Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning

In Response to Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning : I think Bedard will eventually morph into the "#3".
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Oh really? What do you see Lackey morphing into?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

On the postgame they interviewed Bedard about the small strike zone and he refused to be critical of McClellan. A class act.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning : I think Bedard will eventually morph into the "#3".
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I agree. He could very well turn out to be the solid number three that the sox will need for the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]On the postgame they interviewed Bedard about the small strike zone and he refused to be critical of McClellan. A class act.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
    Class and smart. He'll get McClellan again someday, and the big guy will remember that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I wonder how Lackey would have responded to the postage-stamp strike zone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder how Lackey would have responded to the postage-stamp strike zone.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    Have to admit, was wondering the same thing. Not the same as Bedard, I'm guessing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

First inning aside, he looked very good last night.  Ridiculous strike zone, but it was consistent.  Both teams lost some really good pitches last night. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder how Lackey would have responded to the postage-stamp strike zone.

I also wonder how Beckett would have reacted with those calls.I'm actually kind of surprised it wasn't a higher scoring game because of the strike zone.The pitchers almost had to groove it down the center of the plate to get a call.
    But,as others have said,Bedard handled it very well and didn't get too frustrated or overly emotional about it.I think he's going to be a solid pick up for the playoff stretch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]It almost looked like the ump was on the take! I've been watching ballgames for over 55 years and have never seen such a poor strike zone. I would hope that there is a review from the head of officials and this ump is fined or suspended. He is either on the take or is incompetent. Either way, he needs to be removed!!!! Bedard did very well.
    Posted by jeffory[/QUOTE] I had the exact same feeling, but I think Liriano was getting upset as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]those were my first thoughts as well. from game thread later in day on mlb replay: just watching the replay on mlb in the first and mcleland strke zone is a matchbox aand the reason for first run and for the 2 walks (and likely the hits cause you have to be down the middle to get a strike so far) (still in first with one out). anyone know why tek chosen to catch bedard. random?   agree about what llooyd said, bedard a pretty strong disposition to be calm wiht all those bs walks.   now 3 in 1st. cant imagine how far he would have pitched without this clown behind the plate.   Bedard looking like a cool customer! anti-lackey. imagine what lackey would have done if he was in the same position? i cringe to consider.       funny reading his lips off the mound at end of the first. wow! i love this guy already. he got hosed on like 20 pitches and took it, and didnt lose it. and was humorous coming off the mound. dont think beckett would have even been that cool under that. peace
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

I saw that too ... class guy, I hope he pans out and stays with the Sox next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]On the postgame they interviewed Bedard about the small strike zone and he refused to be critical of McClellan. A class act.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

totally.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning : I agree. He could very well turn out to be the solid number three that the sox will need for the playoffs.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

agreed.
    especially helpful his cool under pressure. and before the dl his era over 2 months was lower than becketts 1.77 i believe

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]First inning aside, he looked very good last night.  Ridiculous strike zone, but it was consistent.  Both teams lost some really good pitches last night. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

consistent? the only strike he called was waste high and right down the middle.
    do that a few more times and he should be out of a job.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

lackey wouldve probabaly been tossed before he pitched 20 with his temper i'm guessing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning : I saw that too ... class guy, I hope he pans out and stays with the Sox next year.
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

hey soxmeister,
    sense of humor, class, and a professional in demaenor AND who also knows how to pitch and get guys out. pray he stays healthy and i'd say he should be nails in the playoffs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard showing some class despite being squeezed especially in 1st inning : brdbue...link from the Boston Herald article..... http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1355698&position=0
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]It almost looked like the ump was on the take! I've been watching ballgames for over 55 years and have never seen such a poor strike zone. I would hope that there is a review from the head of officials and this ump is fined or suspended. He is either on the take or is incompetent. Either way, he needs to be removed!!!! Bedard did very well.
    Posted by jeffory[/QUOTE]

Apparently, he was the "crew chief" of umpires or something like that. No excuse for what he did. Maybe he thought he could get away with it with Bedard being a new pitcher who had so much bad press. Maybe he was hoping to add to that bad press. Who knows? Didn't work out for him. Like I said, actually wound up giving him much needed fan support. Gotta love when that happens.

Can't wait to see what a fun guy he's going to be in the playoffs, since I'm sure he'll be there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m