3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Ben has really been taxed

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

What is rehad?

I think you need some re-hab.

Man you must be looking over my shoulder waiting to pounce. I am 75 and disabled vet so am prone to errors. I am glad I can "make your day". Can I count on your spitting on my grave in the not to distant future????

& Mr. Conan is a POT SMOKING slacker who loves the "BIG O" destruction of America.........  Thank You TED so much for your service & love for OUR Red Sox !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

Sure hope Bard will be able to eat some innings no matter the stage of his deployment. As I recall he was able to go two or three innings on occasion. Our best setup guys are starting to crack a little from overuse. Needs to be corrected. Also hope that the three in various stages of "rehad" will be back early next month and we can switch these guys around a little using fake DL. We have a wonderful group if not overused second only to Baltimore whose pen is lights out.

Please forgive me I meant to enter Pen and cannot edit headline for some reason.

We can send Wilson back down and Tazawa, but I highly doubt Taz goes anywhere. Ace is gone now and my guess is Mort would be next as they have a bunch of RHP in the pen. They are stretching Morales out to be the long man/spot starter and take over Ace's role, and Breslow has looked terrible so far in rehab. Thing will work themselves out. They usually do.

Depending on what happens with Vic's back, they might need to call up Brentz for a short time. JBJ still needs to get his 20 days at this point and cant be called back up for at least 10 games anyway I believe. Good thing is, we have options.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

& Mr. Conan is a POT SMOKING slacker who loves the "BIG O" destruction of America.........  Thank You TED so much for your service & love for OUR Red Sox !!!

The only thing the Big O destructed was opposing defenses. I mean,  he was so tough to defend. Dude was automatic from 18 feet  and  in and defined triple doubles.  I know the Celtics had trouble guarding him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey, I'm not going to stand here and listen to you guys talk bad about pot smokers!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Hey, I'm not going to stand here and listen to you guys talk bad about pot smokers!

yes, they talk as if its a bad thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Lloyd I miss your old original avatar!

I don't even remember what the original was.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bryce Brentz is not on the 40 and the Sox have sufficient outfielders. Make due until JBJ does his 20 and bring him back---in the meantime if ShaVic goes on the DL bring up a reliever-RDLR had a pretty good 2-3 inning stint. With  the way JF is using the pen they need relievers more than JBJ or DFA'ing  someone so BB can be brought up.

Open some 40 slots--DFA Hassan perhaps Butler and look to trade a pitcher from the PawSox. BenC needs to do something with players otherwise come the next Rule 5 they may lose some key people they are holding in reserve.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Marijuana is just natures way of saying "High"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Bryce Brentz is not on the 40 and the Sox have sufficient outfielders. Make due until JBJ does his 20 and bring him back---in the meantime if ShaVic goes on the DL bring up a reliever-RDLR had a pretty good 2-3 inning stint. With  the way JF is using the pen they need relievers more than JBJ or DFA'ing  someone so BB can be brought up.

Open some 40 slots--DFA Hassan perhaps Butler and look to trade a pitcher from the PawSox. BenC needs to do something with players otherwise come the next Rule 5 they may lose some key people they are holding in reserve.

Hey Mad,
    Yeah, I just looked after posting that. I though Brentz was on it. my bad.

Your right about the rule 5 issues at the end of the year. Ive been posting that since this past rule-5 draft. we have about 30 guys who will be eligible. We should see some moves this summer AND after the season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't think our bullpen has been taxed any more than any other.  The starters, except for maybe two games (Tuesday and one other 4 inning start, I think), have gone a minimum of 5 innings, and Buchholz so far is averaging over 7 inning per start and Lester is over 6.  I am fairly certain no reliever has pitched three straight days.  When the Sox played two last Saturday, both starters went 6 or more innings.  The dingers last night by our two "aces," Tazawa and Uehara, were just the fortunes of war combined with Oakland being a good hitting team this year--most runs scored in the AL to date. 

I will be amazed if Bard is kept out there for more than an inning at a time.  The one "taxing" aspect of this bullpen is right now Miller normally pitches against one batter, then in comes a new reliever. 

For now I think Mortensen will be long guy.  Plus Webster is going to be the spot starter. 

If the Sox bullpen is cracking under the strain of overuse in April, something weird is going on. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts