BEN, Come MONDAY MORNING, time for a bullpen upgrade......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BEN, Come MONDAY MORNING, time for a bullpen upgrade......

It is time for WORKMAN & BRITON to join the RANKS, What say YOU ??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: BEN, Come MONDAY MORNING, time for a bullpen upgrade......

time for a new 3B

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

time for a new 3B

[/QUOTE]  I still like his BAT !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pitchers only gave up three runs. It's not the bullpen, it's the hitting. These guys could not hit water if they fell out of a boat. It's ridiculous. Only good news is Tuesday they're about to play a team that's just as bad at advancing runners and scoring runs from third with less than two out. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

time for a new 3B

[/QUOTE]  I still like his BAT !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

His bat is ok not as good as you think it is.. Do you remember Rob Deer. He's a poor mans Deer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Like Exam said...they are not hitting.  It doesn't help matters any when the same guys are up every time there are men on base. Does JBJr bat more than all the other hitters? And, as long as he's going to bat maybe learning how to bunt would be helpful. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like Exam said...they are not hitting.  It doesn't help matters any when the same guys are up every time there are men on base. Does JBJr bat more than all the other hitters? And, as long as he's going to bat maybe learning how to bunt would be helpful. 

[/QUOTE] TRUE  DAT  !!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

It is time for WORKMAN & BRITON to join the RANKS, What say YOU ??????

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

1-The RS BP has the best WAR in BB.

2-Workman is being used as a starter.

3-Britton is pitching bad.

4-We already have 3 lefties in the BP.

Thanks for your inciteful contributions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't like the fact we are about 3 for 100 with runners in scoring position. Who isn't hitting with RISP---Xander, WMB, Xander, WMB to name 2--JBJ isn't bad. Those guys along with Gomes, Carp and Size seem to be coming up every inning.

When it's suggested we get the--"he'll come around"--send Xander and WMB to AAA for a couple of weeks and let them get back in the groove. I wouldn't mind Holt coming back and Ryan Roberts seems to be upping his average since he was sent down.

Here's another thought: Send WMB to the White Sox for Alexi Ramirez and move Xander to 3 B. Ramirez has played in 31 games--4 HR-19 RBI,  BA-.344. 1 Error on the season. We pick up his $10 M and we get a vet. that just might be a great fit.--------It may also be a plus move for WMB--a fresh start--perhaps their future 3 B. Both White Sox 3 B's--Gillaspie and Keppinger are on the 15 day DL. WMB would fit in with Abreu and the growing group of good young power hitters.

I can already feel air coming back into Fenway. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't like the fact we are about 3 for 100 with runners in scoring position. Who isn't hitting with RISP---Xander, WMB, Xander, WMB to name 2--JBJ isn't bad. Those guys along with Gomes, Carp and Size seem to be coming up every inning.

When it's suggested we get the--"he'll come around"--send Xander and WMB to AAA for a couple of weeks and let them get back in the groove. I wouldn't mind Holt coming back and Ryan Roberts seems to be upping his average since he was sent down.

Here's another thought: Send WMB to the White Sox for Alexi Ramirez and move Xander to 3 B. Ramirez has played in 31 games--4 HR-19 RBI,  BA-.344. 1 Error on the season. We pick up his $10 M and we get a vet. that just might be a great fit.--------It may also be a plus move for WMB--a fresh start--perhaps their future 3 B. Both White Sox 3 B's--Gillaspie and Keppinger are on the 15 day DL. WMB would fit in with Abreu and the growing group of good young power hitters.

I can already feel air coming back into Fenway. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Theyd never go for it. Ramirez is a bargain at $10M, plus he's very popular there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Too early for anything, actually.  Hitting has been bad, but was good enough to take 2 of 3 from the best pitching staff (by a big margin) in the AL and 2 runs, more than usual, off their ace, Gray.  Still, yesterday's game was despite the outcome very exciting and well played by the Sox even with the RISP issue.  I would be fine with dumping Mujica for, say, Workman, but am fine with whatever Farrell and Cherington decide.  Sox are still 2 games under .500, not good, but I like the trend right now and they are only 2 games out of first in the AL. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Too early for anything, actually.  Hitting has been bad, but was good enough to take 2 of 3 from the best pitching staff (by a big margin) in the AL and 2 runs, more than usual, off their ace, Gray.  Still, yesterday's game was despite the outcome very exciting and well played by the Sox even with the RISP issue.  I would be fine with dumping Mujica for, say, Workman, but am fine with whatever Farrell and Cherington decide.  Sox are still 2 games under .500, not good, but I like the trend right now and they are only 2 games out of first in the AL. 

Who actually knows how long Mujica has been struggling with this issue. They may be trying to decide if they bring up Britton, Workman or Wilson. Wilson has a sub one ERA--.71 in 12 appearances, including 3 saves.

It appeared  WMB may have a shoulder issue with the collission with Donaldson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do posters say it's way to early and losing games now don't mean much? Every game counts now or later.If you miss playoffs by a few games those early games mean just as much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do posters say it's way to early and losing games now don't mean much? Every game counts now or later.If you miss playoffs by a few games those early games mean just as much.

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say ..........  "SON, the games that you win in April/May, you won't have to look for in September"  !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say ..........  "SON, the games that you win in April/May, you won't have to look for in September"  !!!

[/QUOTE]

This is SO TRUE.  I never understood the mentality of "It's a long season and we'll make these games up later".   At the end of the season we count up the wins and losses and that's all that matters.  They all count equally no matter when they're won or lost.

Last September was quite relaxing, not having to watch the scoreboard every day and worry about what everyone else was doing.  It also gave the Sox a chance to get everyone rested and their pitching staff in order for the PO's.  Much of that came about because the Sox got off to a hot start in April and picked up wins that gave them that cushion in late September.

The good news is that in spite of this mediocre start nobody in the AL East is off to a hot start so everyone can still be caught.  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Did  S 5  & Bill-806 just agree on something ??????  HAL-U-LU-LAR !!!!   The MODS work is coming to fruit already !!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Saying it's too early to panic or make big changes is not the same thing as saying the early part of the season does not count or counts less. Wins are wins and losses are losses, and I don't think anyone is happy with the record or the overall play of this team so far. But it's also true that it's very early -- too early to form judgments on a lot of issues -- and things can absolutely be turned around, which is all people are saying. I don't think I've seen anyone claim that the games count less in April, which would be silly.

Regarding Mujica, the tightness he felt the other day might have been a good opportunity for a convenient DL stint to give him some time to figure things out. But we'll see, I guess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Every game matters, and if this team misses the playoffs by one game it will be easy to look back and blame the start.  But if this team throws it together and sneaks into the playoffs and goes on a run....then it will have meant nothing. 

In reality, it will be a hindsight call if the start hurt/doesn't hurt us.  Obviously it makes things harder from here on out.  But if the team cranks it up a gear they still should be fine....it's really not like ANYONE is running away with the ALE right now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Obviously, I misspoke.  Nothing wrong with moving guys around early in the season when the situation demands.  Heck, that is how Nava went back to AAA when Vic came off the DL.  Same for Holt to make room for MBR.  And I am absolutely no fan of Mujica who looked awful last time out despite letting in no runs--he needed a great grab by Bradley on the deep fly, then a couple of great throws to get the double play.  But I am also fine with whatever Farrell decides because he is in a better position to make those judgments. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Obviously, I misspoke.  Nothing wrong with moving guys around early in the season when the situation demands.  Heck, that is how Nava went back to AAA when Vic came off the DL.  Same for Holt to make room for MBR.  And I am absolutely no fan of Mujica who looked awful last time out despite letting in no runs--he needed a great grab by Bradley on the deep fly, then a couple of great throws to get the double play.  But I am also fine with whatever Farrell decides because he is in a better position to make those judgments. 

[/QUOTE]Agree, I think that there are 2 or 3 guys at the end of the PEN that Workman & Briton based on last years work would strengthen  J F's options later in the game as well as long relief too !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I feel like Workman would be here already if the Sox saw his future in the bullpen long-term...but he is in Pawtucket because they still want him ready to start when a need arises.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

They are stretching Workman out as a starter right now, so I think Britton might be one of the first calls from the pen but Alex Wilson might be more deserving right now.  Britton has walked almost a batter per inning. WIlson is rocking a 0.71 ERA right now and has 15 K's in 12 2/3 inning.

If a starter goes down....Webster and RDLR will probably get a call-up before Workman right now......but that could change. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

A) who on the staff would they be replacing?

B) you list a Starter and you list a RP that is struggling with control in AAA as the players you want brought up.  how is that an "upgrade"???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wilson should be the next reliever called up, the way he is pitching now.  The first starter as of right now would likely be either RDLR or Webster and probably will be determined by how their starts line up. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A) who on the staff would they be replacing?

B) you list a Starter and you list a RP that is struggling with control in AAA as the players you want brought up.  how is that an "upgrade"???

[/QUOTE]  I can do without Mucka, Brandenhop, Breslo .......