Ben in Atlanta

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

Ben in Atlanta

Unusual to show up now. He might be there to find out the issues and make plans before the deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Ben in Atlanta

Follow

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Cherington: "Yes, I do think the effort’s there. Accepting a 10-game losing streak is not fun by any means."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    Cherington: “If at some point, if production’s not there, you have to think about changes.” #redsox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Follow

‏@PeteAbe
    Cherington: “If at some point, if production’s not there, you have to think about changes.” #redsox

[/QUOTE]

Is he going to wait until we are 12 games out to make those changes? I doubt it. I think he is there to view firsthand what urgent changes are needed. He is not a fool. He knows that the season hangs in the balance right now, not in two weeks, NOW. Cherington is not there just to take in a baseball game.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Not a new manager right?  I mean hes  not great

, but has little to work with, and yes I know it is stupid and too soon to dump a World Series winning manager,, but even I dont need to fly to Atlanta to see what is wrong with this team.  Perhaps to wake the sleeping players?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not the way he probably planned to spend the holiday. My guess is that he was ordered to get down there and report back on what is going on.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not the way he probably planned to spend the holiday. My guess is that he was ordered to get down there and report back on what is going on.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

i doubt he was "ordered."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   Is " ordered " too strong a word?  Okay. Maybe it was " suggested" . 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Really Roy? I think it's a little more urgent than you're alluding to...as usual

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

He is going to have to Clay, Sizemore, and Mejica that their services are no longer needed.  This needs to happen early this evening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is going to have to Clay, Sizemore, and Mejica that their services are no longer needed.  This needs to happen early this evening.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  Sizemore actually looks like he may be coming around. I would go a bit longer with him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Ben, can send people up and down from Pawtucket all day and night. If he can't find a trade partner soon it's all for nothing. They can't wait for the July deadline. You either play more kids or you start trading prospects. Do one thing and stick with it.. I'm afraid taking the off season off will put you in this spot at the end of may.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  Sizemore actually looks like he may be coming around. I would go a bit longer with him. 

[/QUOTE]

surely you jest?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Really Roy? I think it's a little more urgent than you're alluding to...as usual

[/QUOTE]

Who said it wasn't urgent. You're distorting things -- AS USUAL.

I'll           type             very            s   l   o   w  l  y         so       perhaps         you         can        understand            the                    words.

All I typed was "I doubt he was ordered."

How you twisted that into anything else is pathetic even for you.

Cherington knows what he's doing. He doesn't need Lucchino or Henry or anyone else to tell him when he needs to  travel with the team and when he doesn't.

If you really think that Cherington sits in his office at Fenway waiting for someone to tell him what to do, well ... words can't describe how idiotic that sentiment is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll           type             very            s   l   o   w  l  y         so       perhaps         you         can        understand            the                    words.

All I typed was "I doubt it was ordered."

Cherington knows what he's doing. He doesn't need Lucchino or Henry or anyone else to tell him when he needs to  travel with the team and when he doesn't.

If you really think that Cherington sits in his office at Fenway waiting for someone to tell him what to do, well ... words can't describe how idiotic that sentiment is.

[/QUOTE]

get your head out of your nether regions -this is the biggest losing streak in twenty years - and its obvious that Ben doesnt know what he's doing with this team (or its not working) hence the urgency...now go back to your nap Roy...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It's a business. In the business world, executives do get told what to do by their bosses. Nothing unusual about it. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

It's a business. In the business world, executives do get told what to do by their bosses. Nothing unusual about it. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

no.  in the real world, executives know what to do BEFORE being told by their bosses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

no.  in the real world, executives know what to do BEFORE being told by their bosses.

[/QUOTE]

I suspect its a little of each.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  I guess that depends on the executive. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All I typed was "I doubt it was ordered."

[/QUOTE]

get your head out of your nether regions -this is the biggest losing streak in twenty years - and its obvious that Ben doesnt know what he's doing with this team (or its not working) hence the urgency...now go back to your nap Roy...

[/QUOTE]

Typical response.

You realize how idiotic you're first response was so you just simply attack.

So this is the biggest losing streak in 20 years. No s-h-t Sherlock. Of course there's urgency. And of course that's why Cherinigton is traveling with the team. Since you evidently need it spelled out AGAIN -- Cherington didn't need to be ordered to travel. He actually thought of it all on his own.

Of course, you're rarely interested in having an reasonable conversation. You prefer to attack, name-call and distort other's positions, so it's no surprise you've done that here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I suspect its a little of each.

[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. Andrew and I actually agree on something.

You're right too. In the real world, there is a little of each. In this case, however, because of the way things are going I doubt Cherington needed to be ordered to go travel with the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].  I guess that depends on the executive. 

[/QUOTE]

sure, you can insert the word "effective" in there if you wish but I thought it was a given we weren't talking about the ineffective ones.  i do not want to be in the same class as brian cashman!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the point is that there's serious urgency - thats all i was saying Roy - sorry if i misunderstood

As always - 100% correct!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

John Henry--"Hey Ben, get off your butt and get down to Atlanta. This is not an order, just a suggestion. However, if you value your job, you might want to get down there. Look concerned; at least it will look like we're involved. I'll tell you, Ben, we just gave these idiots a World Series and they're still not happy. Btw, while you're down there, pick up something expensive for my trophy wife."

Sections
Shortcuts