1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Ben and Company totally wrong on Scutaro

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

HEY!

Don't go stealing my thinder!

I've been ripping the Sox since they dumped Scut!

This team and ownership has NO RIGHT to whine about luxury anything or to make salary dumps. They dropped one of the best character guys they had from a team that was DESPERATE for MORE character.

All it took was the guy to tear it up in the playoffs for people to come around. Without the postseason he had, it was a dumb move. A stat I heard: he swung and missed something like 25 times all year. Not swung and missed for strike three...swung and missed at any point in 500+ ABs. What's that? 2000+ pitches? 800-1000 swings?

I've said it for a year, and I'll say it again: Scutaro is not a cornerpiece, but is EXACTLY the kind of player a roster should be filled out with. The Sox and their mechanical computer simulations didn't (don't?) understand this. Humans play baseball and need to be taken into account. When they start building baseball playing androids, I'm sure the Sox will be well ahead of their competition.

[/QUOTE]
    this is why metrics is <flush>  this guy was a great team player and doesnt make dumb mistakes at crucial times...the consumate pro...i cant believe how many knowledgeable people on this board have dismissed marco as a minor player....he's not, he's an MVP with the World Championship team....once again Ben chit the bed evaluatuing talent

[/QUOTE]

If you knew all of this three weeks ago, why wait until now to tell us all of the wonders that is Marco Scutaro?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I've been saying it since spring training when they traded him to save 4mil. I've been beating that drum periodically throughout the season. I complained that Aviles was a career utility man (though I like him in that role).

I pointed out, MANY times, that through the September 2011 collapse he played hard, and hurt, right to the end and showed the kind of grit Pedroia constantly gets credit for. He never complained about anything, and went above and beyond what was asked of him. I've been saying it for longer than 3 weeks, or 3 months. I didn't just arrive to this party, I hung the decorations.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've been saying it since spring training when they traded him to save 4mil. I've been beating that drum periodically throughout the season. I complained that Aviles was a career utility man (though I like him in that role).

I pointed out, MANY times, that through the September 2011 collapse he played hard, and hurt, right to the end and showed the kind of grit Pedroia constantly gets credit for. He never complained about anything, and went above and beyond what was asked of him. I've been saying it for longer than 3 weeks, or 3 months. I didn't just arrive to this party, I hung the decorations.

[/QUOTE]

Congrats.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scutaro wouldn't have made any difference for the Red Sox this year.  You are only posting this because the Giants won the WS.  If Scutaro had the same year this year playing for the Astros no one would care.

I like Scutaro, but he isn't the issue.

[/QUOTE]

i mentioned marco about 20 times in 20 different threads before his exploits in the post season..he was my fav player in 2011 and i loved his style of play....you cant be serious with that statment

[/QUOTE]

Well Yeah.  You put up a post on October 29th about Scuraro because his team won the world series and you would not have put up a post about Scutaro on October 29th if he played for the astros because no one would care.

We both know that is true.  Man up.