Ben Cherrington Must be Fired at Season End & The New GM Must hire the New Manager

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

Re: Ben Cherrington Must be Fired at Season End & The New GM Must hire the New Manager

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Valentine is up there in years. pumpsie, you get it. Lucchino is not part of day to day baseball player and coaches management. That's the GM. Because Valentine is up there and is somewhat tainted by the fact he started in an already infected clubhouse, it's imperative that a new GM be hired. That new GM is the one who needs to hire the new manager. It's plain and simple and the only move that will disinfect the clubhous.

[/QUOTE]
    something tells me that Cherington is too buddy buddy with some of the players and this is what allows for all this circus to continue.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Ben Cherrington Must be Fired at Season End & The New GM Must hire the New Manager

Valentine is up there in years. pumpsie, you get it. Lucchino is not part of day to day baseball player and coaches management. That's the GM. Because Valentine is up there and is somewhat tainted by the fact he started in an already infected clubhouse, it's imperative that a new GM be hired. That new GM is the one who needs to hire the new manager. It's plain and simple and the only move that will disinfect the clubhous.

So "up there in years" is the deciding factor? Sorry. That has nothing to do with it. People "up there in years" have done exemplary jobs in all different walks of life. And if you think that LL had nothing to do with the big trade, that it was all Cherington, that, IMO, is naive. My guess is that the new GM was mostly an observer.
    The rest of what you wrote I do not disagree with: that a new competent GM has to be hired and he should choose his own manager. And if Lucchino cannot stay out of the way he should be removed from baseball ops.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

Ah, adding Ageism to your bigotry quiver.  Nice one!

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to DirtDawgSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

More childish soap opera drive by thread making by the boards resident mental midget.

I think that each of his posts needs to be evaluated individually. In this case I think he is right on, whether or not it will actually come to pass. Cherington is incompetent; he can't help it, the King of incompetent GMs trained him. Its time for a total flush, including Cherington, including Lucchino, and possibly including Valentine if the new GM doesn't want him back. That makes a lot of sense to me.

I agree about Cherington. I blame him for the players running to the front office complaining. He allows this and this is a horrible way to run things.

[/QUOTE]

So you say he allows this eh?? So where are the 2 supposed players that ran upstairs now? Shoppach and GONZALEZ were ironically dispatched shortly after this happened.

You also mentioned that he is buddy, buddy with the players...and what events have transpired to lead you to that determination??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I just find it ironic that softy is now more critical of management than the "union slugs".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Followed by:

Status quo at the trade deadline.

Followed by:

Giving away AGon for farm scraps to get rid of Crawbust and Beckett, the two idiot contracts that his mentor laid out.

Are you even paying attention?? This move was GENIUS! Sacrificing Gonzalez's humongous salary along with Crawford's and Beckett's cleared alot of the fog that exists in that clubhouse while freeing up the team to bring in resources that have not made their big payday yet and will be hungry to win.

Cherington will not be judged in my eyes until I see what he can do with this chance to build his own team, including HIS own manager because contrary to what you are trying to sell us, Valentine was NO WAY his choice...his choices were between Sveum & Lamont.

The 3 stooges up in the press box wouldn't let him hire Sveum...and alhough Lamont was given more of a chance the stooges decided that Valentine was the choice and Cherington acquiensed to show management unity and to avoid additional controversy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

That's certainly a big part of the problem, but Cherry doesn't have a clue what makes a good roster construction with good value and good fit.

Trotter, Cherington has less than a clue as to what to do.  Remember, he was there before Epstein and was passed over for the GM job before Theo got it.  That has to speak volumes just how low in esteem the guy was.  When he finally is canned, odds are he will never get another job in the same capacity.  He's the one who insisted Bard become a starter.  How did that work out besides diastrously.  Now Bard is just about a sunk cost; most likely will never recover.  The only good move he made was signing Cody Ross.  The trade with the A's was a disaster, the one with the Astros was a bummer as well.  Also, look at some of the pitchers he signed up last winter.  My opinion is that unless he joins Valentine in the unemployment line and is flushed down the cra@@er with the rest of the stiffs on our team this winter, 2013 will shape us as another miserable season.  Cherries has to go because he is a miserable excuse for a GM.

Sections
Shortcuts