and put him onto ignore. Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE] You're right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Critics are exactly what Beckett needs. He's a lazy year on and off Union bum. If he pitches as well as he drinks beer and runs his mouth, maybe he'll earn that 17M a year for a full season.