Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........

VERY SIMPLY....THIS TEAM IS GOING TO A GUNFIGHT WITH
    A BUTTER KNIFE. HOW IN THE SAM HILL CAN YOU WIN IF
    YOUR LINEUP CONSISTS OF A BUNCH OF SCRUBEENIES WHO
    SHOULD BE IN PAWTUCKET. YOU WANT NAMES ???
    ROSS, PUNTO, MCDONALD, SPEARS, SHOPPACH, AVILES,
    AND SALTALAMACCHIA. SALTY CAN'T HIT A LICK. IT'S NO
    WONDER THAT THE UPPER ECHELON TEAMS ARE BEATING
    THE TAR OUT OF US...AFTER PAPI...WE HAVE NO HR POWER
    WHATSOEVER. YOU CAN'T EXPECT PEDROIA TO CARRY THE
    TEAM. AGON IS A "SOFT" .300 HITTER WHO WILL DRIVE
    BALLS TO THE GAPS BUT WILL NOT HIT THE BOMBS LIKE
    A ROD , GRANDERSON, HAMILTON, MIGGY, ETC.
    EPSTEIN STARTED THE DECLINE BY SADDLING THE
    TEAM WITH HUGE CONTRACTS FOR RISKY PLAYERS, AND
    NOW WE ARE PAYING THE PRICE. THIS IS A LAST PLACE
    CLUB, AND THE 4-9 START IS NO MIRAGE. THE PLAYERS
    ARE JUST NOT THAT GOOD. BY MAY FIRST, THE FRONT
    OFFICE MAY JUST HAVE TO BRING UP A LOT OF NEW
    BLOOD FROM THE MINORS. YOUKILIS SHOULD BE TRADE
    BAIT AND WE SHOULD TRY TO GET DAVID WRIGHT IF THE
    METS DECIDE THAT A PENNANT CHASE IS FUTILE AND THEY
    NEED TO CUT PAYROLL AND GET A DEAL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HoleinOne402. Show HoleinOne402's posts

Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........

Blame the owners.  They let Theo construct a team built on long term contracts for nonperformers. They they get rid of one of the top 3 managers in baseball and hire a mini-Theo as GM.  Take a look at Rangers if you want to see how to build a team for current wins and long term.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobknowsBosox. Show BobknowsBosox's posts

In Response to Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........:
    [QUOTE]This team sucks I've been a sox fan for 45 years. I have zero interest in this team for the first time in my entire life. Just hiring the clown they hired for a manager was all I needed to take this season off. It's obious the players don't care either there actions speak for them selves.
    Posted by Roaddogg1959[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way Roaddogg...there is nothing I really like about the way this team is constructed and I have been a fan as long as you.
    I remember I never could wait for the season to start and this year I could not get excited about this team at all.

So far this season they have not let me down with my expectations for them. Even last years team was not fun to watch and wasn't surprised by their collapse because you could just sense it coming and I have been a real die hard fan for years and the excitement of Red Sox baseball has disappeared.
    They do not have many superstars on this team at all and a good chunk of this team would have a hard time making the rosters of lesser teams.
    They also have not gotten much out of most of their high price free agents whom always seem to be hurt and when they're not hurt have a hard time playing well.

This team will end up being like the Cleveland teams of the late 90's into early 2000's that had great teams and started losing it and ended up cleaning house of all their high priced players they can live without and rebuild through trades and the draft.
    I hope I am wrong...but Pedey and Ortiz cannot do it all at the plate and 75% of the pitching stinks and cannot keep the team in ball games.
    Crawford has a lot to proove when he comes back, if he can get it back at all and Ells may take some time to heal properly. We are not going to win many games with Repko, D Mac, Punto and Salty in the line up.
    Embarassed

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

Bring back Wake, and let's root for the record!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

In response to "Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........": [QUOTE]Who is Buckholtz? Sounds like you want a complete swap out with Pawtucket. You got to play the guys you are paying the big bucks to at this point and hope they get it together. If you send all these guys down make sure that they send Valentine with them. Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE] Oh wow he spelled wrong I bet you were thinking he meant buck Martinez geesh childish forum!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

In response to "Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........ : I feel the same way Roaddogg...there is nothing I really like about the way this team is constructed and I have been a fan as long as you. I remember I never could wait for the season to start and this year I could not get excited about this team at all. So far this season they have not let me down with my expectations for them. Even last years team was not fun to watch and wasn't surprised by their collapse because you could just sense it coming and I have been a real die hard fan for years and the excitement of Red Sox baseball has disappeared. They do not have many superstars on this team at all and a good chunk of this team would have a hard time making the rosters of lesser teams. They also have not gotten much out of most of their high price free agents whom always seem to be hurt and when they're not hurt have a hard time playing well. This team will end up being like the Cleveland teams of the late 90's into early 2000's that had great teams and started losing it and ended up cleaning house of all their high priced players they can live without and rebuild through trades and the draft. I hope I am wrong...but Pedey and Ortiz cannot do it all at the plate and 75% of the pitching stinks and cannot keep the team in ball games. Crawford has a lot to proove when he comes back, if he can get it back at all and Ells may take some time to heal properly. We are not going to win many games with Repko, D Mac, Punto and Salty in the line up. Posted by BobknowsBosox[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

In response to "Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ben C. the party is over, this team as constructed needs a BLOCKBUSTER........ : I feel the same way Roaddogg...there is nothing I really like about the way this team is constructed and I have been a fan as long as you. I remember I never could wait for the season to start and this year I could not get excited about this team at all. So far this season they have not let me down with my expectations for them. Even last years team was not fun to watch and wasn't surprised by their collapse because you could just sense it coming and I have been a real die hard fan for years and the excitement of Red Sox baseball has disappeared. They do not have many superstars on this team at all and a good chunk of this team would have a hard time making the rosters of lesser teams. They also have not gotten much out of most of their high price free agents whom always seem to be hurt and when they're not hurt have a hard time playing well. This team will end up being like the Cleveland teams of the late 90's into early 2000's that had great teams and started losing it and ended up cleaning house of all their high priced players they can live without and rebuild through trades and the draft. I hope I am wrong...but Pedey and Ortiz cannot do it all at the plate and 75% of the pitching stinks and cannot keep the team in ball games. Crawford has a lot to proove when he comes back, if he can get it back at all and Ells may take some time to heal properly. We are not going to win many games with Repko, D Mac, Punto and Salty in the line up. Posted by BobknowsBosox[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

I agree bill the players on this team don't seem to care. If they had nine pedeys on this team then you would see heart. The guy gives it his all every game but he can't do it alone. They did nothing to change the atmosphere in the club house same old same old. When tommy yawky owned this team things were different no they didn't win a world series but the players would never of gotten away with the things they get away with now. The players are so overrated on this team when it comes to really caring. Then they run Tito out of town because of the bad apples on the team. So instead of getting the bad apples out of here they bring in the clown bobby v. So where's the improvement. They got rid of scutero he was another guy who seemed to give it his all. Although Aviles has done a very decent job. But it's hard to keep interested in the team when the players don't care.

Sections
Shortcuts