Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen...

Lets add Beltran, IF Wilson is obtainable, great, if not,
    Bard becomes a starter and sign Madsen.

Contenders Again!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen...

Do not sign Beltran or Wilson or Madsen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I like it...........a lot!! Nice post hombre!

In Response to Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen...:
    [QUOTE]Lets add Beltran, IF Wilson is obtainable, great, if not, Bard becomes a starter and sign Madsen. Contenders Again!
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen...:
    [QUOTE]I like it...........a lot!! Nice post hombre! In Response to Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen... :
    Posted by Teakus[/QUOTE]

Carpe AL-Eastus!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Boston can add Beltran only they let Papi walks away from the organization.

For Madson, forget him!!  His asking price is too high already.  Marlins was the last team back away from his offer and signed Bell instead.  So therefore, Madson's goal is to get the next best closer's contract after Papelbon, Nathan, and Bell already signed with a new team.

Best solution is to make a trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Madson should only be a consideration if they are serious about moving Bard to the rotation.  Even then, i think there are cheaper and better options to close.

Beltran?  Meh.  I guess if Papi walks and Carlos will take short years and fair market price, maybe.  But I don't think they should throw serious money at him.  And i don't think he will take less than serious money.  I suppose the market may shrink for his services and his hand will be forced.  But, I don't see him worth more than 2 years at, say, 5-6 mil per. 

And Wilson will not be obtainable.  Not for whats in the Sox budget.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen...:
    [QUOTE]Madson should only be a consideration if they are serious about moving Bard to the rotation.  Even then, i think there are cheaper and better options to close. Beltran?  Meh.  I guess if Papi walks and Carlos will take short years and fair market price, maybe.  But I don't think they should throw serious money at him.  And i don't think he will take less than serious money.  I suppose the market may shrink for his services and his hand will be forced.  But, I don't see him worth more than 2 years at, say, 5-6 mil per.  And Wilson will not be obtainable.  Not for whats in the Sox budget.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  Plus Beltran stated that he prefer to play for a contender team. But right now there are not much contender teams that wanted him other than Boston.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

It's all about money.   Cherington has been told to look for low cost options to avoid paying luxury tax.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

worse thing the Phillies ever did was making that ridiculous offer to Madson, then back out. now he and his agent seem to still feel he is worth 4 years at 40+, thanks but no thanks on that one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Phillies probably did that so that nobody would sign him and they could walk in the back door...offer him a nice contract and make the Madsen/Paps combo a devastating 1-2 punch for them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Well, we shed Paps $$$ already, Madsen is younger and posstbly better... Carlos would be worth the loss of Papi since he is a posttion player, has speed and can easily DH and hit HRs at oir above the Papi level if healthy. These two moves would be simple and straightforward...and address our needs well without 3 team circus dealing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Beltran would only replace Drew on the DL. Madsen is a nice setup guy but we are looking for a closer and a cheap one at that. Wilson wants Sabathia money! Here's the best we can hope for as Sox fans, Frankie Rodriguez or a trade with Oakiland for Bailey, A journeyman OF like Cuddyer or Willingham,and name a retread starter. Though the Sox could look internally and make Bard or Aceves a starter,I think they are lacking as far as closers internally are concerned,but who knows maybe Jenks recovers and is able too return to his former self.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

In Response to Ben, Please add Beltran and Wilson or Madsen...:
    [QUOTE]Lets add Beltran, IF Wilson is obtainable, great, if not, Bard becomes a starter and sign Madsen. Contenders Again!
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]
    Can you say, Luxury Tax? Do not expect anything big because of this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

OK, luxury tax! Said it.NOW we can say say

BYE PAPI and PAPELBON =

spare dollar headroom to sign Beltran AND Madsen.

Sections
Shortcuts