Ben Cherrington Must be Fired at Season End & The New GM Must hire the New Manager

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Re: Ben Cherrington Must be Fired at Season End & The New GM Must hire the New Manager

Thats not going to happen. Ben will be back and I am fairly certain that Bobby will be back with him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ben Cherrington Must be Fired at Season End & The New GM Must hire the New Manager

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

No doubt about it.

More childish soap opera drive by thread making by the boards resident mental midget.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

More childish soap opera drive by thread making by the boards resident mental midget.

I think that each of his posts needs to be evaluated individually. In this case I think he is right on, whether or not it will actually come to pass. Cherington is incompetent; he can't help it, the King of incompetent GMs trained him. Its time for a total flush, including Cherington, including Lucchino, and possibly including Valentine if the new GM doesn't want him back. That makes a lot of sense to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think he did a fine job with the trade.  And it isn't like Valentine was his choice.  The guy that hired Valentine is the guy that has to go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I think that each of his posts needs to be evaluated individually. In this case I think he is right on, whether or not it will actually come to pass. Cherington is incompetent; he can't help it, the King of incompetent GMs trained him. Its time for a total flush, including Cherington, including Lucchino, and possibly including Valentine if the new GM doesn't want him back. That makes a lot of sense to me.

I was just mocking him for fun.  I don't pay much attention to what he writes.  He doesn't mean any of it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I think he did a fine job with the trade.  And it isn't like Valentine was his choice.  The guy that hired Valentine is the guy that has to go.

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I think it says a lot about the job Ben has been doing when he's best trade was one where he was openly giving away star (or supposed to be star) players just to be rid of them and their salary. Any of the guys they got in return actually turning out to be useful players seems to be a bonus at this point...

His trades that were supposed to make the team better have been horrible. They're not even the kind of deal where it just works out better for one team than it did the other - he was fleeced.

Let's Papelbon leave, in part because they have a closer in the waiting with Bard. Then they turn Bard into a starter, which leaves them without a closer or a set up man. So they have to trade for an injury prone closer, who, surprisingly, was injured all year, and a set up man who it turns out isn't really good enough to pitch in MLB. I'd like to add that the reason given at the time for giving Scutaro away was to free up money to spend on a starter - which they didn't end up doing because the starter it was assumed they were looking at was Roy Oswalt, who didn't seem to have a lot of interest in coming to Boston in the first place....

If he's giving players away just to be rid of them he does alright. If he's trying to make his team better he actually makes the other team better.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

clean house

and i wish o'henry sells the team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

Valentine is up there in years. pumpsie, you get it. Lucchino is not part of day to day baseball player and coaches management. That's the GM. Because Valentine is up there and is somewhat tainted by the fact he started in an already infected clubhouse, it's imperative that a new GM be hired. That new GM is the one who needs to hire the new manager. It's plain and simple and the only move that will disinfect the clubhous.

Cherington did NOT hire Valentine, Lucchino did. In addition, and to make matters worse, Valentine was then FORCED to take on hold over coaches in Magadan, Bogar and Tuck, as well as having his pitching coach McClure hired by management before he got the job.

The dyfunction in the Red Sox organization starts with the President who doesn't let the GM do his job. NO WAY Cherington should go...he should be given a hands off opportunity to straighten out the mess without intervention from Lucchino. This includes letting Cherington hire the manager of HIS choice and then allowing that manager to choose his own staff.

If things don't work out in 2013 then Lucchino can do his job and replace the General Manager...but not before then.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Totally pointless thread because this isn't going to happen.  Since it won't happen, Softy will get to start umpteen more threads about it.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I can certainly live with Cherringon coming back much more than with Valentine coming back in 2013.

At least Cherrington does not have a daily negative influence on the players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

To me, all of this mess is caused by the 3 stoogers. Seriously, Theo and Tito won the 2 WS, they got all the credit so the 3 stoogers decided to take control and guess what they created this mess. We don't know whats happening behind the scene but I doubt that Ben and Bobby has much power on this team, all the powers and decisions are coming from the 3 stoogers, I hope they decide to sell the team because John, Larry and Tom are awful, period.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Cherrington is cleaning up Theos mess.  This was the team theo built.....and from everything that has been reported it appears that team president Larry Lachinowas sticking his nose into day to day operations.   Ben didn't want valentine. He has made some great moves to start the rebuilding process.   4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years! Now is the time to stay the course.......Cherrington for gm 2012

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Valentine telephoned Lasorda to inform him he accepted the job. Valentine was on a charity event in Japan, where he managed for seven years. The Red Sox have declined comment, but Red Sox GM Ben Cherington said Monday that he hoped to have a manager by Friday.

False, Cherry hired Valentine. The gossip about "that wasn't his choice and he was a friend of ownership/upper management" is nonsense.

Cherry made all the wrong moves over last winter and this season. He was an embarrassment in his comments and his actions. He's a proven loser bean counter who can't count.

A purging must take place, and getting rid of the incompetence in the GM's office didn't end with InEpstein. To allow Cherry to continue will be the status quo and expecting a different result. I expect some more incompetent moves over the winter and that loser face and voice to keep making those stupid comments.

[/QUOTE]

Based on what? Everything we've been told suggests the opposite.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Softy:  "farm scraps"

Keith Law (when asked about the quality of the "farm scraps" vs Red Sox prospect Matt Barnes):  "....Rubby isn't rookie eligible any more, but I'd rank him first, Webster second, Barnes third."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Ben has been all right this year. I might want to have the Lowrie-Melancon trade back but Melanson is under control for a while so it could work out. The Padilla and Ross moves really worked out. The big trade was amazing to get two arms and get rid of 260 million. I still can't believe the Dodgers made that trade. If LL will let them get rid of Bobby V and they spend wisely they wont win it all but they could win a WC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

I recognize these Sox fans... same ones who wanted Theo canned after last year. You'll be the same ones who want the next GM fired in less than a year. I think giving a GM 10 months to turn around the franchise is reasonable. Sox fans are actually too patient. I think we should can GMs after a bad month, maybe a week. Also, players should be traded or sent down in the middle of at bats.

I think all the fans who cried all year for Lavarnway to play should be hired as the next GM.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Sorry SOFTY, not with you on this one......  Ben has done a good job.  The chain was broken when LUCCIANNO's brought in Bobby V. and showed the club house that Ben was not in charge ................  Forget the "FREE FALL", this season has been a hugh success just by unloading the FAT-CAT$......   Yes , Bobby V will be gone, (today or seasons end) and then it is nothing but up for 2013.........  Just wondering if John Henry has the intestines to put Luccianno'S in his place........  As Dad would say.......  "SON, THE PALACE HAS BEEN PURGED" !!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I agree about Cherington. I blame him for the players running to the front office complaining. He allows this and this is a horrible way to run things.

Sections
Shortcuts