Bedard will start Thursday against Indians

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Bedard will start Thursday against Indians

from NESN.com:

Contrary to prior speculation, Erik Bedard will start Thursday against Cleveland, according to our own Tom Caron.

That would push Jon Lester to Friday against the Yankees and allow the club to skip Andrew Miller. John Lackey and Josh Beckett would go in the other two games against New York.

Terry Francona will confirm all this for us in about 35 minutes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Re: Bedard will start Thursday against Indians

that's dissappointing.  I would love to see our new ace shut down the yankees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

That's bad News for the Indians !! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

In Response to Bedard will start Thursday against Indians:
    [QUOTE]from NESN.com:    Contrary to prior speculation, Erik Bedard will start Thursday against Cleveland, according to our own Tom Caron . That would push Jon Lester to Friday against the Yankees and allow the club to skip Andrew Miller. John Lackey and Josh Beckett would go in the other two games against New York. Terry Francona will confirm all this for us in about 35 minutes.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

I think you forgot the *

* If Healthy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: Bedard will start Thursday against Indians:
    [QUOTE]that's dissappointing.  I would love to see our new ace shut down the yankees.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    yes that would be a nice way to ease into the rotation, but he's a veteran and doesn't need to be babied.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Good move. Save the big guns for the yanks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Andrew Miller doesn't need the Yankees at this time. Good on Francona for seeing that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Erik Bedard will make his Red Sox debut Thursday in the series finale against the Indians. Andrew Miller will go to the bullpen for the day, and the Sox will go to a six-man rotation. Jon Lester will get an extra day's rest, taking the mound Friday.

"We don’t have a day off until we leave to go to Seattle," said Sox manager Terry Francona. "So up to that point, we’ll kind of stick with six starters. Andrew will be in the bullpen Thursday. Bedard threw 57 pitches, I think, in an inning and two-thirds. He hadn’t pitched in a month.

"The way we interpreted it from the Seattle guys is if he’d have pitched for them on Wednesday, they were going to hold him to about 75 or 80 (pitches), so we probably need to somewhat stick close to that also. We’ll have Andrew out there, just to keep an eye on our bullpen. If he doesn’t pitch in that game, he’ll take his normal turn Monday in Minnesota. If he does, he’ll pitch Tuesday in Minnesota and Wake will just stay – we can flip-flop those two.”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I'm very excited!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

That's provided he's healthy....this guy could blow out his elbow brushing his teeth tomorrow......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

That's funny...I think:(

I was hoping they'd throw a few side sessions with Bedard or maybe a rehab start instead of throwing him into the fires off that layoff. One poor outing and he'll feel more heat from the fans than he will in a summer swelter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Bedard has a lifetime 6.99 ERA in Fenway. I hope the Monster is ready for a bunch of dents Friday.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Bedard has a lifetime 6.99 ERA in Fenway. I hope the Monster is ready for a bunch of dents Friday.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

In all fairness,that ERA in Fenway comes from pitching to the Red Sox who usually have a pretty good offensive team.There aren't any other teams taken into consideration.It's not like the ERA in Fenway comes from pitching to the Royals or Astros.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-------------. Show The-Babe-------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bedard will start Thursday against Indians : In all fairness,that ERA in Fenway comes from pitching to the Red Sox who usually have a pretty good offensive team.There aren't any other teams taken into consideration.It's not like the ERA in Fenway comes from pitching to the Royals or Astros.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

And two years ago the members of the red flops nation were saying the same thing about lackey.

How's that working out?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BizzaroLaw. Show BizzaroLaw's posts

duh