Been away

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Been away

I have been away from here for awhile. I have also watched 2 games. 

However it is still good to see fans are as subjective as ever on this forum. Too many of you get your panties all tied up over the Sox. You over value one year and under value the next. You come off as knowing what you are talking about and even sling mud at others doing the same thing.

take note of my tag line it makes life and sports so much more enjoyable.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Been away

How was jail this time?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

However it is still good to see fans are as subjective as ever on this forum. Too many of you get your panties all tied up over the Sox. You over value one year and under value the next. You come off as knowing what you are talking about and even sling mud at others doing the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

So you haven't been around all year and you watched two games but you just checked in to tell everyone what to think.

Thanks Boo!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    This is a tough crowd, Jim.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    This is a tough crowd, Jim.

[/QUOTE]
    Especially since they really have a hard time with comprehension and sarcasm dale house ; )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Instead of deciding to bash the forum, why not share with us your experience at the two games? 

If you have a problem with the forum, you can either write a letter to Oprah or just ignore forum members that you do not like. 

Take care and good night.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"However it is still good to see fans are as subjective as ever on this forum"

The very definition of a fan is subjectivity. You do understand that right? It's short for fanatic, you get that right? 

Anyhow the "I'm a better fan than you" posts never get old, so thanks. 

Look at it this way: you enjoy the ride, the rest of us are stuck with this forum. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

BTS a fan should not be subjective they should be objective. When you are subjective you do not use facts you speak about your beliefs which if not based in fact are pure BS.

I have never in my 6 years on this forum ever stated I was a better fan than any one. He11 Bill maybe a better fan than me. However I will say since I was 7 in Lowell I have watched the RS. This year has been a bit different for me so far.

As for those whining about me bashing the forum and that I have not watched any games. I do not have to watch any games to know that some of the fans here are always ready to tell every one how bad this or that player is and say things like Nava can not hit. BTW Nava has hit 300 in the MLB and at all stops along the way. So he can hit. People are saying things about him that are not true except that he is not a great fielder.

Again sarcasm is not something many here get when they read it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Instead of deciding to bash the forum, why not share with us your experience at the two games? 

If you have a problem with the forum, you can either write a letter to Oprah or just ignore forum members that you do not like. 

Take care and good night.    

[/QUOTE]

WOW! Ice Cream turned into ICE-T.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Btw......

It doesn't take a rocket-surgeon to understand that being an emotional fanatic is not mutually exclusive of understanding that a long season has its ups & downs.  The true whiners are the he usual suspects who feel the need to stamp out all over-reactions to the daily grind.  Fans get ticked off & spout!  Deal with it nancies.  Seriously!  Too many Pikes / Don Quixotes on this site tilting at windmills.  Get off the high horse & put on some glasses.

Why is it that so many of you assume that griping means that you're not enjoying the ride?  It's called venting.  Try it! Some of you might actually learn that it helps to blow off steam.?  You might not even feel such a strong compulsion to try to control how others think and feel?  Or how they choose to react?

Lighten up Francis. ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

BTS a fan should not be subjective they should be objective. When you are subjective you do not use facts you speak about your beliefs which if not based in fact are pure BS.

I have never in my 6 years on this forum ever stated I was a better fan than any one. He11 Bill maybe a better fan than me. However I will say since I was 7 in Lowell I have watched the RS. This year has been a bit different for me so far.

As for those whining about me bashing the forum and that I have not watched any games. I do not have to watch any games to know that some of the fans here are always ready to tell every one how bad this or that player is and say things like Nava can not hit. BTW Nava has hit 300 in the MLB and at all stops along the way. So he can hit. People are saying things about him that are not true except that he is not a great fielder.

Again sarcasm is not something many here get when they read it.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Apparently it isn't something you get when writing. You're really saying that initial post was sarcastic? I fail to see how, maybe our senses of humor are different....I tend to think of sarcasm as an insult wrapped in an attempt at humor with a little misdirection mixed in...I read your initial post and see only an insult, and fail to see how any of it was sarcastic.

Oh, right, there was this one line; "However it is still good to see fans are as subjective as ever on this forum.". I concede, this ONE LINE was sarcastic.

Were you being sarcastic when telling people you'd been gone a while? Watched 2 games? Insulted a board of posters? Then told people how to frame their mind/expectations? Yeah, when you want to speak down to people, at least have it in you to own what you so plainly wrote, otherwise you come off as a spineless, disingenuous fraud. But, this is the internet, and that seems to be the way of the world these days: sling mud (as you so hilariously insulted others for before, and after, doing it yourself) and then backtrack, ignore, or tell EVERYONE how they ALL misinterpreted you. When YOU are the only one who gets what you were trying to say...it's not everyone else, it really is just you.

Why do I hear loud beeping, as if coming from a truck in reverse?...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you haven't been around all year and you watched two games but you just checked in to tell everyone what to think.

Thanks Boo!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's what he always does. In 2011 he told us all to relax, to stop whining and "enjoy the ride", and that the team would not collapse. Translation: his opinions are wrong just as often as the people he's criticizing, he just finds a negative poster, and takes the opposite position so that he appears more mature and in control. He actually doesn't know what's going to happen any more than the rest of us, and 2011 proves that sometimes the sky really is falling in spite of what Jim says.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Ah, there's nothing quite like the daily death struggle between the optimists and the pessimists here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Ah, there's nothing quite like the daily death struggle between the optimists and the pessimists here.

Why would any SOX fan want to be an optimist? Especially, this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually I am an optimist. That doesn't mean I like sanctimonious blowhards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Dont rile him, 37 , he's been " away ", maybe twice already.  Nothing to lose.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Well I generally agree with Jims message I must admit this has been a pretty funny and entertaining thread to read. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Good point Bilge. The profile pic does look a little like Ren from NWA now that you mention it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He Will bring the tude.  Watch out, he'll mangle ya

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Boo!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

It's what he always does. In 2011 he told us all to relax, to stop whining and "enjoy the ride", and that the team would not collapse. Translation: his opinions are wrong just as often as the people he's criticizing, he just finds a negative poster, and takes the opposite position so that he appears more mature and in control. He actually doesn't know what's going to happen any more than the rest of us, and 2011 proves that sometimes the sky really is falling in spite of what Jim says.

[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER made a prediction about how any season will end up. 

I like to discuss facts and when any poster does not use facts like saying Nava can not hit because of the first 21 games is not using facts.

The one thing you got right was I do not know what will happen and I will and never have professed to that theory.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He Will bring the tude.  Watch out, he'll mangle ya

[/QUOTE]

bilge in 6+ I have seen many one line pundits come on this forum and leave just like you will

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I generally agree with Jims message I must admit this has been a pretty funny and entertaining thread to read. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks ctRedsox...I knew it would get the dander flying.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JimfromFlorida probably bytches at the waitresses for not smiling after he tips them .40 cents for his early-bird dinner....

[/QUOTE]

I am a 20% tipper

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

U had me at pundit

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks ctRedsox...I knew it would get the dander flying.

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Obviously you don't get sarcasm.

Sections
Shortcuts