BEN & LARRY YOU OUT THERE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: BEN & LARRY YOU OUT THERE?

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

Doubront had a solid rookie year, he has good stuff and he finished strong. Not sure what your issue is with him as a 5.  I'm not a Lackey "fan," but there was a lot of talk at the Winter Meetings about Lackey being healthy for the first time in years and he is a prime candidate for a big comeback year.  I think the Sox will be happy going to camp with Lackey as a 4.  They need an innings eater in the middle of that rotation and they will take their chances after that...They are far from done making moves this offseason.

Last season Felix Doubront had an ERA of 3.75 in his first 11 starts and an ERA of 5.56 in his final 18 starts, including an ERA of 5.13 in six September starts.

Doubront exceeded expectation in his rookie season.

Ok, Hill.  Let's play "manipulate the stat."  In Doubront's last "4" starts, he didn't pitch less than 6 innings and didn't allow more than 3 earned runs in any of them, which are all considered "quality" starts, so I say he finished strong.  

Compared to Bard the kid held his own in his rookie season.  Doub had a lot of peaks and valleys but he still deserves more time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

Doubront had a solid rookie year, he has good stuff and he finished strong. Not sure what your issue is with him as a 5.  I'm not a Lackey "fan," but there was a lot of talk at the Winter Meetings about Lackey being healthy for the first time in years and he is a prime candidate for a big comeback year.  I think the Sox will be happy going to camp with Lackey as a 4.  They need an innings eater in the middle of that rotation and they will take their chances after that...They are far from done making moves this offseason.

Last season Felix Doubront had an ERA of 3.75 in his first 11 starts and an ERA of 5.56 in his final 18 starts, including an ERA of 5.13 in six September starts.

Doubront exceeded expectation in his rookie season.

Ok, Hill.  Let's play "manipulate the stat."  In Doubront's last "4" starts, he didn't pitch less than 6 innings and didn't allow more than 3 earned runs in any of them, which are all considered "quality" starts, so I say he finished strong.  

Compared to Bard the kid held his own in his rookie season.  Doub had a lot of peaks and valleys but he still deserves more time.

he was the best pitcher on our staff for most of the year (until buch stepped it up a bit)

he definitely deserves a long look in the rotation next season to see if he is determined to be the best he can be (remember work ethic was a problem for him in the past)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -Guru-Meditation-. Show -Guru-Meditation-'s posts

Sections
Shortcuts