BenC--be aggressive--be unpredictable.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: BenC--be aggressive--be unpredictable.

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm concerned about BenC's wait and see, laid back approach. It's not a trait that I feel is appealing about him

I'm in hopes he has a list of potential FA's that he's ready to pursuit. Tori Hunter is a good clubhouse guy and would be a great example for some of the young guys. I would like to see him signed instead of Ross.

Dan Haren and Shaun Marcum are  pitchers I would be looking to sign.

I would like to see him clearing out the players that are not going to be retained and to have some rooom on the 40 to pick players up that may be able to help more than what we have.

[/QUOTE]

I think BC has a solid plan. What he says to the media should be very little as to what those plans are besides the obvious.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm concerned about BenC's wait and see, laid back approach. It's not a trait that I feel is appealing about him

I'm in hopes he has a list of potential FA's that he's ready to pursuit. Tori Hunter is a good clubhouse guy and would be a great example for some of the young guys. I would like to see him signed instead of Ross.

I would like to see him clearing out the players that are not going to be retained and to have some rooom on the 40 to pick players up that may be able to help more than what we have.

[/QUOTE]

I think BC has a solid plan. What he says to the media should be very little as to what those plans are besides the obvious.

[/QUOTE]

So you feel Ben has a plan--what do you think his plan is for:

1 B

LF/ RF

SS

Starting Pitchers

Trades/ signings...

I would hope someplace he has a wish list prioritizing needs...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you feel Ben has a plan--what do you think his plan is for:

1 B

LF/ RF

SS

Starting Pitchers

Trades/ signings...

I would hope someplace he has a wish list prioritizing needs...

[/QUOTE]

I would think he has a list of players needed at each position in order of most desirable and attainable. Farrell could add to this list as well. Im sure BC will be receiving calls inquiring about their players also.

All GM's, i would suspect, have their offseason plans, to some extent, mapped out.

I also believe he will "kick the tires" on a number of players whether through FA or trade.

He already has the manager position filled and is currently talking with papi's representatives. Ross and the Sox will probably begin talking soon to see if there is a deal there to be had, if not already.

I could name a list of players, but Im sure most of them have already been listed throughout this forum. I think BC will have a few surprises this winter with all the flexibility from the 250mm of payroll off the books...Should get pretty interesting during the "Hot Stove" season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Another option to play 1 B--Billy Butler. It might take giving up a pretty good prospect or two.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Another option to play 1 B--Billy Butler. It might take giving up a pretty good prospect or two.

[/QUOTE]

Butler and a couple more guys from KC should be available from what Im reading. It would cost some bodies, but could be very well worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I get the impression southpaw you think Ben has things under control.

Was Peavy in the plan--yes--probably a 3 year deal that rookie GM Hahn made.

Edwin Jackson--Kuroda--Marcum--Sanchez--Haren--Dempster--these guys are out there--what will Ben do? Act ASAP or wait--they should be on Ben's top 6 ...

My thought is target one of these and get him.

My concern is Ben goes to the lower tier pitchers again this off-season:

Blanton, Baker, Feldman, Guthrie, McCarthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I get the impression southpaw you think Ben has things under control.

Was Peavy in the plan--yes--probably a 3 year deal that rookie GM Hahn made.

Edwin Jackson--Kuroda--Marcum--Sanchez--Haren--Dempster--these guys are out there--what will Ben do? Act ASAP or wait--they should be on Ben's top 6 ...

My thought is target one of these and get him.

My concern is Ben goes to the lower tier pitchers again this off-season:

Blanton, Baker, Feldman, Guthrie, McCarthy.

[/QUOTE]

i expect he will sign one of the bigger names and 1 low-cost, high risk-high reward type pitcher.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Ben ----the KC Royals pick up Santana for a minor league prospect.

Ben is Santana better than some of our front line prospective starters? The answer is YES.

Yes he is better than Doubrount and whoever will be the #5 starter. There will be more movement in the next week--we need to be in on some of these moves and signings.

It's like the Sox management feels that Cook, Sweeney, Nava and Kalish are really good and irreplaceable. There are players being released and players declaring FA that are as good if not better than some of the players on our 40. Cook is not tradeable. Sweeney took a swing at a defenseless object and missed 1/2 the season--Nava and Kalish are younger and better than he is. Loney should be released--who is going to sign him to a major league deal--at best he will sign a minor league contract or go to Japan.

Ben show us what you've got ---the Hot Stove is heating up--let's stoke the fire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

Ben is Santana better than some of our front line prospective starters? The answer is YES.

Yes he is better than Doubrount and whoever will be the #5 starter. There will be more movement in the next week--we need to be in on some of these moves and signings.

It's like the Sox management feels that Cook, Sweeney, Nava and Kalish are really good and irreplaceable. There are players being released and players declaring FA that are as good if not better than some of the players on our 40. Cook is not tradeable. Sweeney took a swing at a defenseless object and missed 1/2 the season--Nava and Kalish are younger and better than he is. Loney should be released--who is going to sign him to a major league deal--at best he will sign a minor league contract or go to Japan.

Ben show us what you've got ---the Hot Stove is heating up--let's stoke the fire.

[/QUOTE]

Madmc,

I admire your passion, but a couple of things:

Aaron Cook is a free agent

Sweeney is 2 and a half years younger than Nava (pretty irrelevant as neither will start for Sox in 2013).  Kalish won't either, unless he has a spring training for the ages.

There isn't a G.M. in baseball who would trade Lester or Buchholz straight up for Ervin Santana, so not sure how you think he is better than our top of the rotation pitchers. 

You can't sign a free agent from another team yet

Loney doesn't have to be released.  He is a free agent who won't be back next year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mac, let me let you in on a little secret that many on this board seem totally unaware of.....CHERINGTON IS A TOTAL MISFIT AND INCOMPETENT!!!!!!!!  He was quoted as saying that he was going to hit the ground running when the season was over.  Four weeks to the day later we still haven't  even picked a full coaching staff---and now we see that pitchers are flying off the FA and trading boards while Bennyboob is barely crawling into place.   The guy is risk averse, scared of his shadow to make a move, a total misfit lacking in GM prowess and daring and you will see  that by the end of next season most of the people on this board are going to be asking why we ever hired this bum.

Look at what he is doing now.  Ortiz still hasn't signed a contract; they are far apart on money, but consider this.  There is less market for him that there is for Cody Ross, who at least can play defense and run a little---and apparently is not injury prone.  Yet we stand a good chance of losing Ross because Bennyboob is dallying by the wayside, unable to act with vigor and determination.  He even talks of bringing back the miserable and worthless James baLoney to play first base when it is reported that he has absolutely no team interested in signing him.

I really don't expect anything good to come from Cherington this winter, sad to say because the guy is a total incompetent.  He needs to be fired where he can go to Chicago and be one of Epstein's gofers again.  T hat is all he seems to be good for.  What a waste.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The Jays just solidified a spot well ahead of the Sox today picking up Reyes and Buehrle and others.

Ben you are too slow on the trigger--I'm sorry to say you will continue to be too slow on the trigger as long as you procrastinate. Do you realize that you don't need to worry about losing players good moves,bad moves---nobody in RS nation is going to get upset if you trade Salty, Lester, Pedroia, Ortiz, etc. etc.etc. Just do something-be aggressive be unpredictable be yourself--TAKE ACTION NOW. You do realize we haven't won a playoff game in four years AND WE'VE HAD MUCH THE SAME PERSONNEL--I AM PREDICTING IT WILL BE 5 YEARS IF YOU CONTINUE YOUR BEHAVIOR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Ben should have been fired when Theo left for Chicago. His trades have been atrocious with the exception of Cody Ross and he is not coming back in 2013. you would have to be naive to think that he was the engineer of that Dodgers salary dump, that had Luchinno's fingerprints all over it.

[QUOTE]

The Jays just solidified a spot well ahead of the Sox today picking up Reyes and Buehrle and others.

Ben you are too slow on the trigger--I'm sorry to say you will continue to be too slow on the trigger as long as you procrastinate. Do you realize that you don't need to worry about losing players good moves,bad moves---nobody in RS nation is going to get upset if you trade Salty, Lester, Pedroia, Ortiz, etc. etc.etc. Just do something-be aggressive be unpredictable be yourself--TAKE ACTION NOW. You do realize we haven't won a playoff game in four years AND WE'VE HAD MUCH THE SAME PERSONNEL--I AM PREDICTING IT WILL BE 5 YEARS IF YOU CONTINUE YOUR BEHAVIOR.

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Ben should have been fired when Theo left for Chicago. His trades have been atrocious with the exception of Cody Ross and he is not coming back in 2013. you would have to be naive to think that he was the engineer of that Dodgers salary dump, that had Luchinno's fingerprints all over it. lillibridge, Stewart, Sweeney, Bailey, Cooke, Bard to the starting rotation. Someone has no clue either him or Luchinno

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

No way would I trade pedroia, All star 2nd baseman are hard to find.  The only thing indians have that would help us is A.  Cabrera, choo and maybe Santana, that's it.  Cabrera is one I would go after.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sorry Mad, your DEAD WRONG on that one...Dont get all worked up with what fred says.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bigdog1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way would I trade pedroia, All star 2nd baseman are hard to find.  The only thing indians have that would help us is A.  Cabrera, choo and maybe Santana, that's it.  Cabrera is one I would go after.

[/QUOTE]

Hes nothing special. especially for what the Tribe would be asking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

southie---Fred makes sense--I don't like using the word incompetent buut he's over his head.

He is more worried about the minor coaching moves and debating over whether to sign JBay- and should it be LaRo or Nap at 1 b.

Tell me southie or anyone on this board --"WHAT IS BEN'S PLAN?"---it's almost like his plan is to get a top 10draft pick in 2014 like his top 10 in 2013.-----Those are not goals shared by Sox fans.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

By the end of December, Red Sox fans are going to be like; "Wow....What was I thinking...." WE HAVE TIME, FOLKS!!!! THE FUN HASN'T REALLY STARTED YET!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

You do realize its November 14th right

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Nick CafardoNick Cafardo@nickcafardo

Source: Red Sox made a push for both Jose Reyes and Josh Johnson, but Jays just blew Marlins away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Blockbuster trade with Indians: you know Francona would love to have Pedroia: we would like Masterson back.

Send :    Pedroia, Bailey, Ranaudo, Lackey, Salty, Ellsbury and Cash to the Indians.

We get:   Masterson, Choo, Kipnis, Perez, Santana and a AA top pitching prospect.

At first i thought you said sox would like  to have Masterson back??

[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts