Ben can't just sit there, can't build from free agency, he MUST make a ...........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Ben can't just sit there, can't build from free agency, he MUST make a ...........

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there is nothing more overrated in pro baseball than red sox minor leaguers...nothing

[/QUOTE]

Every team has a Jackie Bradley Jr.

[/QUOTE]

and a Xander Boegarts

[/QUOTE]

No, but as I just said, he hasnt filled out yet.  Many 19 yr olds lose bat speed / athleticism / quickness once they grow into their frame.  Some dont (Middlebrooks) , but some do.

I will admit that Boegarts has all-star upside.  That doesnt mean I wouldnt trade him in the right deal, though.  

[/QUOTE]

No, I do not think there are any untouchables in the system right now.  If there is a marquis starter is suddenly, magically, on the block, I am certainly not married to JBJ or Boegarts, or anyone.  Still too much developmental uncertainty, as you say, to call them untouchable.

I just think that, while within the past few years it may have been true, it is a gross overstatement to say that there is nothing more overrated than the Sox farm system.  

[/QUOTE]

I would say the current crop is average.  1 elite prospect, a couple good prospects, and plenty of wildcards.  Until recently, our crop was well below average.  We had a 3 yr  stretch w/ 0-1 guys in the top 50.  And everyone was screaming "play the kids."  I often wondered: what kids?

But when I agreed w/ Gerom, I was referencing 2008-2011.  I agree that its no longer the case.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Ben can't just sit there, can't build from free agency, he MUST make a ...........

[QUOTE]

Otis Nixon career OPS = .658

Billy Hatcher career OPS = .676

Andrew Dawson was 38 when we signed him.  

Napoli just turned 31 and has a career OPS of .863.  Thats top 5 for a 1B.  And he did that w/ the wear and tear of catching.  Nice comparisons.

[/QUOTE]

The guy batted .227.

He is horribly over rated by fools. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Napoli had a total of 80 hits in 2012.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Otis Nixon career OPS = .658

Billy Hatcher career OPS = .676

Andrew Dawson was 38 when we signed him.  

Napoli just turned 31 and has a career OPS of .863.  Thats top 5 for a 1B.  And he did that w/ the wear and tear of catching.  Nice comparisons.

[/QUOTE]

The guy batted .227.

He is horribly over rated by fools. 

[/QUOTE]

you mean the guy who in 2011 batted .320? since your so into BA as the end-all stat for batters.. how about you look at the rest of his offensive stats before you make yourself look like an idiot on the internet. too late.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Napoli had a total of 80 hits in 2012.

[/QUOTE]

He was hurt, dealing with a nagging leg injury which was probably a facor in his down year and lack of GP...Only 108 games played.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

FA market:

Napoli refuse a 13.3 mill qualifying offer from the Rangers before his FA tour he is looking for 4 four year deal, The Sox will need to to pay out at least 15 mill per season for 4 years. Is he worth that much.

Lohse 13.3 qualifying offer from the Cardinals. If Lohse intend to leave STL he will want something similar to Napoli.

Hamilton wants a contract similar to Prince Fielder not sure what the amt. is but is a lot money.

Anibal Sanchez rumour is 90 mill for 6 years

Trade market:

J. Upton value is Arz. looking for starter ,SS and 3B something the sox cannot afford to let go at the moment

KC's Gordon first thing KC wants is a starting pitcher

The Sox biggest moves will be and Shocking moves:

(1) Josh Hamilton signing if the Sox do sign Josh then Sox will  be budget signing after this for more FA's. Hamilton is the biggest power hitter name in the market something the Sox will need long term once Papi's retires.

(2) Lohse I think maybe the pitcher that the Red Sox are most interested in and is under the radar

(3) The biggest block buster deal the Sox that i am anticipating is with KC involving Myers and Hosmer, if the Sox let go of Lester plus who else is in the package.

If the Sox sign Lohse, Berkman (one year)  and Hamilton will fix the needs and then the Sox can trade with KC to get propsect OF and young experience 1B player with MLB experience

Berkman and Hosmer can fill in the 1B roles less headaches then signing Napoli long term

Lohse can fill in Lester spot

Hamilton will be the second power hitter

Swisher is a switch hitter can be an option ( pending how many years he wants) in RF and bat between Papi and Hamilton

My only concern about Hamilton is the contract will be an extreme amt. and Josh is also L handed batter along with Papi

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

BLOCKBUSTER !!!!......  This is the year to do it..... as FREE AGENCY is below value....  Ben could become an instant HERO at the FENS   !!!       THEO who ?????

[/QUOTE]

As always, a lot of talk and never any suggestions as to what the team should do specifically.... and thats because you dont have a clue.

[/QUOTE]Look SON, let me SPLAIN.......    Im not the G M, however I know enough about Baseball that the day of the FREE AGENCY teams are over.......  For the record,  FREE AGENCY  is the mirror reflection of GREECE & what the "BIG O" IS DOING TO AMERICA ...........  

[/QUOTE]

Wow, a new depth of stupidity.  For the record, Idiot, talk us through some of the issues that caused the Greek crisis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BLOCKBUSTER !!!!......  This is the year to do it..... as FREE AGENCY is below value....  Ben could become an instant HERO at the FENS   !!!       THEO who ?????

[/QUOTE]

As always, a lot of talk and never any suggestions as to what the team should do specifically.... and thats because you dont have a clue.

[/QUOTE]Look SON, let me SPLAIN.......    Im not the G M, however I know enough about Baseball that the day of the FREE AGENCY teams are over.......  For the record,  FREE AGENCY  is the mirror reflection of GREECE & what the "BIG O" IS DOING TO AMERICA ...........  

[/QUOTE]

Wow, a new depth of stupidity.  For the record, Idiot, talk us through some of the issues that caused the Greek crisis.

[/QUOTE]No need ,  the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats just won't understand......  BTW, I bet that your MOM still has to call and let you know "that it is time to come in out of the rain" !!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]No need ,  the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats just won't understand......  BTW, I bet that your MOM still has to call and let you know "that it is time to come in out of the rain" !!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

True Bill, but that is because the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats refuse to accept that Obama was born in Greece.