Ben, Admit you messed up and get rid of...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Ben, Admit you messed up and get rid of...

Drew II - dumb mistake signing this guy for 10 million when he had good young CHEAP prospects already in the fold....

Mortenson - Scutaro trade was idiotic to begin with...a mlb shortstop for a one inning midde reliever? or shall we wait for Mort to win the Pennant MVP before we "judge" him?

Bard - Ben, you ruined him, now let him go or trade him so that he can try to move forwards because its not happening in Boston

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Ben, Admit you messed up and get rid of...

In response to georom4's comment:

Mortenson - Scutaro trade was idiotic to begin with...a mlb shortstop for a one inning midde reliever? or shall we wait for Mort to win the Pennant MVP before we "judge" him?

Mortenson: 42.0 innings in 26 games. sure sounds like a 1 inning guy to me. of course, i can't do simple math..

Mortenson + Cody Ross > Marco Scutaro who didn't have a position to play anyway.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Scutaro was not a MLB SS in 2012. He barely was in 2011. He was a 2Bman.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Drew is going to hit and make people stop talking about Iggy.  Remember, he basically missed all of ST.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

2 rbis? wow....maybe i should post everytime he's up

does that bring his avg up to .150 yet?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Scutaro wasn't a trade, it was a salary dump.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Drew II - dumb mistake signing this guy for 10 million when he had good young CHEAP prospects already in the fold....

Bard - Ben, you ruined him, now let him go or trade him so that he can try to move forwards because its not happening in Boston

This post is a bit out of no where...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

actually, yes. .159, up .100pts from last week...but hey 44AB's with no ST is plenty to judge right? nevermind his 3500 PA's. You have no credibility because you dont like Drew due to his last name.

I find all this ironic coming from a guy who never admits when hes wrong, yet wants others to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This post is a bit out of no where...

Yes it does seem like an odd time to be blasting the GM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

No doubt, SO FAR, Drew looks like a mistake.  In fact, I hated this signing, as I thought the contract was grossly over-inflated!!!!

However....   Given the fact that he was signed, & is our Starting SS, I'm willing to cut the guy some slack.  I PRAY he gets it rolling, as he has done little other than kill rallies so far.  The frustration is understandable.  However, he certainly has good career hitting #'s, and assuming the injury is fully healed, he should start hitting.  Certainly a GOOD player historically, so to BASH Ben C. is a bit myopic in thinking.  With the worries about Iggy being able to hit ML pitching, we certainly needed to acquire a decent SS.  $10 million / yr is crazy money to throw at the SS position, unless it's a top second tier player, but it is what it is.....  THE MARKET IS WAY OVER-INFLATED!  Deal with it.

Bashing Ben C. seems to be the point here, which is IRONIC given the fact that his other signings are paying HUGE DIVIDENDS!  Pretty selective outrage here Geo?  If you're going to kill him for this signing early in the season, you should be signing his praises for the other signings who are killing it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

I remember reading in Ripley's Believe It Or Not as a child about a man who saved another from being hung on a rope.  The man who was saved then sued the man who saved him for damaging the rope.

Kind of reminds me of Geo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

No doubt, SO FAR, Drew looks like a mistake.  In fact, I hated this signing, as I thought the contract was grossly over-inflated!!!!

However....   Given the fact that he was signed, & is our Starting SS, I'm willing to cut the guy some slack.  I PRAY he gets it rolling, as he has done little other than kill rallies so far.  The frustration is understandable.  However, he certainly has good career hitting #'s, and assuming the injury is fully healed, he should start hitting.  Certainly a GOOD player historically, so to BASH Ben C. is a bit myopic in thinking.  With the worries about Iggy being able to hit ML pitching, we certainly needed to acquire a decent SS.  $10 million / yr is crazy money to throw at the SS position, unless it's a top second tier player, but it is what it is.....  THE MARKET IS WAY OVER-INFLATED!  Deal with it.

Bashing Ben C. seems to be the point here, which is IRONIC given the fact that his other signings are paying HUGE DIVIDENDS!  Pretty selective outrage here Geo?  If you're going to kill him for this signing early in the season, you should be signing his praises for the other signings who are killing it!

yea i see your point but it really wasnt a knock on ben believe it or not/ i just want us to get rid of these dead weights and put jackie, and iggy back in the bigs.....napoli looks like the bargain basement deal of alltime, shane is hurt but looks good, dempster doesnt surprise me because he's what i expected ...but lets be honest the success of this team has nothign to do with ben and all to do with the starting pitching which he inherited (cept for dempster)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

There's a post every day. Why not every PA?

-Daf.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

yea i see your point but it really wasnt a knock on ben believe it or not/ i just want us to get rid of these dead weights and put jackie, and iggy back in the bigs.....napoli looks like the bargain basement deal of alltime, shane is hurt but looks good, dempster doesnt surprise me because he's what i expected ...but lets be honest the success of this team has nothign to do with ben and all to do with the starting pitching which he inherited (cept for dempster)

I'm with you on Iggy, as I wanted him to stay at SS given his red hot bat.  Drew, who has 'complained' that he didn't really have a ST should have had an extended rehab in Pawtuckett.  I would have been inclined to keep Iggy at short until he cooled off. 

JBJ?  I was very high on this kid and absolutely wanted him to be brought up to start the season.  As it turned out, it seems clear he has things to work on, mainly hitting the off speed stuff.  Primarily the breaking inside stuff.  For a guy who started out with such great plate discipline, he seemed lost in picking up the inside curve or slider.  He needs more work!  Besides, NAVA definitely has it covered.  I love this kid!!!!   When Vic comes back, there should be NO dead-weight in the OF!  Even Gomes has been playing a nice LF.  As for Gomes' bat, I'm not at all sold!!!!!!  The guy NEVER gets his arms extended!!!  He's trying to SWAT everything with 2/3 extended arms, trying to pull everything?  Not sure his bat does us much good?

As for the other Ben C. singnings / trades......    Naps, Vic, Dempster, Webster, D. Ross, Bailey, Oooeeehara, Tazawa, etc.  etc..  etc....   Ben C. is looking pretty good right now!!!!

I definitely get the frustration on Drew though!  Still not near being a FAN, but I'm rooting for him to get back to career avgs!  I'm still a bit bias against the Drew bros., I admit! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sticking with Lackey, WHO I HATED, is perhaps a huge plus for Ben C.  Good gamble, as we would have had to eat 3/4 of his contract to dump him.

GOOD ON LACKEY!!!  Huge comeback game for him!  GREAT START!  Economical!  Gets the win with 6 IP, 1ER, 4K's, 81 pitches!

atta boy Lack!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Wow, it's not even May 1st yet and gerome has Drew as a bad signing, while at the same time, advocating for Scutaro, who no longer plays SS due to arm issues.

Was it the GM that moved Bard to the rotation or the manager...the GM gave him that shot in spring training but it was the manager that decided to keep him as a starter to start last season.

While we're at Gerome, why not criticizr Ben for retaining Ortiz, signing Napoli, Gomes, Victorino, Euhara and Dempster and giving Nava a chance to surprise everyone and display major league level talent?

OK, so the team has the best record in baseball, surprising everyone even though the season is still young, and this dude finds the potential negatives and focuses on that.

Gerome, how about just trying to enjoy the product on the field while it is doing well...also, I hope Drew shuts you up as he warms up with the weather.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

The nature of the Scutaro deal as a salary dump to allow the team to sign Ross (btw, wasn't Geo whining this winter about Ross not being retained?) has already been explained.

As to Mortensen's performance, he pitched quite well for us last season (3.21 ERA, 1.21 WHIP) and has again so far this year, though his ERA is currently inflated by one bad outing against Oakland. His WHIP is barely over 1.00.

The implication that Mortensen is only on the roster because Cherington refuses to "admit he messed up," whatever that means, is typical of the juvenile quality of most Georom posts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Ben you better admit your mistake in creating a team that is currently playing like a juggernaut!! How dare we have the best record in the mlb

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Ben you better admit your mistake in creating a team that is currently playing like a juggernaut!! How dare we have the best record in the mlb

did you really just refer to the sox as a juggernaut after beating AA Houston? lol 

i think you guys are in for a rude surprise

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

did you really just refer to the sox as a juggernaut after beating AA Houston? lol 

i think you guys are in for a rude surprise

Oh yeah I forgot Houston is the only team the sox have played this year..... You really are not a sox fan are you?

Sections
Shortcuts