Ben Cherington, Do This Now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ben Cherington, Do This Now!

Jacoby Ellsbury for Daniel Corcino. Maybe we could make the Reds take Lackey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Ben Cherington, Do This Now!

Daniel Corcino ?  You cannot be serious. I think you are letting your affection for Bradley Jr.  interfere with rational thinking. Corcino is a little known AA pitching prospect in the Red's organization. He shows some potential , but has hardly been spectacular.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Cherington, Do This Now!:
    Daniel Corcino ?  You cannot be serious. I think you are letting your affection for Bradley Jr.  interfere with rational thinking. Corcino is a little known AA pitching prospect in the Red's organization. He shows some potential , but has hardly been spectacular.
    Posted by dgalehouse

lol..so i think this vote mean stupid get a life...lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i'm just playing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Posted by dgalehouse
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2012/2613593.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Cherington, Do This Now! : http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/prospect-hot-sheet/2012/2613593.html
    Posted by carnie

He is 7-5 , with a 3.23 ERA in AA. Decent , but not overly impressive. Ellsbury should bring more than that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

???? Not so sure about this trade????

Team: Double-A Pensacola (Southern)
    Why He's Here: 1-0, 0.00, 8 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 9 SO
    The Scoop: Often what's notable about Corcino is his Rolex-like consistency. He hasn't had many sensational outings this year in his first season at Double-A, but only once in 13 starts has he given up more than three runs. While many young pitchers will show you a great outing followed by an awful one because they're not yet able to consistently repeat their delivery, Corcino has a pretty good idea of what his stuff will be before he takes the mound.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1-If you're not getting a top-50 prospect, at a minimum, don't bother.  It's the equivalent of asking for Upton in exchange for Taawa.

2-Not sure what you mean by 'maybe Lackey'.  Trading both and losing Ellsbury for some serious $$$$, makes some sense.  By saying 'maybe', it derails the idea.  One is a bad idea, one is possible.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Cherington, Do This Now! :  Earth to over-exuberent Nationites: it's a long way from double A to the Bigs.....
    Posted by prknsdnld
    I remember Bob Stanley making a pretty successful jump from AA to the bigs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Ellsbury, Cook, Albers, Sweeney,and Cecchini
    for
    Cuerto, Ludwick, and Marshall

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Ellsbury, Cook, Albers, Sweeney,and Cecchini for Cuerto, Ludwick, and Marshall
    Posted by moonslav59
    I like that deal too. That would be three teams though wouldn't it? Or is Ludwick on the Reds now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Cherington, Do This Now! : I like that deal too. That would be three teams though wouldn't it? Or is Ludwick on the Reds now?
    Posted by carnie

ludwick is on the reds...and he is having a good power numbers season....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Cueto is one of the best pitchers in the majors, and beyond Votto, is the best player the reds have. He is not going anywhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Not only that but is on a team friendly deal through 2014, with an option for 2015 that is all but certain to be picked up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Cueto is one of the best pitchers in the majors, and beyond Votto, is the best player the reds have. He is not going anywhere.
    Posted by soxforlife22
    That depends on how much the Reds think they need a leadoff hitter in the next two days. I still like Ells for Corcino though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

If not for Google, I'd have no clue who Daniel Corcino is.
    Now that I do, I'd select ...
    (d) Seriously?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If not for Google, I'd have no clue who Daniel Corcino is. Now that I do, I'd select ... (d) Seriously?
    Posted by LloydDobler
    Should have included that as a choice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

In Response to Re: Ben Cherington, Do This Now! : That depends on how much the Reds think they need a leadoff hitter in the next two days. I still like Ells for Corcino though.
    Posted by carnie

Having Cueto to anchor the rotation on a cheap contract through 2015, is more important than having a lead-off for a year or two. This trade would hurt them more than it would help them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Reds are dying for OF offense.

How about Ellsbury, Lester, and Nava or Sweeney 
    for
    Cuerto, Ludwick and Marshall 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Cueto is one of the best pitchers in the majors, and beyond Votto, is the best player the reds have. He is not going anywhere. The Reds are dying for OF offense. How about Ellsbury, Lester, and Nava or Sweeney  for Cuerto, Ludwick and Marshall 
    Posted by moonslav59
    I'd offer Ellsbury, Nava, Sweeney and Beckett first.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

I do not see the reds using anyone from their active roster, especially their best players, in a trade. They are not going to weaken themselves in one area, to strengthen themselves in another. They have plenty of prospects that could get a deal done to improve the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I do not see the reds using anyone from their active roster, especially their best players, in a trade. They are not going to weaken themselves in one area, to strengthen themselves in another. They have plenty of prospects that could get a deal done to improve the team.
    Posted by soxforlife22

Yes, I'm not sure any team has ever traded their ace in the middle of a playoff run to try and improve their team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

On a more reasonable track...

Sweeney
    Nava
    Lavarnway
    Tazawa
    Ranaudo
    Travis Shaw
    Sean Coyle

For:
    RHP: Jamie Shields: 12:$7M club option ($2M buyout),13:$9M club option ($1.5M buyout), 14:$12M club option ($1M buyout)
    CF: BJ Upton: 12: $7M , then FA or Arb acceptance. (Salary dump)

Trade:
    Crawford + 40% of his contract year by year.
    BJ Upton + $1M of the 2.3M owed this year.
    Albers
    Aviles (SS this year?/3B next year?)
    For:
    OF: Ryan Ludwick: 12:$2M, 13:$5M mutual option ($0.5M buyout)
    LHP: Sean Marshall: 12:$3.1M, 13:$4.5M, 14:$5.5M, 15:$6.5M

Trade:
    Punto + $250K of the $500K owed this year & $500K of the $1.5M '13.
    Dice-K + $3M of the $3.4M owed this year.
    For:
    Anybody.

2012 Sox  2013 Sox
    C   Salty      Salty 
    C   Shopp    ____
    1B AGon     AGon
    2B Pedey   Pedey
    3B Midd      Midd
    SS Ciriaco  Ciriaco
    IF  Iggy       Iggy
    LF Ludwick Ludwick
    CF Ellsbury Ellsbury (Traded this winter?)
    RF Ross       ______
    OF Pods/Kalish/Linares

S1 Shields   Shields
    S2 Beck       Beck
    S3 Lest        Lest
    S4 Buch       Buch
    S5 Doub       Lack
    S6 Cook       Doub

R1 Bailey      Bailey
    R2 Aceves    Aceves
    R3 Morales   Morales
    R4 Marshall  Marshall
    R5 Padilla     _______
    R6 Melancon/Mortensen/RHill/Bard/Stewart/Carpenter/Wilson

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

On a more reasonable track... Sweeney Nava Lavarnway Tazawa Ranaudo Travis Shaw Sean Coyle For: RHP: Jamie Shields:  12 :$7M club option ($2M buyout), 13 :$9M club option ($1.5M buyout),  14 :$12M club option ($1M buyout) CF: BJ Upton: 12: $7M , then FA or Arb acceptance. (Salary dump) Trade: Crawford + 40% of his contract year by year. BJ Upton + $1M of the 2.3M owed this year. Albers Aviles (SS this year?/3B next year?) For: OF: Ryan Ludwick:  12 :$2M,  13 :$5M mutual option ($0.5M buyout) LHP: Sean Marshall:  12 :$3.1M,  13 :$4.5M,  14 :$5.5M,  15 :$6.5M Trade: Punto + $250K of the $500K owed this year & $500K of the $1.5M '13. Dice-K + $3M of the $3.4M owed this year. For: Anybody.  2012 Sox  2013 Sox C   Salty      Salty  C   Shopp    ____ 1B AGon     AGon 2B Pedey   Pedey 3B Midd      Midd SS Ciriaco  Ciriaco IF  Iggy       Iggy LF Ludwick Ludwick CF Ellsbury Ellsbury (Traded this winter?) RF Ross       ______ OF Pods/Kalish/Linares S1 Shields   Shields S2 Beck       Beck S3 Lest        Lest S4 Buch       Buch S5 Doub       Lack S6 Cook       Doub R1 Bailey      Bailey R2 Aceves    Aceves R3 Morales   Morales R4 Marshall  Marshall R5 Padilla     _______ R6 Melancon/Mortensen/RHill/Bard/Stewart/Carpenter/Wilson
    Posted by moonslav59
    I don't like Shields that much. And Rays never seem to do as well when they leave Tampa. I still think Ellsbury for Corcino is our best deal for next year.

Sections
Shortcuts