Ben C must go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ben C must go!

I mean what was this guy thinking signing guys like Victorino, Drew, Napoli, Gomes and Uehara? Clearly he's off his meds and needs to be replaced. Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Ben C must go!

Worse still, he willingly parted with All-Stars AGon, CC, and Beckett.  What was he thinking? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

LOL!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FL33178. Show FL33178's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I mean what was this guy thinking signing guys like Victorino, Drew, Napoli, Gomes and Uehara? Clearly he's off his meds and needs to be replaced. Laughing

+1,...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes a bum, and like eggplants said hes "in way over his head"....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Clearly he is an embarrassment.....they will probably give him a GM of the year award because they feel sorry for him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Whatever Ben does from here on out, he should be credited with saving this franchise, after he conned the Dodgers into taking away those three prima-donnas (Beckett, Crawford, and A-Gon), taking on all that salary, and getting a couple of good pitching prospects to boot. It was perhaps the greatest trade in franchise history.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Whatever Ben does from here on out, he should be credited with saving this franchise, after he conned the Dodgers into taking away those three prima-donnas (Beckett, Crawford, and A-Gon), taking on all that salary, and getting a couple of good pitching prospects to boot. It was perhaps the greatest trade in franchise history.

You should ease up on Agon....he was not a prima donna nd would have been a productive player for the Sox....Sox fans owe him a great deal of gratititude....it was because of AGon, we were able to get the Dodgers to take CC and beckett and pick up all the money and give us the prospects....you might say that AGON  saved the franchise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

As well as its worked out it still can't touch the nomar trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Ben has already surpassed the few good moves Theo made.  The big difference being Theo was handed a championship calibar team.  Ben was handed a complete mess and has turned us around very quickly. 

All we need now is to continue building the farm, a couple more minor moves and another championship.  It could change but Ben, Farrell and Nieves have made a world of difference. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hi Carnie, 

It took me a few seconds to figure out your sarcasm as the lightbulb in my head blew out. Ben C should get an Oscar, an Emmy and an MVP award for the job he's done in rebuilding the local team. I'm not sure he's a genius for so far so good. He gets tons of appreciation from myself in Milwaukee where I have to put up with news about the Brewers year to year failures. I've been out of Boston since September of 04, and freinds kid that the Sox were waiting for my wife and I to leave town to break the curse. But seriously I'm still loyal to all of our teams back East and could care less about Green Bay, the Brewers and Bucks.

Hetch missing the Sports Scene in New England 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hi Carnie, 

It took me a few seconds to figure out your sarcasm as the lightbulb in my head blew out. Ben C should get an Oscar, an Emmy and an MVP award for the job he's done in rebuilding the local team. I'm not sure he's a genius for so far so good. He gets tons of appreciation from myself in Milwaukee where I have to put up with news about the Brewers year to year failures. I've been out of Boston since September of 04, and freinds kid that the Sox were waiting for my wife and I to leave town to break the curse. But seriously I'm still loyal to all of our teams back East and could care less about Green Bay, the Brewers and Bucks.

Hetch missing the Sports Scene in New England 

[/QUOTE]

I feel ya.  I have been in Texas, near Dallas, since 2007, and had a stint here in 1996 to 2002.  They only wait for the Rangers to fail around here, and everything else is just waiting for the Cowboys to start up again.

I remember the late 90s teams would power through the season, always to lose to the Yankees in the playoffs.  The media would always claim the team would choke, and, guess what?  The team always did!

I miss being in the Sox market.  Heck!  I'd even settle for the Yankee market that comprised CT when I lived there!  Thank the baseball gods for the internets!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Ya old dawg, where you been?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't forget the trading of locker room cancer Youkilis for a bag of balls.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

carnie left the forum months ago because he was exhausted from all the negativity. His first thread in months and he immediately tries to stir it up.... that makes no sense does it?

It does when he's poking fun at negativity...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Must Ben C go out on the horse he rode in with?

Ben Cartwright, that is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I now call him BenCh.  That works doesn't it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I now call him BenCh.  That works doesn't it?

That's Krylon talk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I like to think the Sox became Ben's team at the deadline last year, so let's start there...

Albers & Podsednik >> Breslow (got Podsednik back later off waivers)

Lars Anderson >> S Wright

Shoppach> > Beato

AGon, Crawford, Beckett & Punto >> Loney (later released) , Webster, DLR, Sands, & De Jesus

Re-signed D Ortiz ($26M/2)

Signed D Ross  ($6.2M/2)

Signed J Gomes ($10M/2)

Signed Victorino ($39M/3)

Signed Uehara ($4.25M plus one more arb year)

Signed Dempster ($26.5M/2)

Signed S Drew ($9.5M/1)

Melancon, Pimental, Sands, DeJesus >> Hanrahan ($7.04M) & Holt

Signed Breslow ($6.25M/2)

Sign Napoli (will probably make $11.5 to $13M)

Signed Overbay (later released)

Cash>> M Carp ($.508M and 3 more arbs)

B Jacobs >> M Thornton ($6M club option in '14/$1M buyout)

J Iglesias, Montas, Wendelken, & Rondon >> Peavy ($14.5M in '14) & Villareal

Sox4ever

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The departed (or re-signed while not under team control):

AGon      .299  15  66  in 436 PAs (.818 OPS)

Crawford .278  5  16 in 280 PAs (.738 OPS)

Beckett    43.1 IP 0-5 /  5.19 / 1.500 (Out for season)

Punto     .239  1  12 in 236 PAs (.602 OPS)

Melancon  51.1 IP /  ERA 0.88 / WHIP 0.818

Pimental   AAA  58.2 / 2.45 / 1.006

J Sands     AAA  .214  7  27 in 321 PAs

Loney      .316  10  51 in 361 PAs (.826 OPS)

Overbay  .250  12  46 in 355 PAs (.729 OPSP)

The acquired:

Ortiz       .323  20  69  (.992) in 388 PAs

Uehara   49.1 IP  1.71 / 0.689  9 svs

Carp        .311   8  28  (.962) in 169 PAs

Napoli     .257  14  64  (.800) in 414 PAs

Victorino .284  6  31  (.739) in 324 PAs

Breslow      39 IP   2.54 / 1.256

Dempster  127 IP  4.54 / 1.496

P Beato       7.1 IP  2.45 / 1.091

Thornton    6.2 IP  2.70 / 1.650

J Gomes  .236  8  27  (.753) in 235 PAs

S Drew    .230  7  38  (.723) in 307 PAs

D Ross    .185   4    6  (.674) in 75 PAs

B Holt     .275   0    9  (.636) in 47 PAs

Webster  26.1 IP  1-2  9.57/ 1.899

Hanrahan  7.1 IP  0-1  9.82/ 2.182 (Out for the seasons)

Sox4ever

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Basically , this post is just a softball , lobbed in there so the " positive " posters can jump on the " negative " posters. Other than that  , it has no meaning. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought it was a softy spoof.

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The trade was necessary for us to get rid of bad contracts and clear payroll. I would not say that he "conned " the Dodgers. They got what they wanted. They are trying to put together a championship team. And , they are not worried about the money. I am not sure that you can say that we currently have a better team than the Dodgers. This is nothing against Ben. He did what was needed and did it very well. I just don't think he conned them. The Dodgers would gladly do it again. Do not be shocked if they win it all. 

Sections
Shortcuts