BEN, changes are coming .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BEN, changes are coming .......

No way are we going to go much longer with STARTING PITCHERS giving up early big runs ....  What say you ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: BEN, changes are coming .......

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way are we going to go much longer with STARTING PITCHERS giving up early big runs ....  What say you ????

[/QUOTE]

Bill, this way too early to even think about changes. They've only played 21 games. There's nobody that's even running away with anything right now. I'd rather see them slump now and get hot at the end of the season. They still got 141 games to go. If they're floundering like this around the All star break, then there is a concern.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill, this way too early to even think about changes. They've only played 21 games. There's nobody that's even running away with anything right now. I'd rather see them slump now and get hot at the end of the season. They still got 141 games to go. If they're floundering like this around the All star break, then there is a concern.

[/QUOTE] TRUE, however the Sox manage their roster based on contracts, not always with the best players in the system ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wish baseball was only 142 games regular season... too long. April and November are not baseball months.

[/QUOTE]

Keep April in Florida and count those games played. That way you wouldn't let your starters rot all spring and suck when season starts. Count the games in florida  20 or so and cut the season in freezing Oct, Nov  End  World Series in Sept...... But because of all mighty dollar.... Won't happen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember, sometime defense got to help the starting pitcher to get out of his big inning jammed.  For example, Sizemore should have caught two of the fly balls in right field.  I remember correctly that Victorino have caught so many high popped fly ball down the line last year without a problem, and same with a line drive toward to RF.  Meaning that Victorino could made these catches and save two to three runs for Lester.  Now seem Sizemore does not know how to play RF where he is really a naturally CF player. Also Napoli misplayed a hard line drive where he could have gotten Lester out of that inning and keep the 4-2 ball game.  Instead, he misplayed the line drive and gave up two runs.  I can go on and on.  

Last year, good defense, good pitching and good offense were the keys for winning it all.  Right now I am seeing lack of defense and lack of offense is the biggest problem to the team this year.  I am sure it could be fixed once Middlebrook and Victorino come back!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree that its way too early to think about changes, but I don't think it will take until the ASB to see what kind of quality we can expect on this team. I think after about 40 games we can make an initial assessment. If we are still in last place playing sub .500 baseball that is not a good sign even though there is still 75% of the games left to play. Its not a final judgement, just an initial one.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No changes.  You created a system and you need to stick to it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Dear Bill

What changes would you make right now? Make sure they are doable and do not throw away salary/players that burden you later. Doable is any trade you offer is possible for the other team to accept.

thank you

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree that its way too early to think about changes, but I don't think it will take until the ASB to see what kind of quality we can expect on this team. I think after about 40 games we can make an initial assessment. If we are still in last place playing sub .500 baseball that is not a good sign even though there is still 75% of the games left to play. Its not a final judgement, just an initial one.

[/QUOTE]AGREE..... However, Brandon Workman is a good example of why he is @ 3-A....  Why ?? Because they (RED SOX) can .......  The  B P at Fenway is better with Workman in it ...... Also, 3rd base, catcher, and Victorino's health remain of CONCERN  !!!   Good Game last night !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Workman, 3 B, catcher and Vic:

Workman they are stretching out--possibly replacing Buch if he goes to the DL.

3B--Holt seems to be playing acceptably for my eye to see. Perhaps move Holt to leadoff-where he batted in AAA and drop Size to 8/9. It might take a little pressure off Size and also help get JBJ back hitting.

Catcher: AJP caught a good game last night. I like Ross catching, bat not so much for either player. I do agree with a poster we will see Vaz at some point.

Vic: we'll see how long he can stay healthy. We have asked for an OF of Size in LF, Jr. in CF and Vic in RF--let's hope it turns out to be as good as we hoped for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Workman, 3 B, catcher and Vic:

Workman they are stretching out--possibly replacing Buch if he goes to the DL.

3B--Holt seems to be playing acceptably for my eye to see. Perhaps move Holt to leadoff and drop Size to 8/9.

Catcher: AJP caught a good game last night. I like Ross catching bat not so much for either player. I do agree with a poster we will see Vaz at some point.

Vic: we'll see how long he can stay healthy. We have asked for an OF of Size in LF, Jr. in CF and Vic in RF.

[/QUOTE]TRUE DAT ...... I like Holt too, but would love to see 25-30 H R 's from 3rd base !!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]AGREE..... However, Brandon Workman is a good example of why he is @ 3-A....  Why ?? Because they (RED SOX) can .......  The  B P at Fenway is better with Workman in it ...... Also, 3rd base, catcher, and Victorino's health remain of CONCERN  !!!   Good Game last night !!!

[/QUOTE]

How do you know? You were sleeping.

[/QUOTE]  Love your HUMOR......  Very condescending !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill are you ignoring my question????

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I may be the only person that feels this way:

Doubrount needs to be removed from the rotation. He may as well be the batting practice pitcher.

If he can be traded  it would be a plus plus potentially. Perhaps we would get to bat against him and he wouldn't be giving up runs we have to overcome. He's painful to watch. I hate to say this, he has quit on this game.

I realize I'm probably in the minority because he is 26 and a left-hander---his WHIP is consistently high and his career ERA is closing in on 5.00. Low innings count. He would be a guy that would not clear waivers but a guy that could use a year at AAA. Pirates, Braves, D'Backs might be good trade partners.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Doubrount needs to be removed from the rotation. He may as well be the batting practice pitcher.

If he can be traded  it would be a plus plus potentially. Perhaps we would get to bat against him and he wouldn't be giving up runs we have to overcome. He's painful to watch. I hate to say this, he has quit on this game.

I realize I'm probably in the minority because he is 26 and a left-hander---his WHIP is consistently high and his career ERA is closing in on 5.00. Low innings count. He would be a guy that would not clear waivers but a guy that could use a year at AAA. Pirates, Braves, D'Backs might be good trade partners.

[/QUOTE]At what point does Ben &  J F lose confidence in Doubront, "STRANGE CLAY",  and 3 or 4 others that look lost out there ???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]At what point does Ben &  J F lose confidence in Doubront, "STRANGE CLAY",  and 3 or 4 others that look lost out there ???

[/QUOTE]

Fickle, especially after last yr; did U give up on Ortiz a few yrs ago too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] TRUE, however the Sox manage their roster based on contracts, not always with the best players in the system ....

[/QUOTE]

They do???  Care to give us specifics??  For real....give us a bunch of current examples.  BTW....if you compare the minors to the majors I will make sure you're banned for good this time.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am also close to giving up on Doubront. His ERA this year is 6 and his career ERA is 4.70 (career ERA+ of 90). If he cannot turn it around in the next four starts I think he needs to be removed from the rotation one way or the other. His time is nearly up here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

I am also close to giving up on Doubront. His ERA this year is 6 and his career ERA is 4.70 (career ERA+ of 90). If he cannot turn it around in the next four starts I think he needs to be removed from the rotation one way or the other. His time is nearly up here.

/QUOTE]

Four starts -- yeah, I'll buy that. I was an early critic of Doubront. I never thought he produced as well as some claimed when he first came up and two times in three years, he came into camp out of shape. But last year after a shaky start he helped carry the staff for nearly three months -- about 19 starts. So he showed what he's capable of. So yeah, let's see where he's at after four more starts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bill are you ignoring my question????

[/QUOTE]

Bill doesn't answer serious questions. It requires intelligents and thought, of which he's incapable of.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

Doubrant better start throwing strikes. 
    If he gets hit, then fine, but he better start throwing strikes. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Well........   strangely ,enough.......  billy may accidentilly have hit upon something.????

Duby way verg helpful out of the pen in the WS.

Workman as our #5, & Duby out of the pen?  Not unthinkable!