Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........

Opportunity to get some more VALUE, then move on from this/another headcase/ache  !!!!!!  Do it Ben, do it NOW   !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........

Don't forget our esteemed middle reliever this spring got ANGRY when Bard was chosen to start over him. Now he is angry because a far better closer has taken his job. He needs to go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Great time to take back the clubhouse.......  Move this guy NOW... I bet 3 or 4 of the teams in contention would jump at ACEVES .  The $-ox would be in the drivers seat..... BTW, The Yank$ got rid of him because of what was on his shoulders !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I'm in no way happy about insubordination and I'm not one to make excuses when someone is pulling a move like Aceves, slamming the managers door and ripping off his jersey like a spoiled brat.

However, if you are the closer, Aceves, and have been since day 1, and you are stepped over so Andrew Bailey  gets a closing shot a night removed from a very bad performance, you might want to know why.

I have been a V backer--however he sometimes is not the best communicator:
    Is it conceiveable that Bobby never said to Alfredo I am going to have Bailey close tonight. Anyone with even poor eyesight could see Aceves is wiped out and has thrown a lot of pitches in the last few weeks. Perhaps he's thinking "performance bonuses" and sees Andrew taking away some of his opportunities to reach the bonus money which,to Alfredo, is important to him and his family, along with being "disrespected" regardless of how the last few outings have gone.

This just might be a needed wake up call for Bobby--good communication can often save a lot of discontent--which Bobby should know by now.

Aceves is too valuable a player to see him waived unless he threatened Bobby and said he wants out ASAP. Short of threatening I would not give in--he stays and he pitches. I would move him to the rotation and give him a shot at starting, to do due diligence in planning for next season. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........:
    [QUOTE]  Great time to take back the clubhouse.......  Move this guy NOW... I bet 3 or 4 of the teams in contention would jump at ACEVES .  The $-ox would be in the drivers seat..... BTW, The Yank$ got rid of him because of what was on his shoulders !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]
    I hope you are not suggesting that the fragile Bailey take over as closer. I thought you were better than that Bill. The guy can't stay healthy to save his life & really has not looked that sharp. Did Oakland ever rob the Sox on that trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcdohio. Show jcdohio's posts

Great post and my feelings exactly. I believe Ace most likely had a right to be upset. That said, he should have kept his cool, etc.  But let's see how he handles this before deciding to give up on him.

In Response to Re: Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........:
    [QUOTE]I'm in no way happy about insubordination and I'm not one to make excuses when someone is pulling a move like Aceves, slamming the managers door and ripping off his jersey like a spoiled brat. However, if you are the closer, Aceves, and have been since day 1, and you are stepped over so Andrew Bailey  gets a closing shot a night removed from a very bad performance, you might want to know why.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bill you have firmly convinced you would rather have 40 win team over a winner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the manager doesnt have to explain anything to anyone...just play the players he thinks will help the team win.....valentine did tell him and he flipped out....too bad because i really like Aceves...but this is bs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcdohio. Show jcdohio's posts

This was a headline on mlb (Austin Laymance) on Friday, before Aceves was passed over to close in the 9th: 

Aceves still closer as Sox monitor Bailey

Wonder what changed in a few hours, and wonder whether Aceves had a heads up ahead of time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcdohio. Show jcdohio's posts

No, he doesn't HAVE to, but good managing includes personnel management and not just in game management. Mgmt 101. And when exactly did BV tell him? Right before the 9th? Not optimal timing.  Not condoning Aceves' subsequent actions, just saying he could have a valid right to be miffed.
    [QUOTE]the manager doesnt have to explain anything to anyone...just play the players he thinks will help the team win.....valentine did tell him and he flipped out....too bad because i really like Aceves...but this is bs
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Now this is how a clubhouse should be run. Management is finally taking back control of the team. God bless us everyone. I'd rather lose with 25 likeable players then lose with 25 overpaid selfish dirtbags.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]No, he doesn't HAVE to, but good managing includes personnel management and not just in game management. Mgmt 101. And when exactly did BV tell him? Right before the 9th? Not optimal timing.  Not condoning Aceves' subsequent actions, just saying he could have a valid right to be miffed. In Response to Re: Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........ :
    Posted by jcdohio[/QUOTE]
    YEP, Management ( good or otherwise) must always include personnel and assets.... If it just includes personnel then it is "supervision" if it just includes assett watching/control then it is more "monitoring".  This is a part of the problem with America today.... we have very few good managers... and even fewer good Leaders....
    to be a good manager... "V" needs to take into acct everything.... "WE" do not know that he neglected any of those things.... and just because some spoiled brat athlete throws a temper tantrum is not a reason top condemn "V".... He makes his share of mistakes.... but communication is a two-way street... and IF ACEVES did not understand earlier- it is as much his place to clear it up as it is "V's"..... 

ALL that being said.... one thing to clear up about the title....  It is typical for the INFERIOR teams to put every single player on their roster on Waivers on 8/1.  These are NOT irrevocable waivers which means the person is dropped.... they are waivers... so that the team can have their players clear and then can decide what to do with them.  When this was done GONZO and BECKETT were claimed.... and thus the Sox had 3 days to trade them or pull them off waivers.  "IF" they pull them off... ( to protect them from the DOdger in this case)... they cannot trade them to any other team....  IF they make it through the waiver process without a claim then that player is tradeable to anyone.  Again, I would think that the entire RedSox team has been placed on waivers at some point this month.... because as a team they JUST ARE NOT THAT GOOD!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........ : I hope you are not suggesting that the fragile Bailey take over as closer. I thought you were better than that Bill. The guy can't stay healthy to save his life & really has not looked that sharp. Did Oakland ever rob the Sox on that trade.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree with you.  It would be a bad decision to get rid of Aceves.  He may not be the closer of the future, but he was a great reliever last season and it would be a bad idea to get rid of him for next season.  Hopefully, Bard will also be back next season to help the Red Sox out of the bullpen.  Maybe Bard will be given a chance to become the closer of the future. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]I'm in no way happy about insubordination and I'm not one to make excuses when someone is pulling a move like Aceves, slamming the managers door and ripping off his jersey like a spoiled brat. However, if you are the closer, Aceves, and have been since day 1, and you are stepped over so Andrew Bailey  gets a closing shot a night removed from a very bad performance, you might want to know why. I have been a V backer--however he sometimes is not the best communicator: Is it conceiveable that Bobby never said to Alfredo I am going to have Bailey close tonight. Anyone with even poor eyesight could see Aceves is wiped out and has thrown a lot of pitches in the last few weeks. Perhaps he's thinking "performance bonuses" and sees Andrew taking away some of his opportunities to reach the bonus money which,to Alfredo, is important to him and his family, along with being "disrespected" regardless of how the last few outings have gone. This just might be a needed wake up call for Bobby--good communication can often save a lot of discontent--which Bobby should know by now. Aceves is too valuable a player to see him waived unless he threatened Bobby and said he wants out ASAP. Short of threatening I would not give in--he stays and he pitches. I would move him to the rotation and give him a shot at starting, to do due diligence in planning for next season. 
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Your post is right on "MadMc".  Aceves is a competitor.  Aceves performed well as a long reliever and spot starter, a role I believe Aceves was happy with, a role that the Sox needed and still need.  Your also right on that BV needs to communicate better with his players BEFORE making a move such as he did last night and for all we know BV might have done that.  That Aceves got upset for not closing just shows what a competitor he is.  Hope that the Sox keep Aceves and that BV improves his communication skills for 2013. GO SOX!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........ : I hope you are not suggesting that the fragile Bailey take over as closer. I thought you were better than that Bill. The guy can't stay healthy to save his life & really has not looked that sharp. Did Oakland ever rob the Sox on that trade.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]Does not matter..... This year is done and it's on to 2013 !!!   Move him and keep getting younger & deeper !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill you have firmly convinced you would rather have 40 win team over a winner.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]No, not at all.....  I am convinced that Ben is on a "roll" and I wouldn't stop till that club house is "BROOM CLEAN"  !!!!  As I said, Aceves has value, cash it/him in !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben C, Keep up the good work son..... Place ACEVES on waivers........ : No, not at all.....  I am convinced that Ben is on a "roll" and I wouldn't stop till that club house is "BROOM CLEAN"  !!!!  As I said, Aceves has value, cash it/him in !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]Also Ben,  Let's see what Avilies is worth to the teams in contention !!!!   Drive this opportunity all the way back to the Alamo .......