Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........

Since our starting pitchers refuse to own the plate, the only option is to get on the phones and be agressive & dareing.......  Lester, Beckett$, and Home Run Buckholtz are on the table., along with  Youk, Salty (btw, Salty is part of the pitchers problem) and any other throw ins from this roster......  Bring in NEW AGRESSIVE pitching, then bring up  IGGY, LAVARNWAY, and MIDDLEBROOKS, COOK.........  oTHER WISE SON, IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG HOT SUMMER !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........

Who is Buckholtz? Sounds like you want a complete swap out with Pawtucket. You got to play the guys you are paying the big bucks to at this point and hope they get it together. If you send all these guys down make sure that they send Valentine with them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........

In Response to Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........:
    Who is Buckholtz? Sounds like you want a complete swap out with Pawtucket. You got to play the guys you are paying the big bucks to at this point and hope they get it together. If you send all these guys down make sure that they send Valentine with them.
    Posted by MikeNagy
    Mikenagy.... your word is "HOPE", Im saying that I have seen enough....... If your OK with 5 H R's then  so-be-it......  This team needs "TRANSFORMING" !!!!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........:
    Hey Bill-806, Harv53, and Alibi Ike are at the Officers Club at the Pensacola Naval Station waiting for you at the party commemorating your 10,00 th post on BDC.
    Posted by Calzone65

I hear Kimsaysthis is the USO entertainment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

I'm there!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

This team sucks I've been a sox fan for 45 years. I have zero interest in this team for the first time in my entire life. Just hiring the clown they hired for a manager was all I needed to take this season off. It's obious the players don't care either there actions speak for them selves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........":
    This team sucks I've been a sox fan for 45 years. I have zero interest in this team for the first time in my entire life. Just hiring the clown they hired for a manager was all I needed to take this season off. It's obious the players don't care either there actions speak for them selves. Posted by Roaddogg1959
    Don't blame this on Bobby. He has a roster with at least ten AAA guys on it and some of the talent (youk, bucholz, Lester, Beckett, ) suck right now. No one could win with this roster.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

gotta say that the players don't look like they give a one way or another.  the fact that contracts are guaranteed is a joke...there should at least be a buy-out option for when players are playing this bad.

Probably could demote half the team to AAA and bring up half of the PawSox.  The kids might even do better since they'll put forth an effort at the very least.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Kim watches some British documentary on the Educational Channel on Friday nights.
    Posted by Calzone65

You do?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

This team sucks I've been a sox fan for 45 years. I have zero interest in this team for the first time in my entire life. Just hiring the clown they hired for a manager was all I needed to take this season off. It's obious the players don't care either there actions speak for them selves.
    Posted by Roaddogg1959

My father, who is 70 and visiting with me in TX said the same thing. Zero interest in this team. I have to agree. Of course I am sure plenty will say then don't watch. But seriously, this team just has no heart or desire or will to win. Something happened to this team last season and I am not sure they are going to recover. They did not get rid of anyone who was believed to be trouble. Same faces, same results.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

At $175 Million, it is pathetic that for possibly the 3rd year running the Red Sox are not going to make the Playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNPats76. Show SoxNPats76's posts

Clay shoulda been traded when he was still worth something. These guys are awful.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bill I just realized there was only like a one or two day gap between when you wrote notes to Danny Ainge in the Celts forum demanding he blow up the team every day and your notes in here to Ben demanding he blow up this roster as well. 

Is it possible you just like to blow things up? 

By the way I'm looking forward to your apology to the Celts forum and Danny Ainge. You wasted at least 100 of your 10,000 posts demanding Ainge trade key players and we find out now what I tried to tell you - Ainge did try to trade them all in fact OJ Mayo would have been in Boston in place of Ray Allen had Mayo not refused the trade via his agent. I tried to tell you "trigger Danny" was working the phones. Anyhow looking forward to your apology in the Celts forum when you get a chance, no rush. Whenever you are done blasting the management here. 

Oh, and as for blowing up the starting pitching, don't you think that the bullpen has been a bigger problem? Along with the streaky offense that has scored runs in bunches and then not delivered key runs when needed in tight games? 

Seems like it might make sense to let Ben see how the team performs for a few weeks before we do a yard sale with our best players? Just a thought....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........ : I hear Kimsaysthis is the USO entertainment.
    Posted by Camelwalk

Pike is dolled up and ready to perform. He just posted this on the BDC culture forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

It's tough to root for this team.  Too many AAA - AAAA players, no depth, no energy when they play.  You can't say that they don't care (I'm sure they all do), but there is a lack of fire.  Our staters are a shaky bunch right now, and the bullpen is an absoulte mess of has-beens, couldn't have-beens, and misplaced marginal talents.  You'd like to see a move, but this team needs way too many moves to compete.  No interest in this team, I can't go there.  I'll be angry at management, and extremely dissatisfied with the team as a whole, but I refuse to feel that I should be immune from rough stretches.  No pink hats here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Correct, Bill.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

If I didn't know any better I would swear it was september 2011.  The lousey play and BS meter is way up there and the interest meter is way down.  Hard to blame crappy play on BV when his pitchers are chucking garbage up to the plate at the tune of 80 pitches in 2 innings....no wonder the bullpen is wore out already.  I realize that these big money players are hard if not impossible to move but something needs to give here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

There isn't even anything to post about this lousy, soulless team. It's not interesting enough or good enough to bother writing a third sentence.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill I just realized there was only like a one or two day gap between when you wrote notes to Danny Ainge in the Celts forum demanding he blow up the team every day and your notes in here to Ben demanding he blow up this roster as well.  Is it possible you just like to blow things up?  By the way I'm looking forward to your apology to the Celts forum and Danny Ainge. You wasted at least 100 of your 10,000 posts demanding Ainge trade key players and we find out now what I tried to tell you - Ainge did try to trade them all in fact OJ Mayo would have been in Boston in place of Ray Allen had Mayo not refused the trade via his agent. I tried to tell you "trigger Danny" was working the phones. Anyhow looking forward to your apology in the Celts forum when you get a chance, no rush. Whenever you are done blasting the management here.  Oh, and as for blowing up the starting pitching, don't you think that the bullpen has been a bigger problem? Along with the streaky offense that has scored runs in bunches and then not delivered key runs when needed in tight games?  Seems like it might make sense to let Ben see how the team performs for a few weeks before we do a yard sale with our best players? Just a thought....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker
    Yes Bostontroll, thanks for the compliment......  1/ In pro sports, if not good then your BAD & should be BLOWN UP...... 2/ Right again oh wise one, I did advocate for Danny Ainge to BLOW uP the Celts, and on the 11th hour he came > close to doing it with both Ray Allen & Paul Pierce, now going into the off season & next year will be more painful to the franchise as they go. 3/ The Red Sox are stuck with what i call a lot of "FAT-CAT" contracts that is holding up the "FUTURE STARS" that are ready to make their marks. 4/ Getting old in sports is not a good thing, getting old & holding a "FAT-CAT" contract is worse........   5/ Ben C. knows what he wants to do, only question being, can he ?????   Time will tell !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Is it panic time, you betcha! This dog doesn't hunt! The scuttling of Varitek and Wakefield was a good start. The 2012 team is devoid of leadership and passion,  comprised of a laughable bunch of retreads and pampered princes. On the DL we have the dynamic duo of Crappy Carl and Lackluster, $20 mil worth of dead money. Call is a throw-away yr, bridge yr or rebuilding yr, changes need to be made now! This team will be luckty to win 75 gms!    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team is way too left handed and does not play to the dimensions of the ballpark. Even if Kalish comes back, he is another left handed hitter. Does Ben understand that a reason why some of these guys were available is because they are flawed. Cody Ross was available because the Giants knew he was done. Yeah he is going to hit homeruns once in a while when a pitcher makes a mistake, alla Larry Parish 1988. This team needed a hitter like Michael Cuddyer who is a right handed hitter. The bullpen is a disaster with a mix match of players. Ben Cherrington is responsible for Melancon who cannot get anyone out. That looks like a terrible trade now unless the guy straightens himself out, which I doubt. He picked up Andrew Bailey who is constantly hurt. He got hurt again in Spring Training the first couple of days. Then true to form he gets hurt again right before the start if the season. Ben then completes the Theo deal and agrees to get Carter who needs elbow surgery and the thing that gets me is that they knew he had elbow problems to begin with and yet they still took him. Either him or Luchinno thought that the pitching staff was fine and Buchholtz would be the same Bucholtz he was in 2011, clearly he is not the same. They needed a starting pitcher and again picked up more throw aways in Cook and Olendorf. Please do not thing that these two guys are going to save our season and our necks this year. The teams offense scores 11 runs in one game then scores 8 runs in the next 40 innings. Way too streaky to win consistently and one of those runs was when Swisher misplaced a ball in yesterdays game. Otherwise they would have scored one run. The only guy Ben picked up who is playing good for now is Sweeney. This team is very seriously flawed this year, part from the Biy Genus and a good part from Luchinno and a small part from Cherrington.

Sections
Shortcuts