Bedard still the right choice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Bedard still the right choice

First: 4/11/2009
    Last: 7/31/2011
    In Response toRe: Bedard still the right choice:
    In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice : Pinstripezac has been around here a long time. We like him alot. He's funny, intelligent and gracious. There is no need to be confrontaional to this type poster just because his team of choice is one you and I both dislike.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

He's kind of a Yankee homer...
    Yanqui homers too often beat us ....

:o)

Zac's a lot of fun.  Hardly hurts at all when he posts ... the opposite of my verbosity, he's concise and to the point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Doubront and Weland are pitching great in recent days. Bucholz will be back. Bedard is damaged goods and the Theo bashing vultures would be circling once he got injured again later on. Same with Harden.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice:
    [QUOTE]Doubront and Weland are pitching great in recent days. Bucholz will be back. Bedard is damaged goods and the Theo bashing vultures would be circling once he got injured again later on. Same with Harden.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

First off, his name is buchholz, you would think you could learn how to spell the players' names on your supposed favorite team.

Secondly, he's done for the season, he won't be back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]For you guys that keep throwing out Anderson for Bedard, it makes no sense for Seattle.  They have Justin Smoak.   Why would they want Anderson??
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]
    As a potential designated hitter, although Seattle's Mike Carp seems to be a far more likely candidate at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Harness, I'll admit Bedard has a winning record, almost entirely earned with losing teams, and that also means we have no idea how he will do in a big market in the spotlight of a pennant race.

But that is why I like Harden better.  He has a better W-L pct. ... by a bit.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

do any of you guys think bedards medicals will be any better than hardens? He has been injured just as often. The only guy left worth going after is matt garza. He makes sense. He will cost more than bedard or harden but is AL east tested and is much younger than bedard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Bedard still the right choice:
    [QUOTE]I strongly believe that Bedard is still the right choice as far as the correct starting pitcher to trade for , he did not pitch real well last night but he still hit 94 on the gun so the stuff is there and out of the pitchers that will not cost you your entire farm system[ Jimenez]. i think that Bedard is by far the best available. Like with most pitchers available at this time of year there has to be something about them that makes there current team willing to get rid of them, due to the fact good pitching is so hard to find. Bedard has had some injury problems and is only signed through the rest of the year,but on the plus side his stuff is the type that translates into October and November baseball. His stats the last 3 years 245 Innings pitched , just 212 hits given up and 249 K's. that sounds like a very solid # 3 come playoff time and a great # 4 if Bucholz does return healthy and with his start last night the Mariners cannot expect much more that a couple of decent prospects.
    Posted by hortonhearzacup[/QUOTE]

BUT and it's a huge but, the Yankees can hit him.  #1 priority is to sign a pitcher who is lights out against NY.  This is why I dreaded Lackey coming to Boston. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Well. looks like  he was the .... choice.

Hopefully he'll get right here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice : First off, his name is buchholz, you would think you could learn how to spell the players' names on your supposed favorite team. Secondly, he's done for the season, he won't be back.
    Posted by -TheBabe---------[/QUOTE]

Your source for the prediction about Buchholz (other than wishful thinking)? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice : Pinstripezac has been around here a long time. We like him alot. He's funny, intelligent and gracious. There is no need to be confrontaional to this type poster just because his team of choice is one you and I both dislike.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

It's totally arrogant to use "we" in your posts to make a point. Are you speaking for the entire board, RS Nation in general, every single person in the world that posts here and/or reads the board -- or just your crowd from the Yankee/Sox fan sideboard that Zac led posters to years ago?  People who need to make "group" replies like that are hilarious to me. You all seem to think you run this board, and it's up to you who's acceptable and who's not. Think again.

And anyone who has a problem with Zac's posts here (the guy who ran me off the board last season because I dared to post about the Yankees on "his" board), can have a problem with them without being told they don't like the fact that he's a Yankee fan. That's a old standby he and his pals have used for years.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion here, whether you like it or not.

Edit: And his "pirate" pic (his old avatar was a pirate) holding a sword with a bag labeled "head of Ted" was really "funny, intelligent and gracious".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Well. looks like  he was the .... choice. Hopefully he'll get right here.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Agreed; did you see me new movie installment? I just bumped it for you. Check this out too:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]do any of you guys think bedards medicals will be any better than hardens? He has been injured just as often. The only guy left worth going after is matt garza. He makes sense. He will cost more than bedard or harden but is AL east tested and is much younger than bedard.
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]The Cubs never really wanted to move Garza. Bedard is a bit of a gamble in that he has some side setbacks as he has come back from labrum surgery, but we are talking about the last thing being the same issue as Lester just I had I believe.

What is encouraging is that Bedard seems to been very effective when he does pitch since the surgery, which doesn't happen very often. Forget ERA which might be impacted by Safeco, his WHIP this year is excellent as is his K/9.

This is a rental and adding more options to the collection of pitchers, hoping one will stick. Jimenz was not Halliday or Lee but the Rox were looking for a load of high quality prospects. An issue for NYY or the RS were they only have a few key high level prospects.

I have no issue with the RS not trading away Middlebrooks or Lavarnway to get a pitcher to improve their 2011 odds. Neither guy may pan out but Middlebrooks has the potential to be a top notch MLB 3B and Lavarnway an offensive C. Those are pillars you can build a team on for 6-10 years given the positional value offense at those positions have.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice : Agreed; did you see me new movie installment? I just bumped it for you. Check this out too: http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/?action=view&current=jetsbrass.mp4
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

The joke's on me, Steve ... I saw the piece before, but when I tried to play it, my pc froze.  She's an old gal and needs some tlc ... 

My boy in Philly hasnt commented on the Pence, Nnamdi double pickup for the city.  It'll  be interesting to see what he's  hearing....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice : The joke's on me, Steve ... I saw the piece before, but when I tried to play it, my pc froze.  She's an old gal and needs some tlc ...   My boy in Philly hasnt commented on the Pence, Nnamdi double pickup for the city.  It'll  be interesting to see what he's  hearing....
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

There's a Cliff Lee / Yankee Version:

Also, did you see the 1st scene from my 2nd script?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Bedard was pulled from the scrap heap, no improvement over Miller & Wakefield.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I think what most people are missing here, is that Bedard has never pitched for a contender. He certainly has the stuff to pitch well and his numbers back that up. To come to Boston with a chance to make the PS has to be thrill for him and just might bring out his best stuff ever.
    He's a quality LHP, and I believe will silence the naysayers on this board.
    You can't argue with a 3.45 ERA and a 1.17 WHIP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

If he is healthy, he will big a huge help...a crafty lefty throwing 92-94 with movement...please, its a no brainer...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice : The Cubs never really wanted to move Garza. Bedard is a bit of a gamble in that he has some side setbacks as he has come back from labrum surgery, but we are talking about the last thing being the same issue as Lester just I had I believe. What is encouraging is that Bedard seems to been very effective when he does pitch since the surgery, which doesn't happen very often. Forget ERA which might be impacted by Safeco, his WHIP this year is excellent as is his K/9. This is a rental and adding more options to the collection of pitchers, hoping one will stick. Jimenz was not Halliday or Lee but the Rox were looking for a load of high quality prospects. An issue for NYY or the RS were they only have a few key high level prospects. I have no issue with the RS not trading away Middlebrooks or Lavarnway to get a pitcher to improve their 2011 odds. Neither guy may pan out but Middlebrooks has the potential to be a top notch MLB 3B and Lavarnway an offensive C. Those are pillars you can build a team on for 6-10 years given the positional value offense at those positions have.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

Great insight. Bedard is just a two month rental that cost us Fedorowicz. He has to do better than Jeff Suppan or Eric Gagne did and that won't be hard. We will be forced to sit back for two months now and find out the answer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard still the right choice : The Cubs never really wanted to move Garza. Bedard is a bit of a gamble in that he has some side setbacks as he has come back from labrum surgery, but we are talking about the last thing being the same issue as Lester just I had I believe. What is encouraging is that Bedard seems to been very effective when he does pitch since the surgery, which doesn't happen very often. Forget ERA which might be impacted by Safeco, his WHIP this year is excellent as is his K/9. This is a rental and adding more options to the collection of pitchers, hoping one will stick. Jimenz was not Halliday or Lee but the Rox were looking for a load of high quality prospects. An issue for NYY or the RS were they only have a few key high level prospects. I have no issue with the RS not trading away Middlebrooks or Lavarnway to get a pitcher to improve their 2011 odds. Neither guy may pan out but Middlebrooks has the potential to be a top notch MLB 3B and Lavarnway an offensive C. Those are pillars you can build a team on for 6-10 years given the positional value offense at those positions have.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

As usual, superb