BenC--be aggressive--be unpredictable.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BenC--be aggressive--be unpredictable.

Blockbuster trade with Indians: you know Francona would love to have Pedroia: we would like Masterson back.

Send :    Pedroia, Bailey, Ranaudo, Lackey, Salty, Ellsbury and Cash to the Indians.

We get:   Masterson, Choo, Kipnis, Perez, Santana and a AA top pitching prospect.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: BenC--be aggressive--be unpredictable.

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Blockbuster trade with Indians: you know Francona would love to have Pedroia: we would like Masterson back.

Send :    Pedroia, Bailey, Ranaudo, Lackey, Salty, Ellsbury and Cash to the Indians.

We get:   Masterson, Choo, Kipnis, Perez, Santana and a AA top pitching prospect.

Don't forget BOLD !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Be VERY VERY SMART

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Maybe now we trade for Hanley

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Whats this we s**t...I dont want Masterson back...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I believe in keeping a core of players for a number of years together if possible...You will always have to change up certain positions, but if a core group of guys play together for a good period of time it builds a foundation, which important to any team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

No thank you to Masterson.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

yeah, like hiring john farrell. real aggressive and definitely unpredictable. and very smart.*

*sarcasm

Sarcasm appreciated.  However, smart in the case of manager is always much less a sure bet than with players.  And, as far as managerial acquisition goes, I'll settle for safe bet.  Last year was enough aggressive and unpredictable for me thank you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

No thank you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Be aggressive,be unpredictible,be bold and dance like no one is watching  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

BenC don't be aggressive or unpredictable.

Be patient don't trade away prospects, stock picks (bye bye Ells), grow thick skin (bridge years are acceptable), don't pay for past performance in FA, and think long term.  Most of all learn from your moronic sign Crawford input.

Sickels top 166 prospects: Red Sox  10

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Radical idea:

Red Sox get: Justin Upton, Ike Davis

Mets get: Jacoby Ellsbury

D-backs get: a ton of prospects from both BOS and NYM

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

Radical idea:

No way The Mets would take 1 year of Ells AND give up more prospects and give up years of control of a 25yr old power hitter. And No way in HE!! I would trade valueable prospects for an inconsistent and over rated Justin Upton.

The Sox would say bye bye to Bogaerts and Bradley..Probably one of Barnes/Webster or Rubby D also...No way no way no way...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

It is a trade proposal and I think it stinks.  First of all, I don't want Masterson back either.  He hasn't gotten better; either stagnated or gone backwards.  Santana?  A total underachiever who has a bad attitude and is reputed to be a sulker and lazy Kipnis couldn't carry Pedroia's jock either in the field or at the plate and Choo is a LH hitter and we are too loaded with them already.  Perez might be worth a shot but not the others----and look who we are giving them.  Pedroia must not be traded period because we won't get back quality for him unless it's a ace but what ace will be traded to us?  And who would replace Pedroia at second?  Kipnis?  We replace an All Star with a mediocrity  As bad as Satalamacchia faded he still showed more power than Santana.  Then we trade Ellsbury as well?  Bad trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

It is a trade proposal and I think it stinks.  First of all, I don't want Masterson back either.  He hasn't gotten better; either stagnated or gone backwards.  Santana?  A total underachiever who has a bad attitude and is reputed to be a sulker and lazy Kipnis couldn't carry Pedroia's jock either in the field or at the plate and Choo is a LH hitter and we are too loaded with them already.  Perez might be worth a shot but not the others----and look who we are giving them.  Pedroia must not be traded period because we won't get back quality for him unless it's a ace but what ace will be traded to us?  And who would replace Pedroia at second?  Kipnis?  We replace an All Star with a mediocrity  As bad as Satalamacchia faded he still showed more power than Santana.  Then we trade Ellsbury as well?  Bad trade.

Sometimes i think Mad thinks hes playing a video game or is drinking with some of these proposals. No disrespect to him as I appreciate his enthusiasm, but this one is orgainzational suicide... we send 3 All-Stars, which includes the heart and soul of this team for a couple kids, underachievers, and PT players? Oh, AND we give them cash too? *SMH*    o.O

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think Lester has thrown his last pitch in Boston. He needs a different voice-maybe it's Farrell--but I think John should be traded for someone else that has struggled. I would prefer to keep Lackey and trade Lester. Perhaps Lester for James McDonald. Lester had a bad first half and slightly better second, McDonald had a bad second half after an excellent first.

I would spend money on Haren--not Grienke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Okay so my Sox-Indians Blockbuster met with little enthusiasm. I still like Masterson and I'd like him back in Boston. Pedroia might be happier with Francona than he will be in Boston with JF-just my opinion- if he made the comments about Farrell last week-he can say nice things now but if the thoughts were his, trade him this offseason for someone or something really good.

Looks like the  same old, same old,  lineup: how does this sound...

Ells, Pedroia, Ross, Ortiz, Middlebrooks, Salty, Kalish, Gomez and Iggy.

Rotation:

Buch, Lester, Lackey, Doubrount, Morales

Pen:

Bailey, Melancon, Tazawa, Atch, Miller, Hill, Aceves

That inspires me to think of October baseball...NOT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to bgomez's comment:

Radical idea:

Would love to see RS acquire Davis from Mets. But Mets would never take Ells, Alderson doesn't want any part of trying to make a deal w/ Boras. As for Upton, I'm tired of people wanting this guy because he has a ton of potential, what it would take to get him from D'Backs in terms of prospects would not be worth it. Does he ever live up to his potential. Remember Wily Mo Pena had a ton of potential. While Upton is much better player than Pena, it's going to take a lot more than B.Arroyo [who we never should have traded].

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I'm concerned about BenC's wait and see, laid back approach. It's not a trait that I feel is appealing about him

I'm in hopes he has a list of potential FA's that he's ready to pursuit. Tori Hunter is a good clubhouse guy and would be a great example for some of the young guys. I would like to see him signed instead of Ross.

Dan Haren and Shaun Marcum are  pitchers I would be looking to sign.

I would like to see him clearing out the players that are not going to be retained and to have some rooom on the 40 to pick players up that may be able to help more than what we have.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why is softy begging to re sign Obama??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I was pretty sure softy was a liberal....  I knew he was a moron!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Softy!   PLEASE stop talking about Obama!!!!   You make those like me, Republicans solidly on the far right of center fiscally, & moderately right of center socially, embarrassed to be remotely aligned with the clear nut jobs like you in our party.  I get sick to my stomach to be lumped with the likes of you, & anyone like you.  You consistently sound like a brain dead partisan ideologue!  Just tell people you're voting for Obama, & you might shift a few hundred votes to Romney!

What a pathetic loser!

Sections
Shortcuts