Bedard will miss next start-sore knee/Beckett-sprained ankle-who will save the day? Aceves/Wakefield/Weiland?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Bedard will miss next start-sore knee/Beckett-sprained ankle-who will save the day? Aceves/Wakefield/Weiland?

Yes,let's recap shall we.
    Rich Harden last 5 starts 19.1 innings-17 earned runs
    Eric Bedard last 5 starts 27 innings -10 earned runs

So,what's your point?

He's striking out guys between HRs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Re: Bedard will miss next start-sore knee/Beckett-sprained ankle-who will save the day? Aceves/Wakefield/Weiland?

LACKEY!! No wait...I must sober up first

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

I think it might be time to stretch Aceves out and get him ready to go back into the rotation. If the worst case scenario happens, and Beckett is out for a while, I trust Aceves more then anyone else to get the tough outs and beat good teams. Weiland can slip into the long-man role, and be ready to pitch multiple innings after Aceves has to come out (due to not yet being ready for a starter's pitchcount).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Timmy launchpad to the rescue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There has been much debate about the lineup , the bullpen, the bench, etc.  But , when all is said and done , nothing trumps starting pitching.  It is the single most important factor in a championship ballclub.  Right now , we are in trouble in that most vital area.  There is not a whole lot that can be done about it at this point. Just hope for the best.  I have felt all along that Aceves should have been in the rotation.  The argument that he is too valuable in the bullpen is diminished when you watch the starters falter far too often. He has not gotten enough starts to say that he is not effective in that role.  It may be too late to get him stretched out , at this late date.  Also , I do not think Weiland was given enough of an opportunity.  Right now , we just have to hope that Beckett , Bedard and maybe Buchholz get back soon.  To play important games with pitchers sporting ERAs of 5.00 and 6.00 is not an encouraging thing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Wastefield eats innings and keeps team in game. Injuries to starters can be absorbed because of a world class #6 starter.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Softy probably wishes we kept Millwood and his 1.7 HR/9 rate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Bedard will miss next start-sore knee/Beckett-sprained ankle-who will save the day? Aceves/Wakefield/Weiland?:
    [QUOTE]Wastefield eats innings and keeps team in game. Injuries to starters can be absorbed because of a world class #6 starter.
    Posted by S0ftl@w[/QUOTE]

That's very true. I'm surprised you came to the conclusion. ;)

You do know, of course, that after all your posts about Wakefield, you could, eventually, be eating your words.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He's already had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    We get only the verbal regurgitation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Bedard will miss next start-sore knee/Beckett-sprained ankle-who will save the day? Aceves/Wakefield/Weiland?:
    [QUOTE]He's already had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We get only the verbal regurgitation.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

There's always just deserts. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's pretty good.
    And I admit to having a sweet tooth.
    I'm suseptible to chocolates...and natural blondes  Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]That's pretty good. And I admit to havinga sweet tooth. I'm suseptible to chocolates...and natural blondes 
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

I'm suseptible to chocolates...and natural blondes 

You are also "suseptiable" to drinking, womanizing, lying and being a ward of the State.

Wastefield and his 5 plus ERA for over 2 years has Harnut eating more government cheese. DiceK wasn't on 2007 DL, and Agon isnt selling tickets in San Diego.