Ben has to get some SP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Re: Ben has to get some SP!

Should Shields become available, he would be top of my list.  I just assume he will not be, but maybe Tampa really cannot afford him.  Shields and Peavy would be great additions.  Sanchez would be as good as anyone the Sox now have, with the possible exception of Buchholz, who if healthy may emerge as a true ace in 2013.  Would love Shields, Peavy, Buchholz, Lester and Lackey, with Morales #6 (long relief/spot starter), with Webster, De La Rosa, Workman and Britton in the wings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:

Should Shields become available, he would be top of my list.  I just assume he will not be, but maybe Tampa really cannot afford him.  Shields and Peavy would be great additions.  Sanchez would be as good as anyone the Sox now have, with the possible exception of Buchholz, who if healthy may emerge as a true ace in 2013.  Would love Shields, Peavy, Buchholz, Lester and Lackey, with Morales #6 (long relief/spot starter), with Webster, De La Rosa, Workman and Britton in the wings.

I think James Shields would be a great fit as well, but I don't see any scenario where he'd be avilable to Boston.  The Rays have him under control for two more years with a 9 million dollar option for 2013 and a 12 million dollar option for 2014.  Even if they feel that the initial option of 9 million doesn't fit the budget (very possible), they'll still exercise it and trade him, as he has a lot of value.  If the Rays do trade him, there is no chance they move him to a team within their division, so I think the Sox will have to look elsewhere for a starter...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

well said, jasko.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If the Rays do talk trade with Boston, they will most certainly want the moon.

Sections
Shortcuts