BenC you've seen all but Xander at the MLB level, now's the time...Today...this weekend.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

BenC you've seen all but Xander at the MLB level, now's the time...Today...this weekend.

I'm not necessariry a now or never Xander fan but logic says it's time.

Holt has not been involved for a while, he's insurance. Xander can do everything Holt can do plus get pitchers a little concerned when his name comes up on the lineup card. I would send Holt to AAA, DFA Beato, put XBo on the 40 and have him in Boston to face Pettite tonight playing SS.

Tomorrow play him at third against Kuroda and Sun. back at SS against CC. If he passes the test take him to the West Coast.

What happens if we continue to waste good pitching performances like Peavy's and Lester's the last two nights with 15-20 runners left in scoring position. I'm not saying Xman is the answer but he provides more of a threat with his mere presence than Holt, WMB, Lava and Drew.  Granted Drew was robbed of three hits in the last couple of days. 

You need a spark of life---people are thinking about 2011--change the pattern--it's very simple three  chess moves to set up the match. Do it BenC and JF or you could copy Maddon and bring in a python into the clubhouse---pull Xander out of the hat tonight while he's hot---what do you have to lose Pedro Beato for Xander---any GM makes that trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: BenC you've seen all but Xander at the MLB level, now's the time...Today...this weekend.

Agree, he's hitting .300. Go with one less pitcher.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: BenC you've seen all but Xander at the MLB level, now's the time...Today...this weekend.

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Holt has not been involved for a while, he's insurance. Xander can do everything Holt can do plus get pitchers a little concerned when his name comes up on the lineup card. I would send Holt to AAA, DFA Beato, put XBo on the 40 and have him in Boston to face Pettite tonight playing SS.

Tomorrow play him at third against Kuroda and Sun. back at SS against CC. If he passes the test take him to the West Coast.

What happens if we continue to waste good pitching performances like Peavy's and Lester's the last two nights with 15-20 runners left in scoring position. I'm not saying Xman is the answer but he provides more of a threat with his mere presence than Holt, WMB, Lava and Drew.  Granted Drew was robbed of three hits in the last couple of days. 

You need a spark of life---people are thinking about 2011--change the pattern--it's very simple three  chess moves to set up the match. Do it BenC and JF or you could copy Maddon and bring in a python into the clubhouse---pull Xander out of the hat tonight while he's hot---what do you have to lose Pedro Beato for Xander---any GM makes that trade.

If Ben C and Farrell start making moves based on things like "People are thinking about 2011", I may have to become a Reds fan.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The Sox are still in first place, they have a two game lead, they have total control of their destiny. One can only hope, as a fan, that decisions, that are not earth shattering, can be made to hopefully get the team back on track.

This is just a suggestion--it probably won't happen.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Met fans complained similarly in the spring about Wheeler, who they felt wasn't ready. Perhaps this is the reason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

So how many teams won a WS with platoons in the OF, at 1B, and 3B?

Middy seems to be better so it might be okay there at 3B... 

Your right Mr. B ..........  However, when you leave 12 men on base and continue to squander decent "starts" by your starters, "then ya got to do, what ya got to do" !!!  Bogaerts should be there, but as Lou Gorman would say ......  "Where we going to play him"  ???

They didnt have Napoli or Salty in that game.  Had both of them play, they would more likely driven a run or two.  Just like Iggy who hardly drive run for the team.  Middlebrook, Lavarnway and Iggy cant hit under the pressure.  That is why we got to leave Drew at SS cuz he have been hitting well as well he have won few games for us in the past two weeks. I would not have problem putting Bogaret at 3b, but Middlebrook got to sit down!!

But cant have both Middlebrook and Bogaret (or Iggy too if he was still with the club) in the game at the same time.  Remember this is a penant race, and Boston need as many experience players in the game to order to get themselves into the post season.   Boston do not have any time to try to experience with bunch of new players unless Boston are not a post season team.  

That is why we see alot of teams especially small market team with talent farm system can turn around their season from one year to another like Pittsburgh, Tampa, Kansas City, Oakland, etc cuz they tend to use as many farm players from month of august to september to give them a tryout at the same time they would know who have a good chance to play for them next year.  I dont know what is wrong with Houson with all these trades that they made and their farm system keep getting loaded and loaded every year.  Maybe they just have poor scoutings where they keep bringing in wrong prospects to the farm system.

Relax guy.  I know we all want Bogaret to be call up.  Meanning Middlebrook need to either sit on the bench or send down to AAA to make a room for him.  You all got a choice!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But another thing is that Middlebrook didnt impress me enuff at 3B last nite.   There was a popped up fly, and I think he waited two seconds too long to run toward to the foul ball terrority and make the catch.   And in the 7th innings, he couldnt handle a hard hit by one of the Blue Jays's hitter, and resulted the rally for the Blue Jays where they got two runs right there.

If Bogaret is playing at 3B, who know he could do a better job than him or who know he could just play the same way as him.  IF that is the case, if Bogaret suppose to be a better hitter than him, I think he should be call up now.  Middlebrook defense is now scaring me a bit.  But it is only just last nite game.  Got to give him couple more games and see how his defense is working for the club!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Your right Mr. B ..........  However, when you leave 12 men on base and continue to squander decent "starts" by your starters, "then ya got to do, what ya got to do" !!!  Bogaerts should be there, but as Lou Gorman would say ......  "Where we going to play him"  ???

They didnt have Napoli or Salty in that game.  Had both of them play, they would more likely driven a run or two.  Just like Iggy who hardly drive run for the team.   Middlebrook, Lavarnway and Iggy cant hit under the pressure.  That is why we got to leave Drew at SS cuz he have been hitting well as well he have won few games for us in the past two weeks. I would not have problem putting Bogaret at 3b, but Middlebrook got to sit down!!

But cant have both Middlebrook and Bogaret (or Iggy too if he was still with the club) in the game at the same time.  Remember this is a penant race, and Boston need as many experience players in the game to order to get themselves into the post season.   Boston do not have any time to try to experience with bunch of new players unless Boston are not a post season team.  

That is why we see alot of teams especially small market team with talent farm system can turn around their season from one year to another like Pittsburgh, Tampa, Kansas City, Oakland, etc cuz they tend to use as many farm players from month of august to september to give them a tryout at the same time they would know who have a good chance to play for them next year.  I dont know what is wrong with Houson with all these trades that they made and their farm system keep getting loaded and loaded every year.  Maybe they just have poor scoutings where they keep bringing in wrong prospects to the farm system.

Relax guy.  I know we all want Bogaret to be call up.  Meanning Middlebrook need to either sit on the bench or send down to AAA to make a room for him.  You all got a choice!!

Middy went 1-3 with a walk and Lavarnway went 2-4 and has been coming on strong his last few games making solid contact.

WMB has been 7 for 18 since coming up. Something wrong with that?

Both are hitting, so I dont understand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

They lost 2 games in a row in mid August. OH the shame!!! In the last 10 games no WLE teams has better than a 5-5 record. Tampa gained 2 games back on us after we gained 2 on them. WE come back from the road trip in the same position we left.

Some of you guys just love to conjure up panic moves after a couple losses. Only the sky is falling types are thinking about 2011. Unbeleiveable. Get a grip, Bogey will be here at the end of the month. Middy is doing a good job. Hes 7-18 since being promoted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

They didnt have Napoli or Salty in that game.  Had both of them play, they would more likely driven a run or two.  Just like Iggy who hardly drive run for the team.  Middlebrook, Lavarnway and Iggy cant hit under the pressure.  That is why we got to leave Drew at SS cuz he have been hitting well as well he have won few games for us in the past two weeks. I would not have problem putting Bogaret at 3b, but Middlebrook got to sit down!!

Middy went 1-3 with a walk and Lavarnway went 2-4 and has been coming on strong his last few games making soolid contact.

And they are not driving in runs enuff.  No homeruns between two of them for the entire month of August!   Cant have two good power hitters not getting enuff extra base hit for the team.  Too many single is the reason why Boston are not getting enuf runs in the past many games.  That is why Boston gave up Iggy cuz all he does is hit single!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

This is utter BS.  Nava had 3 hits, including two doubles playing for Napoli.  Middlebrooks singled with Nava at 2nd to set up our only run.  Lavarnway had two hits against LHP - Salty hasn't had two hits all year against LHP.  The bottom third of the order had six hits and a walk.  It was Ellsbury and Victorino that screwed the pooch last night - 0 for 9, stranding nine runners.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They didnt have Napoli or Salty in that game.  Had both of them play, they would more likely driven a run or two.  Just like Iggy who hardly drive run for the team.   Middlebrook, Lavarnway and Iggy cant hit under the pressure.  That is why we got to leave Drew at SS cuz he have been hitting well as well he have won few games for us in the past two weeks. I would not have problem putting Bogaret at 3b, but Middlebrook got to sit down!!

Middy went 1-3 with a walk and Lavarnway went 2-4 and has been coming on strong his last few games making soolid contact.

And they are not driving in runs enuff.  No homeruns between two of them for the entire month of August!   Cant have two good power hitters not getting enuff extra base hit for the team.  Too many single is the reason why Boston are not getting enuf runs in the past many games.  That is why Boston gave up Iggy cuz all he does is hit single!!

They are both getting on base at a very good clip. To sit Mddy right now would be completely foolish when hes finally started to hit the ball and take a couple walks. Middy is 7-18 since returning. Thats pretty good, no? Lavarnway was 2-4 last night and is also 7-18 in his last 5 games.

its seems Mr. level headed (you) is in panic mode.

just because the lose 2 in a row doesnt mean you start playing musical positions. Bogey will be here in a couple weeks and we will all see him in September Im sure.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

This is utter BS.  Nava had 3 hits, including two doubles playing for Napoli.  Middlebrooks singled with Nava at 2nd to set up our only run.  Lavarnway had two hits against LHP - Salty hasn't had two hits all year against LHP.  The bottom third of the order had six hits and a walk.  It was Ellsbury and Victorino that screwed the pooch last night - 0 for 9, stranding nine runners.

You re all wrong.  

In the third innings, with one out and there were man on first and second, and Lavarnway made the second outs of the inning before Victorino made the last out.  

In the fifth inning, Ellsbury drove the game only run while Victorino again made the last out but Ellsbury didnt get the credit for a hit, and still he drove in the run which that is the most important thing to do.

In the six innings, there were man on first and third, Nava and Middlebrook struck out back to back before Ellsbury made the last out.

Cant blame Ellsbury or Victorino for making the last out cuz there were alot of opportunites in the game with no out or one out.  Still these young men couldnt do their job.

Really if Ellsbury or Victorino finally have a bad game, sometime it is better off for the bottom of the line up to start picking it up for them!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Another thing, Iggy was batting .330 for the Red Sox team this year, and still he only drove in 19 runs this year.  And Carp had 50 less AB than him, and he drove in 29 runs!!

That is why I do not care what is the average for each batter, all I care is how this guy produce runs in the game whether it is a run or RBI or moving man around.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You re all wrong.  

In the third innings, with one out and there were man on first and second, and Lavarnway made the second outs of the inning before Victorino made the last out.  

In the fifth inning, Ellsbury drove the game only run while Victorino again made the last out but Ellsbury didnt get the credit for a hit, and still he drove in the run which that is the most important thing to do.

In the six innings, there were man on first and third, Nava and Middlebrook struck out back to back before Ellsbury made the last out.

Cant blame Ellsbury or Victorino for making the last out cuz there were alot of opportunites in the game with no out or one out.  Still these young men couldnt do their job.

Really if Ellsbury or Victorino finally have a bad game, sometime it is better off for the bottom of the line up to start picking it up for them!!

Listen, I like your posts. They are usually level headed and well thought out. Sometimes the ball doesnt bounce our way. Yes, its been frustrating, but this isnt the 1st time its happened this season and were not the 1st team its happened too. Over the month we have scored almost 5 runs a game.

Ellsbury has gone 2-20 in his last 4 games and has looked bad up there. The kids are hitting better than him. Now its not good enough that they hit good? Now singles arent good enough? Listen, I just think your being a bit unreasonable with 2 young players that ARE picking up other players like Ells and going 7 for 18 each.

Its 2 bad games. Relax.

I still 100% disagree with you about sitting Middy, who is swinging a good bat right now. They will come out of it like they have done in the past. Im looking forward to this series with NYY and the team getting a jolt of energy from it.

John Lackey has already got the fireworks started with his recent comment saying he "has a problem" facing A-Rod saying "Hows he still playing?" and "Ive got a problem with it"

Enjoy the games this weekend GoUconn!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i would never in a million years get a kids feet wet vs NYY craziness nor would i ever consider going into a 3 game set vs NYY short a pitcher. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

You re all wrong.  

Listen, I like your posts. They are usually level headed and well thought out. Sometimes the ball doesnt bounce our way. Yes, its been frustrating, but this isnt the 1st time its happened this season and were not the 1st team its happened too. Over the month we have scored almost 5 runs a game.

Ellsbury has gone 2-20 in his last 4 games and has looked bad up there. The kids are hitting better than him. Now its not good enough that they hit good? Now singles arent good enough? Listen, I just think your being a bit unreasonable with 2 young players that ARE picking up other players like Ells and going 7 for 18 each.

Its 2 bad games. Relax.

I still 100% disagree with you about sitting Middy, who is swinging a good bat right now. They will come out of it like they have done in the past. Im looking forward to this series with NYY and the team getting a jolt of energy from it.

John Lackey has already got the fireworks started with his recent comment saying he "has a problem" facing A-Rod saying "Hows he still playing?" and "Ive got a problem with it"

I do agree with you that sitting middlebrook is not a good idea, but what i am saying that most fans here are begging for the organization to call up Bogaret.  Drew is playing so well, and probably one of the better SS for the entire month of August.  So therefore there is no way that Bogaret should replace him.   But if fans want to see Bogaret to get some bat, you need to replace Middlebrook which that is the only spot I can find for him.  Cant have a line up with bunch of young stars such as to have Lavaranway., Middlebrook, Bogaret, Nava, Bradley, etc. in the same game.  Maybe if they are not a post season team anymore. Butright now,  Boston are doing a heck of a job this year with these experience players. Leave them alone.  They are the ones deserve to be on the field for most games of the year as well for all post season games!!

Tire of fans whining over why Middlebrook, Lavarnway, Bradley, Bogaret, etc arent playing for the club yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You re all wrong.  

Its 2 bad games. Relax.

I do agree with you that sitting middlebrook is not a good idea, but what i am saying that most fans here are begging for the organization to call up Bogaret.  Drew is playing so well, and probably one of the better SS for the entire month of August.  So therefore there is no way that Bogaret should replace him.   But if fans want to see Bogaret to get some bat, you need to replace Middlebrook which that is the only spot I can find for him.  Cant have a line up with bunch of young stars such as to have Lavaranway., Middlebrook, Bogaret, Nava, Bradley, etc. in the same game.  Maybe if they are not a post season team anymore. Butright now,  Boston are doing a heck of a job this year with these experience players. Leave them alone.  They are the ones deserve to be on the field for most games of the year as well for all post season games!!

Tire of fans whining over why Middlebrook, Lavarnway, Bradley, Bogaret, etc arent playing for the club yet.

I think we agree on this. Bogaerts still has some work to do at SS and would benefit from playing every game in AAA until he gets a callup. Although Drew has only a couple hits this series, hes been robbed for a couple XBH. hes still making solid contact although the results arent there over the last 2-3 games.

Now, I would call Xander up just before Sept 1st so hes available for the post season roster just in case something happens. Lavarnway will go back down soon when Ross returns, then be back in a couple weeks. Lav has looked good as of late which is very encouraging.

Your right, you cant go on a playoff run will all inexperienced kids. One or 2 maybe, and we already have that with Middy, RDLR, Britton and Workman as mainstays.

Fans need to relax, they will see all our young talent here very soon. No need to rush them when its not necessary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

You re all wrong.  

Its 2 bad games. Relax.

I think we agree on this. Bogaerts still has some work to do at SS and would benefit from playing every game in AAA until he gets a callup. Although Drew has only a couple hits this series, hes been robbed for a couple XBH. hes still making solid contact although the results arent there over the last 2-3 games.

Now, I would call Xander up just before Sept 1st so hes available for the post season roster just in case something happens. Lavarnway will go back down soon when Ross returns, then be back in a couple weeks. Lav has looked good as of late which is very encouraging.

Your right, you cant go on a playoff run will all inexperienced kids. One or 2 maybe, and we already have that with Middy, RDLR, Britton and Workman as mainstays.

Fans need to relax, they will see all our young talent here very soon. No need to rush them when its not necessary.

The work that Boggie needs at short will not be complete by september 1.  I still doubt that he gets the call and he will remain with the pawson thru their playoff run.  Heading over this weekend for at least one game on Sunday, maybe he is playing better by then.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

You re all wrong.  

Its 2 bad games. Relax.

The work that Boggie needs at short will not be complete by september 1.  I still doubt that he gets the call and he will remain with the pawson thru their playoff run.  Heading over this weekend for at least one game on Sunday, maybe he is playing better by then.

Thats certainly a possible scinario, and unlike some other posters above us, I dont look at Xander as the savior to come here and make everything alright either. Hes still got some work to do, that I agree.

With that said, I think he will be up in Boston at some point, even if to just sit on the bench and soak it all in. See what a MLB playoff atmosphere is all about. Heck, maybe even playing a game or 2. Personally, Id like to get a look at him in Boston for at least one game at SS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Hey hold on to the pooch--I'm primarily saying bring up Xander send Holt back to AAA and release Beato so Xman can be added to the  40/25 roster.

XBo can do more plus things than Holt plus it gives them another Rhanded bat.

Say what you want about WMB---I'm saying--many were all over Iggy because he was getting bloops, bunts and seeing-eye grounders. The hits that WMB has had since coming back up have been of much the same variety. A little friendly competition never hurt a major league player. It worked well for the Iggy/ Drew situation. We found they both benefitted. By the way Iggy is playing great defense but his hitting continues to free-fall. He will soon be in the .299.

JF is not cutting any pitchers from the current pen---Beato is at AAA.

Sections
Shortcuts