Ben is an idiot GM

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Ben is an idiot GM

In response to georom4's comment:

signing papi for two years 25 mil is an EASY decision..only a GM frozen by indecision (ben's MO) would not pull the trigger here

Agreed.  That would be an easy decision.  But, do you really think Papi's camp is so willing to accept 2/25?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

signing papi for two years 25 mil is an EASY decision..only a GM frozen by indecision (ben's MO) would not pull the trigger here

Agreed.  That would be an easy decision.  But, do you really think Papi's camp is so willing to accept 2/25?  

he is worth 12.5 a yr NOW...if he wants 30 mil,,than give it to him..its two years for crissake...instead they offer him 13.2 for one yr...wth is the difference? is he going to die in the 2014 season? he came to camp in great shape last yr...he played like a boss, he still cares...hes a champ and icon, give him his dam 5 mil a yr raise and move on and sign some pitchers...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

he is worth 12.5 a yr NOW...if he wants 30 mil,,than give it to him..its two years for crissake...instead they offer him 13.2 for one yr...wth is the difference? is he going to die in the 2014 season? he came to camp in great shape last yr...he played like a boss, he still cares...hes a champ and icon, give him his dam 5 mil a yr raise and move on and sign some pitchers...

silly bear.  13.3 was the automatic, CBA mandated number for a qualifying offer.  They did that because they had to to get a draft pick if he bolts.  It has nothing to do with their actual negotiating offer.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Relax...it's done 2/26 with incentives that can reach 30 million...he was never going anywhere

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

Relax...it's done 2/26 with incentives that can reach 30 million...he was never going anywhere

i hope so...what a waste of time...we shouldve been lining up the free agents by now and hitting the ground running tomorrow morn...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

i hope so...what a waste of time...we shouldve been lining up the free agents by now and hitting the ground running tomorrow morn...

ridiculous.  You (we) have absolutely no idea right now how this particular deal has unfolded (other than it not happening as fast as you wanted it to) and we have absolutely no idea what the front office has been doing to line up its targets.  Zero.  And, if we did, THEN I would agree 100% that they are idiots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

ridiculous.  You (we) have absolutely no idea right now how this particular deal has unfolded (other than it not happening as fast as you wanted it to) and we have absolutely no idea what the front office has been doing to line up its targets.  Zero.  And, if we did, THEN I would agree 100% that they are idiots.

No no georom has Insider Info.

Which is really just my polite way of stating that he sometimes keeps his head stored in another body part.

(just kidding, geo.  lighten up)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Signing Big Papi is a risk.......  If he goes, it won't break my heart........  That is a tough injury for a 36-42 250lb baseball player !!!

http://youtu.be/1E74aX2PtAQ

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Signing Big Papi is a risk.......  If he goes, it won't break my heart........  That is a tough injury for a 36-42 250lb baseball player !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

In response to baddad's comment:

In response to 56redsox's comment:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to notin's comment:

No no georom has Insider Info.

Which is really just my polite way of stating that he sometimes keeps his head stored in another body part.

(just kidding, geo.  lighten up)

Actually, he has scars on his tongue from licking Bobby Valentine's boots.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Can someone explain to me the logic of lowballing an icon like papi for a TWO YEAR contract? What is to be gained? 5 Million? Apparently to Ben that is the magic number that allowed him to justify letting Paplebon walk, trading marco for, and now papi....

Ben hires Farrell (who i am not happy about considering his record and history as Franconas coat checker) but he is the antiValentine - he brings good vibes to a team that needs him. I think thats important for at least next season...so what does he do with this new direction & goodwill? He squanders it on the Papi talks....even if he ends up signing him he has lost momentum/support of all the players...if the sox cant respect papi and value him, who do they value?  Even worse, papi signs elsewhere....what is the message there to the fans and players? Papi was productive and very much in shape and motivated last yr. He was one of the few players to suck it up and support the manager (or at least not whine like a biotch).....im not one for rewarding past heroics, but Papi is asking for two years, not twenty....wake up gentle ben...

A bit premature, wouldn't you say?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ben cant even pull the trigger on this deal without reaching the deadline....i can just imagine the awesome free agent period thats about to commence....expect Lillibridge II the Sequel

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its not good enough that they signed him to a good deal, now it wasnt quick enough? Unbelieveable...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Geo - I'm not a big Ben fan (though I do believe he deserves a chance to prove himself unlike you and softy). That said I see you backtracking into style points, you don't get to do that. Ben got the deal with Papi done and both sides are happy. You have to give him credit for that as much as it might pain you. You don't get to move the goalposts all over the field when the facts don't support your narrative. 

As for this, " beleive the Sox owe him a debt of grattitude and should offer him a THREE year deal at $30M"

LOL yeah a gratitude contract, that's a great way to run a franchise.

How 'bout we deduct a year for how Papi disgraced himself and the franchise over PED usage and his whole "explanatoin is forthcoming" BS. Two years = very fair.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Its not good enough that they signed him to a good deal, now it wasnt quick enough? Unbelieveable...

Geo thinks we should've just offered him more to close the deal earlier.  I'd love to be the one selling Geo a used car.  I'd freeze him in a conference room for 10 minutes, and he'd write me a check for $5k over sticker.

Once again, another meaningless whine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

they signed him to a good deal? lol..they signed him to exactly the deal i said they would when the season was over....there was no mystery here - just Ben refusing to pull the trigger and move forward...god help[ us again this off season....expect more dumpster dives and marginal players added to the roster....joeyB of course will rave about these nonmoves as being shrewd...lol...

Breslow

Lillibridge

melancon

Bailey

Morteseon

Cook

instead of...Paps, Scutaro, Reddick, Albers......how much damage can one guy do in one year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

they signed him to a good deal? lol..they signed him to exactly the deal i said they would when the season was over....there was no mystery here - just Ben refusing to pull the trigger and move forward...god help[ us again this off season....expect more dumpster dives and marginal players added to the roster....joeyB of course will rave about these nonmoves as being shrewd...lol...

Breslow

Lillibridge

melancon

Bailey

Morteseon

Cook

instead of...Paps, Scutaro, Reddick, Albers......how much damage can one guy do in one year?

Try to stay on target.  This is a thread about Papi.

You started a thread to whine about a deal that was going to be finished on the same day you started your whine.  For a deal that approximated what everyone expected the deal to be signed for.  You're the only one that peed in your pants that he didn't sign a few hours earlier.

Just admit it.  You feel an uncontrollable urge to whine about something.  You're not alone.  It's like a disease.  Some people will just keep on looking until they find something to whine about.  If your job was 99.9% perfect, you'd be whining about how the coffee cups were set up.  If you hit the Lotto, you'd spend the next 20 years of your life complaining all the stress it is causing you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Can someone explain to me the logic of lowballing an icon like papi for a TWO YEAR contract? What is to be gained? 5 Million? Apparently to Ben that is the magic number that allowed him to justify letting Paplebon walk, trading marco for, and now papi....

Ben hires Farrell (who i am not happy about considering his record and history as Franconas coat checker) but he is the antiValentine - he brings good vibes to a team that needs him. I think thats important for at least next season...so what does he do with this new direction & goodwill? He squanders it on the Papi talks....even if he ends up signing him he has lost momentum/support of all the players...if the sox cant respect papi and value him, who do they value?  Even worse, papi signs elsewhere....what is the message there to the fans and players? Papi was productive and very much in shape and motivated last yr. He was one of the few players to suck it up and support the manager (or at least not whine like a biotch).....im not one for rewarding past heroics, but Papi is asking for two years, not twenty....wake up gentle ben...

The team has a lot of needs and although Papi may be an important part of the little offense we have left hes not a youngster anymore.  13mil plus incentives is about as much as any smart business man would pay Papi. 

I think Ben and company did the right thing not to overpay like we have with some FA's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Breslow

Lillibridge

melancon

Bailey

Morteseon

Cook

Breslow is better than Albers and is a lefty which allowed the Sox to use Morales as a starter, trading Scutaro freed up money to sign Ross, Bailey is an All-Star closer. Cook was a non roster invite.  Trase Youk let Will Middlebrooks play. All solid move in my book.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Breslow

Lillibridge

melancon

Bailey

Morteseon

Cook

Breslow is better than Albers and is a lefty which allowed the Sox to use Morales as a starter, trading Scutaro freed up money to sign Ross, Bailey is an All-Star closer. Cook was a non roster invite.  Trase Youk let Will Middlebrooks play. All solid move in my book.

Bobby v TRADed youk and started morales (ben refused to do either until he had no choice)...the other two things u said made me laugh out loud....ross replaced JD drew, not scutaro....time for a new excuse....ben is solid as gas

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts