Ben, tell us that Stevie Drew "WILL NOT BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS" !!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Ben, tell us that Stevie Drew

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

The fact nobody has signed this dude to what "he wants" shows how un-valuable he is. We would have won with Iggy just as easily. over rated 

You have no clue what youre talking about in terms of what he wants being the reason he isnt signed yet.  Did you ever think that the team that signs him would lose a first round pick and maybe thats the biggest reason for not being signed??  Your hatred for him is pretty comical and shows you didnt watch much of the season this year otherwise you would have seen a lot of clucth hits and really good defense.

Yes, BORA$$  & DREW make quite a pair.....  Its all $$$$$$  The fact that DREW is making the Sox wait, is like Macarthur making Truman wait @ Wake Island !!   I don't want this attitude on my team !!!

So because he hasn't signed by the date you think he should, he has a bad attitude? Does this apply to all free agents still un-signed?

You started the thread off saying you didn't want him, but now he's a jerk for "making the Sox wait"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

The fact nobody has signed this dude to what "he wants" shows how un-valuable he is. We would have won with Iggy just as easily. over rated 

sorry but Iggy's errors during the ALCS were an imperative part of us winning the series...

We wouldn't have won unless Iggy was on the Tigers.    Seriously...who cares about Iggy? regardless I am fine with Bogarts and Middlebrooks.  Drew can move on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Yes but that was after the regular season in which Iggy hit infield singles for two month then nothing. Drew vs Iggy could have put the Red Sox closer to Tampa Bay.

I wouldn't say .259 with the Tigers was "nothing", and I do remember most posters here saying they'd be happy with .260 from Iggy due to his superior range and defense at SS.

Would you, right now, trade Peavy for Iggy?

No.

But this board overvalues Iggy so much it is laughable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

You have no clue what youre talking about in terms of what he wants being the reason he isnt signed yet.  Did you ever think that the team that signs him would lose a first round pick and maybe thats the biggest reason for not being signed??  Your hatred for him is pretty comical and shows you didnt watch much of the season this year otherwise you would have seen a lot of clucth hits and really good defense.

Yes, BORA$$  & DREW make quite a pair.....  Its all $$$$$$  The fact that DREW is making the Sox wait, is like Macarthur making Truman wait @ Wake Island !!   I don't want this attitude on my team !!!

doo·fus  (dfs)

n.  pl.  doo·fus·es  SlangAn incompetent, foolish, or stupid person.

You don't want professional baseball players on your team?  Fine, I'm sure the Watertown Master Batters from the Can't Touch My Toes Slow-Pitch Softball League would be happy to play for nothing.  But virtually all professional athletes want to maximise their income, as do many people in this sad, greedy world.

I'm sure you've been told, and am equally sure you've forgotten, that Bogaerts and Bradley are Boras clients. D00fus.

So, the fact that the rest of MLB has not made an offer does not tell you something about his VALUE ???  I wouldn't take him back now even at 5MIL per year......  MOVEON.BORA$$

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

So, the fact that the rest of MLB has not made an offer does not tell you something about his VALUE ???  I wouldn't take him back now even at 5MIL per year......  MOVEON.BORA$$

Softy's guy Kendrys Morales is still unsigned too.  What are you trying to say about Softy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

All things considered, I'd probably let Drew walk and take the pick, but it continually amazes me just how many posters are convinced that the guy is a bum for some reason. Don't tell me it's because of his hitting in the playoffs...there is a certain group that had it out for him all season long.

Forget his defense...offensively he had one of the most productive seasons by any SS in MLB outside of the Tulo/Han-Ram class. To say you wouldn't take him for a mere $5 million (or, as one unnamed poster did during the regular season, that no MLB GM would be stupid enough to give him a starting job in 2014) is sheer idiocy. If he could be had for $5 million I'd not only take that deal and run with it but would propose a cheap long-term contract for Xander while Boras is still under the influence of whatever he's been smoking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

All things considered, I'd probably let Drew walk and take the pick, but it continually amazes me just how many posters are convinced that the guy is a bum for some reason. Don't tell me it's because of his hitting in the playoffs...there is a certain group that had it out for the guy all season long.

Forget his defense...offensively he had one of the most productive seasons by any SS in MLB outside of the Tulo/Han-Ram class. To say you wouldn't take him for a mere $5 million (or, as one unnamed poster did during the regular season, that no MLB GM would be stupid enough to give him a starting job in 2014) is sheer idiocy. If he could be had for $5 million I'd not only take that deal and run with it but would propose a cheap long-term contract for Xander while Boras is still under the influence of whatever he's been smoking.

It actually looks like alot of people do not want Drew back because they think if he isn't, Iglesias will somehow be the starting shortstop again.  Otherwise, there really was no reason to ever mention Iglesias in this thread.

People, Iglesais is gone. You need to move on.  He's off dating someone else now, and is not waiting for you to call.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Yes, BORA$$  & DREW make quite a pair.....  Its all $$$$$$  The fact that DREW is making the Sox wait, is like Macarthur making Truman wait @ Wake Island !!   I don't want this attitude on my team !!!

[/QUOTE]

doo·fus  (dfs)

You don't want professional baseball players on your team?  Fine, I'm sure the Watertown Master Batters from the Can't Touch My Toes Slow-Pitch Softball League would be happy to play for nothing.  But virtually all professional athletes want to maximise their income, as do many people in this sad, greedy world.

I'm sure you've been told, and am equally sure you've forgotten, that Bogaerts and Bradley are Boras clients. D00fus.

[/QUOTE]So, the fact that the rest of MLB has not made an offer does not tell you something about his VALUE ???  I wouldn't take him back now even at 5MIL per year......  MOVEON.BORA$$

[/QUOTE]

Einstein, how, exactly, do you know that they have received no offers?  Can you really be so dvmb to not realise that their asking price might be high in terms of dollars and/or years (as it should be) and that the draft pick compensation is an issue?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

doo·fus  (dfs)

Einstein, how, exactly, do you know that they have received no offers?  Can you really be so dvmb to not realise that their asking price might be high in terms of dollars and/or years (as it should be) and that the draft pick compensation is an issue?

Thank you "old wise one"  !!   I think that you just answered your own question .........  There must be a T-BALL team out there that could use a wise  G M !!   Merry Christmas !!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Time to move on from this BORA$$ connection !!!!    What say you, all you smart baseball people ??????

Bill, 

You and Ench couldn't be more wrong on this one. Granted Drew wasn't great on offense but he was still in the top five of short stop and played solid if not great defense during the season and over the top defense in the post season. As to why he's not signed yet, BorASS is trying to get top dollar and clubs will not pay out what BorASS is going for. In retrospect we did over pay Drew last year but in this age of way over inflated salaries in MLB that's going to happen. I for one hope we resign Drew for 2-3 years.

Hetch  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Time to move on from this BORA$$ connection !!!!    What say you, all you smart baseball people ??????

Bill, 

You and Ench couldn't be more wrong on this one. Granted Drew wasn't great on offense but he was still in the top five of short stop and played solid if not great defense during the season and over the top defense in the post season. As to why he's not signed yet, BorASS is trying to get top dollar and clubs will not pay out what BorASS is going for. In retrospect we did over pay Drew last year but in this age of way over inflated salaries in MLB that's going to happen. I for one hope we resign Drew for 2-3 years.

Hetch  

I hear what you are saying ......  I just can't stand the idea that the Sox would sign a 260+- hitter that gets in the way of the home grown players......  Bogaerts by all accounts can play the position and has displayed that he can hit with "pop" in the bat from the all important right side in Fenway Paaaak ...... I see Drew as a "stop gap" for last year that played well & was paid very,very,very well at 10MIL .....  Now is the time to move on.....  There is still the question of Middlebrooks and what Ben wants to do with some of the Veteran pitchers........ OBTW,  Again, there is not much chatter coming from other teams for DREW  !!!

Bill, 

Hetch  

[/QUOTE]I hear what you are saying ......  I just can't stand the idea that the Sox would sign a 260+- hitter that gets in the way of the home grown players......  Bogaerts by all accounts can play the position and has displayed that he can hit with "pop" in the bat from the all important right side in Fenway Paaaak ...... I see Drew as a "stop gap" for last year that played well & was paid very,very,very well at 10MIL .....  Now is the time to move on.....  There is still the question of Middlebrooks and what Ben wants to do with some of the Veteran pitchers........ OBTW,  Again, there is not much chatter coming from other teams for DREW  !!!
    [/QUOTE]

Bill, 

You're missing the point. Signing Drew is not getting in the way of Boggy starting at shortstop. And who cares if Drew is a homegrown talent or not. That has little to nothing to do with the issue. No one doubts that Boggy can field the position, probably hit well with more pop than Drew, yet you touch on it yet miss the point. If Middy can't hit well enough he goes to the bench and Boggy goes back to third. Untill Middlebrooks proves he can hit major league pitching well enough Bogaert's permanant position will be up in the air.

As far as folks climbing down your back like myself, when you post inane remarks that are meaningless like you don't want that attitude on your team. That my friend, no insult intended, is a dumb comment. There was nothing wrong with Drew's attitude. He comes to play every day and is a team player. You need to think before you write foolish comments.  

Hetch  

Bill, 

Hetch  

I hear what you are saying ......  I just can't stand the idea that the Sox would sign a 260+- hitter that gets in the way of the home grown players......  Bogaerts by all accounts can play the position and has displayed that he can hit with "pop" in the bat from the all important right side in Fenway Paaaak ...... I see Drew as a "stop gap" for last year that played well & was paid very,very,very well at 10MIL .....  Now is the time to move on.....  There is still the question of Middlebrooks and what Ben wants to do with some of the Veteran pitchers........ OBTW,  Again, there is not much chatter coming from other teams for DREW  !!!

Bill, 

You're missing the point. Signing Drew is not getting in the way of Boggy starting at shortstop. And who cares if Drew is a homegrown talent or not. That has little to nothing to do with the issue. No one doubts that Boggy can field the position, probably hit well with more pop than Drew, yet you touch on it yet miss the point. If Middy can't hit well enough he goes to the bench and Boggy goes back to third. Untill Middlebrooks proves he can hit major league pitching well enough Bogaert's permanant position will be up in the air.

Hetch  

• My point is that Ben will not bring Drew back for/with a crazy contract of $$$$ & YEARS......  And as I have said, Middlebrooks has VALUE.....  If they start the season with Boggy @ SS and Middy @ 3rd I will be OK with that.........  We know what DREW brings & I don't think that it is worth fooling around with the left side for another year or beyond !!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

My point is that Ben will not bring Drew back for/with a crazy contract of $$$$ & YEARS......  And as I have said, Middlebrooks has VALUE.....  If they start the season with Boggy @ SS and Middy @ 3rd I will be OK with that.........

Right, and if Middy stinks it up at the plate like he did last year, you'll be one of the first ones screaming to get him out of there. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

doo·fus  (dfs)

Thank you "old wise one"  !!   I think that you just answered your own question .........  There must be a T-BALL team out there that could use a wise  G M !!   Merry Christmas !!!

Wrong again, as usual, d00fus.  And evasive.  Again:  how do you know they have received no offers?  Answer that!  Re value, you do not know what they are asking and you do not know what they have been offered so what possible conclusion could you come to about his value?  Answer:  none, unless one is a d00fus making an assumption based simply on the fact he hasn't signed yet.  Pathetic.

doo·fus  (dfs)

Wrong again, as usual, d00fus.  And evasive.  Again:  how do you know they have received no offers?  Answer that!  Re value, you do not know what they are asking and you do not know what they have been offered so what possible conclusion could you come to about his value?  Answer:  none, unless one is a d00fus making an assumption based simply on the fact he hasn't signed yet.  Pathetic.

Lets seeeeee, start with the obvious one..... NOT SIGNED ....... No conversation coming from the market.........Market will set value at some point....... The board needs to ask you, what is your assumption on where this goes????  Also, my question to you, you do understand how free agency works ????

Bill, 

Hetch  

Bill, 

Hetch  

My point is that Ben will not bring Drew back for/with a crazy contract of $$$$ & YEARS......  And as I have said, Middlebrooks has VALUE.....  If they start the season with Boggy @ SS and Middy @ 3rd I will be OK with that.........  We know what DREW brings & I don't think that it is worth fooling around with the left side for another year or beyond !!

Bill, 

You still evade the real issue. What happens if Middlebrooks cannot hit major league pitching. Are you then going to pull a rabbit out of your hat in a shortstop somehow or better a third baseman. 

Hetch

Bill, 

Hetch  

Bill, 

Hetch  

My point is that Ben will not bring Drew back for/with a crazy contract of $$$$ & YEARS......  And as I have said, Middlebrooks has VALUE.....  If they start the season with Boggy @ SS and Middy @ 3rd I will be OK with that.........  We know what DREW brings & I don't think that it is worth fooling around with the left side for another year or beyond !!

Bill, 

You still evade the real issue. What happens if Middlebrooks cannot hit major league pitching. Are you then going to pull a rabbit out of your hat in a shortstop somehow or better a third baseman. 

Hetch

Hetch,     Here goes .......  Middy can hit, he cn hit with power, he has shown that he can hit.....  I think that at times with all the expectations & chatter around him he has shown a CONFIDENCE problem .......  That being said, I will take his bat over drews 90% of the time......... Ben his holding on to this "card" for a bit.....  Who knows, he could end up in a "package" for a slugger or he could end up running off with Jenny, JENNY DELL and joining Forrest,FORREST GUMP on the shrimp boats !!!!  Merry Christmas Hetch, I do enjoy the back & forth !!!

Bill, 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]Hetch,     Here goes .......  Middy can hit, he cn hit with power, he has shown that he can hit.....  I think that at times with all the expectations & chatter around him he has shown a CONFIDENCE problem .......  That being said, I will take his bat over drews 90% of the time......... Ben his holding on to this "card" for a bit.....  Who knows, he could end up in a "package" for a slugger or he could end up running off with Jenny, JENNY DELL and joining Forrest,FORREST GUMP on the shrimp boats !!!!  Merry Christmas Hetch, I do enjoy the back & forth !!!
    [/QUOTE]

Bill, 

You were doing okay with me until you started up with the Jenny thing again. You let it go long ago. Please let it go again. 

Merry Christmas to you, 

Hetch

Bill, 

Hetch

Hetch,     Here goes .......  Middy can hit, he cn hit with power, he has shown that he can hit.....  I think that at times with all the expectations & chatter around him he has shown a CONFIDENCE problem .......  That being said, I will take his bat over drews 90% of the time......... Ben his holding on to this "card" for a bit.....  Who knows, he could end up in a "package" for a slugger or he could end up running off with Jenny, JENNY DELL and joining Forrest,FORREST GUMP on the shrimp boats !!!!  Merry Christmas Hetch, I do enjoy the back & forth !!!

Bill, 

You were doing okay with me until you started up with the Jenny thing again. You let it go long ago. Please let it go again. 

Merry Christmas to you, 

Hetch

hETCH, please stop telling me what to do !!  That is (telling what to do) a very lib/left thing to do.......  Heck Hetch, it wasn't me that posted about Jenny, JENNY DELL running around with Will Middlebrooks (lucky guy) ..............

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Teams value draft picks, so I'm sure that is playing into some teams deciding not to offer Drew a contract or to lessen their offer by the value of the draft choice.

Had Drew not received the qualifying offer, I think he'd have many offers.

If the Yankees had the stones to move Jeter to 2B, Drew would be playing for them next year.

Teams value draft picks, so I'm sure that is playing into some teams deciding not to offer Drew a contract or to lessen their offer by the value of the draft choice.

If the Yankees had the stones to move Jeter to 2B, Drew would be playing for them next year.

Dat a boy MOON....... Just in time for Christmas...... IF, IFS & BUTTS WERE CANDY & NUTS, DREW would be signed by now !!!

Moon, 

Somehow I forgot about that draft pick. It is almost assured that that is the reason Drew hasn't been signed by now. As for Bill he's been hitting the bubbly well before New Years. 

Have a great and Merry Christmas !!

Hetch

• Sections
    Shortcuts