Ben, Admit you messed up and get rid of...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Ben, Admit you messed up and get rid of...

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

*  Somebody convinced him (& I say it was Beckett) to notch down his mph from 95 - 99 down to 91 - 93.  This has been a HUGE factor in him losing his way, & completely messing up his mechanics.  He's still throwing about 93 tops these days.  It ain't getting better soon

Is everything really Beckett's fault? When is this going to end? 5-10 years from now?

LOL!

Actually, I recall Bard talking about a conversation with Beckett, visa vi needing to ramp it down to save the arm if he wanted to be a starter.  His feeling was that there was no way he could be a starter and consistantly throw 97 - 99!

Sure!  I love blaming Beckett for everything, but this actually has legs....

After having conversations with people who cover the Sox snd reading Francona's book, I'm absolutely convinced that getting rid of Beckett was the very definition of "addition by subtraction."  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

*  Somebody convinced him (& I say it was Beckett) to notch down his mph from 95 - 99 down to 91 - 93.  This has been a HUGE factor in him losing his way, & completely messing up his mechanics.  He's still throwing about 93 tops these days.  It ain't getting better soon

Is everything really Beckett's fault? When is this going to end? 5-10 years from now?

LOL!

Actually, I recall Bard talking about a conversation with Beckett, visa vi needing to ramp it down to save the arm if he wanted to be a starter.  His feeling was that there was no way he could be a starter and consistantly throw 97 - 99!

After having conversations with people who cover the Sox snd reading Francona's book, I'm absolutely convinced that getting rid of Beckett was the very definition of "addition by subtraction."  

Yeah, Terry hated what Josh did for us in the 2007 playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Come on Geo they're 18-7 why are you complaining about a trade from a yr ago, enjoy it they're playing well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

LOL!

Tito doesn't bash Beckett at all.  Read the book and draw your own conclusions.  I appreciate what he did for the Sox over the years, but it was clearly the right decision to get rid of him, which they were going to do regardless before the start of this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

LOL!

Give me about 5 - 10 years, n I'll be over it.  Then I'll love him again for what he did for us.  :)

Never hold a grudge for over 10 yrs

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

this thread sort of makes geo appear to be someone who expects every single move to work out. I for one supported the Victorino signing and he at present has a bad back - not good. I won't back away from the fact I supported his signing. I didn't ask for Drew or Dempster, and I argued against Napoli (practically the only one on this board to do so). Napoli is playing very good ball, so I may be dead wrong on that one.

I liked the Victorino signing, although the contract caused me to raise an eyebrow.

Instead of Drew, I would have rathered an Aviles/Scutaro-type signing for SS to perphaps make it easier to bring up Iggy when he's ready, but after what Iggy did last September, I felt that the Sox needed to bring someone in at SS. I still think Drew will hit and be better overall than Iggy.

Dempster made me nervous. Because of his age, I wondered if he had anything less.

I wanted LaRoche over Napoli and so far, thank the lord that I was wrong on that one. It was based on LaRoche being better defensively. Nothing against Napoli, however. His average last year was a concern as was his defense at 1B, but I was cautiously optimistic that he'd hit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i liked the relief signings, i liked victorino, was indifferent about dempster, didnt understand gomes, hated drew, and thought the napoli thing was resolved quite favorably, i finally came around to farrell and thought it would end up being a very good choice...i wanted papi resigned

this is why i thought we could hit .500 and improve our win total by 13 games....but that doesnt mean we should keep iggy, bradley, and hanrahan off the team for drew/morteson

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Come on Geo they're 18-7 why are you complaining about a trade from a yr ago, enjoy it they're playing well. 

Apparently you've never met Geo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

i liked the relief signings, i liked victorino, was indifferent about dempster, didnt understand gomes, hated drew, and thought the napoli thing was resolved quite favorably, i finally came around to farrell and thought it would end up being a very good choice...i wanted papi resigned

this is why i thought we could hit .500 and improve our win total by 13 games....but that doesnt mean we should keep iggy, bradley, and hanrahan off the team for drew/morteson

Lol, Hanrahan is being kept off the team for Mortensen?? How exactly did you reach that conclusion?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hetch,  

You were right on about Bard pushing hard for the SR!  One other MAJOR factor in his downfall......

Sox, 

I thought Bard was throwing upwards of 95 in Spring Training but again it's easy to dump on Beckett but in reality Bard is his own person. It was most likely Bard who sought advice and Beckett being a veteran pitcher gave him advice just as any veteran would give to a younger player. It is up to the individual player to seek and take that advice. If the stories are true Bard took the advice and put it to use and it backfired. Sorry but not Beckett's fault. At least that's my point of view. 

Hetch 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hi Geo, 

Please explain why Iggy should be on the team as well as JBJ. Iggy is now hitting a paltry .228 with a .267OBP. As I mentioned before he's hitting for a little more power with two HRS and 9RBIs but if he can't hit more than .228 against minor leaguers that tells me his 9/20 was a fluke. He's not as bad as he showed at the end of last season when he couldn't hit the proverbial barn side, but he's not as good as he looked to start the year, but before he's ready for Fenway he needs to prove himself "consistently" at the AAA level which he has yet to do. 

As for JBJ, ST was an aberration but I'm sure he's better than what he looked like to start the year but again he needs to prove himself with consistent hitting at Pawtucket before brought to  the Sox. 

Cheers, Hetch

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

so the Red Sox have the best record in baseball and this thread is about how bad the GM is?

Got it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

hetch, did papi need at bats in the minors? was it good for bard? how about all those times we sent reddick/nava up and down like a yoyo? iggy and jb need to be on the big league roster and play here - even if its not every game - i totally disagree with the idea that players at this talent level need to get their everyday swings in the minors and that translates into mlb readiness...it doesnt...you know what translates into mlb readiness? mlb playing time.....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

hetch, did papi need at bats in the minors? was it good for bard? how about all those times we sent reddick/nava up and down like a yoyo? iggy and jb need to be on the big league roster and play here - even if its not every game - i totally disagree with the idea that players at this talent level need to get their everyday swings in the minors and that translates into mlb readiness...it doesnt...you know what translates into mlb readiness? mlb playing time.....

Papi was sent down on rehab assignment just as are many vets recovering from injury, and yes many of the other players mentioned did need to be sent down because they weren't hitting which means they were not contributing to the teams production which means losing games. Bard was sent down because he was a bloody mess.  As for JBJ and Iggy they have yet to prove themselves ready for MLB, that's why they are stiill in AAA Pawtucket.  

Hetch

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hetch WesternOregon

I dont think so, B but trantor = pike

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hetch WesternOregon

I was in Portland years ago, traveled the countryside and then took the coastal highway to CA. Western Oregon is one of my favorite parts of the US. I did my grad work at Idaho State in Pocatello and stayed in Big Sky country for five years. Weekends in Jellystone, cross country skiing in West Jellystone !! Somehow I never ran into Yogi and Boo Boo but was woken up in the back country by sounds of Bear which is kind of scary. 

Hetch 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Actually I didn't mean directly... but they act the same. Abrasive and bragg about having posters X Y Z on ignore - like we care

Burrito, 

What I don't understand is why folks continue to get upset at poster like FrankGl and others who obviously just to post to get thier jollies by getting others upset when just using the Ignore option is right there. These folks, trolls or not could care less about rebuttels or arguing in any common sense way. The more folks answer the more Frank and others like him will post so why even bother answering. I use to try and answer these folks, then get upset but I'm not lowering myself to thier level any longer. It is a total waste of time. 

Cheers, 

Hetch

Sections
Shortcuts