Bedard Projection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Bedard Projection

He got hit first time off DL for Seattle.
    Didn't deter Theo.
    His Boston debut was an improvement.
    He's a key piece going forward.

For the record, what's your projection for him?
    How much of a difference do you think he'll make going forward?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Bedard Projection

I was actually encouraged by his pitching. Obviously 5 IP and 3 ER isn't the great ERA, but no walks and no homers. He really hurt himself in the second by not covering first on that grounder to the right side, but his actual pitching was encouraging for just having come off the DL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I thought he pitched well. 4 of the 7 hits he allowed, were seeing eye singles. He had good control and averged 14 pitches per IP. He did fall asleep on that one play which cost him a run, but overall, he was solid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Last night was very encouraging..I believe the Fenway atmosphere will be good for his competitive juices..2 walk-offs your first 2 nights in town had to be pretty exciting for him..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

I think he will be solid going forward and more reliable than Lackey and probably Wakefield.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yeah, 3 ERs doesn't tell the whole story last night.  There were some dinky grounders finding holes.  I thought he looked really good.  Real nice poise for his first start at fenway.  Love the no BBs.  I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I have to admit I am encouraged greatly.  Man, if the dude just needed to get on a contender to get his mojo workin', what a pick-up.  but too early for such conjecture.  Real nice start though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

I was satisfied with Bedard's first outing.  His delivery looked really fluid and his breaking stuff was mostly sharp and well-controlled.  Hopefully he doesn't remain scatterbrained on infield plays though.

I'll go ahead and wager he'll be a LOT better then Miller.  I'll need a few more starts to see if I want to bet him better than Lackey yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Decent first start. Way to early for conjecture here. He very well could be a solid 4 or 5, but need him to be a great 3. He could easily be better than Lackey or Wake and for sure will be better than Miller.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Need to see a couple of more starts before passing judgment for whether he was a good or bad pickup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Better than Miller at this point, liked what I saw. No one really squared up any of his pitches and he had solid command with fastball and especially the curveball. He pitches like that again and his line next time could be 6IP,4H,1ER,1BB,7K. With Bedard it has never been about his ability. Just has to stay healthy...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I'll bite.  ASSUMING continued health, 9 starts, 4-2 W-L, ERA approx. 3.80,WHIP around 1.280.......definite improvement over Miller/ Weiland.

Now if we could get Doubront healthy & consistent for pen, plus some offense from Crawford, things should work out.