BenC you've seen all but Xander at the MLB level, now's the time...Today...this weekend.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: BenC you've seen all but Xander at the MLB level, now's the time...Today...this weekend.

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Hey hold on to the pooch--I'm primarily saying bring up Xander send Holt back to AAA and release Beato so Xman can be added to the  40/25 roster.

XBo can do more plus things than Holt plus it gives them another Rhanded bat.

Say what you want about WMB---I'm saying--many were all over Iggy because he was getting bloops, bunts and seeing-eye grounders. The hits that WMB has had since coming back up have been of much the same variety. A little friendly competition never hurt a major league player. It worked well for the Iggy/ Drew situation. We found they both benefitted. By the way Iggy is playing great defense but his hitting continues to free-fall. He will soon be in the .299.

JF is not cutting any pitchers from the current pen---Beato is at AAA.

Bailey is still on the 15-day DL and could be switched to the 60-day to make room for Xander so we dont lose a good bullpen arm thats under control for a few years. Or the Sox could just wait until the rosters expand. Remember, with Middy doing very good since returning going 7-18, they dont need to rush Xander. I dont think they want to put their top prospect in a position that puts to much pressure on him right now anyway, like some here want them to do.

WMB has hit some solid line drive and getting good wood on the ball. Nothing like the little seeing eye grounders that Iggy was hitting. Also, Why create competition during a playoff run? Middy is hitting good right now. you have to let him know you have confidence in him, not threaten his job with Bogey right now then he might start pressing and then ultimately it would be counterproductive.

There wasnt a competition with Iggy and Drew. It was Drews job. period. His spot was never in doubt or threatened. Thats why Iggy switched positions.

Patience Mad. We will see Bogaerts when its his time. Theres no need to make a panic move after a couple losses. The Sox will be fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: BenC you've seen all but Xander at the MLB level, now's the time...Today...this weekend.

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hey hold on to the pooch--I'm primarily saying bring up Xander send Holt back to AAA and release Beato so Xman can be added to the  40/25 roster.

Say what you want about WMB---I'm saying--many were all over Iggy because he was getting bloops, bunts and seeing-eye grounders. The hits that WMB has had since coming back up have been of much the same variety. A little friendly competition never hurt a major league player. It worked well for the Iggy/ Drew situation. We found they both benefitted. By the way Iggy is playing great defense but his hitting continues to free-fall. He will soon be in the .299.

Bailey is still on the 15-day DL and could be switched to the 60-day to make room for Xander so we dont lose a good bullpen arm thats under control for a few years. Or the Sox could just wait until the rosters expand. Remember, with Middy doing very good since returning going 7-18, they dont need to rush Xander. I dont think they want to put their top prospect in a position that puts to much pressure on him right now anyway, like some here want them to do.

WMB has hit some solid line drive and getting good wood on the ball. Nothing like the little seeing eye grounders that Iggy was hitting. Also, Why create competition during a playoff run? Middy is hitting good right now. you have to let him know you have confidence in him, not threaten his job with Bogey right now then he might start pressing and then ultimately it would be counterproductive.

There wasnt a competition with Iggy and Drew. It was Drews job. period. His spot was never in doubt or threatened. Thats why Iggy switched positions.

Patience Mad. We will see Bogaerts when its his time. Theres no need to make a panic move after a couple losses. The Sox will be fine.

[/QUOTE]

Southie I have been saying right along I want the best 25 players in the system in the dugout and on the field--Holt may be a better player than WMB right now but Xander is better than both of them. 

Re. Iggy, the competition , as I remember it, was between Drew and Iggy--you're right but they then found Iggy was better defensively at 3 B than Holt and Snyder and he was still batting in the .340 range.

I don't want to argue these issues--Beato is probably 6/7 on the PawSox depth chart. He is not a mystery. BenC just can't handle the Roster---he has a difficult time making personnel moves. Let's see the trouble he has with Snyder when he comes off the DL. He will have to make a decision which should be very easy DFA Snyder--he won't, he will demote Holt who has options, for a player that plays 1 B and 3 B and has no future with the Sox. Ben has had two weeks to find a trade partner for Snyder--it won't happen--he can't cut the cord.

If BenC does the right thing he will not have a problem--if the Sox lose two of three to the Yankees and the Rays sweep--you have a dead heat. Baltimore is charging and the Yankees will be 6.5  back and the Sox going West for two tough series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Agree, he's hitting .300. Go with one less pitcher.

Normally I'd disagree with this, but we have so many young kids with options we can recall and demote guys almost at will to fill in a need.  To a large extent the team has done this with more success than failure so Kudos to them......but how much longer can they keep this kid down?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I'm not necessariry a now or never Xander fan but logic says it's time.

Holt has not been involved for a while, he's insurance. Xander can do everything Holt can do plus get pitchers a little concerned when his name comes up on the lineup card. I would send Holt to AAA, DFA Beato, put XBo on the 40 and have him in Boston to face Pettite tonight playing SS.

Tomorrow play him at third against Kuroda and Sun. back at SS against CC. If he passes the test take him to the West Coast.

What happens if we continue to waste good pitching performances like Peavy's and Lester's the last two nights with 15-20 runners left in scoring position. I'm not saying Xman is the answer but he provides more of a threat with his mere presence than Holt, WMB, Lava and Drew.  Granted Drew was robbed of three hits in the last couple of days. 

You need a spark of life---people are thinking about 2011--change the pattern--it's very simple three  chess moves to set up the match. Do it BenC and JF or you could copy Maddon and bring in a python into the clubhouse---pull Xander out of the hat tonight while he's hot---what do you have to lose Pedro Beato for Xander---any GM makes that trade.

He's going to play where? A game at 3rd, then a game at ss, then decision time? That makes about as much sense as leaving Nava on the bench tonight!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Southie I have been saying right along I want the best 25 players in the system in the dugout and on the field--Holt may be a better player than WMB right now but Xander is better than both of them. 

Xander has been better while facing AAA pitching/competition. Thats not to say I dont think he can do it, but it guarentees nothing. And Holt, although a good UI, is not better than WMB right now.

Re. Iggy, the competition , as I remember it, was between Drew and Iggy--you're right but they then found Iggy was better defensively at 3 B than Holt and Snyder and he was still batting in the .340 range.

There was NO competition between Drew and Iggy. If Middy wasnt struggling Iggy would have been the UI or sent back down. The competition was more between Iggy and Middy because Drew was going nowhere.

I don't want to argue these issues--Beato is probably 6/7 on the PawSox depth chart. He is not a mystery. BenC just can't handle the Roster---he has a difficult time making personnel moves. Let's see the trouble he has with Snyder when he comes off the DL. He will have to make a decision which should be very easy DFA Snyder--he won't, he will demote Holt who has options, for a player that plays 1 B and 3 B and has no future with the Sox. Ben has had two weeks to find a trade partner for Snyder--it won't happen--he can't cut the cord.

Beato is a good BP arm. Besides I already told you that we can put Bailey on the 60-day DL opening up a roster spot so we dont have to get rid of anyone. Snyder will probably have to be sent through waivers and parked in AAA IF he makes it through. You cant trade a player whos on the DL, which is why Ben hasnt found a trading partner for Snyder. I really dont understand what you mean Ben cant handle the roster. hes done a pretty good juggling act with all those arms in the pen as well as bringing guys up that are needed. The I-95 shuttle has been quite active this year. Trading Iggy was not an easy decision, but a move that needed to be made to better prepare this team for a playoff run. It shows me he will make a tough move, or "personal" as you put it, if it betters the team.

If BenC does the right thing he will not have a problem--if the Sox lose two of three to the Yankees and the Rays sweep--you have a dead heat. Baltimore is charging and the Yankees will be 6.5  back and the Sox going West for two tough series.

I agree. We need to at least win the series, with a sweep being the ultimate goal. LAD and SF are going to be tough. remember though, the Rays have a 10 games west coast trip coming up in another couple weeks. I enjoy debating back and forth with you Mad, dont take me disagreeing with you personally. I like your enthusiasm for the Sox and think you are a good poster on this forum.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

jackbu , I said in another thread my concern with Xander was his fielding; !2 errors in 59 games is of concern. My feeling has been the place for him is LF or 1 B ultimately. He may not see the light of day this season in Boston if Nava, Carp, Drew continue to swing hot bats and WMB continues to look more like Iggy at the plate with balls that barely make it out of the infield. Hey whatever it takes---things always seem to even out if you wait long enough.

That was a nice win yesterday for the Sox and interesting to hear Nap has been battling Plantar Fasciitis for quite some time. That will definitely make you change your swing, cause great discomfort in your feet and ultimately be very painful. I thought when he dove into second on the double Fri. night it was his hip as he was very slow getting up. He's got to have a high threshhold for pain to have battled PF  and played with it for a month or more, it sounds like. I have to apologize to him for being critical about his play now knowing he has been battleing other problems. makes it easy to see why his hitting has not been up to par.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I'm not necessariry a now or never Xander fan but logic says it's time.

Holt has not been involved for a while, he's insurance. Xander can do everything Holt can do plus get pitchers a little concerned when his name comes up on the lineup card. I would send Holt to AAA, DFA Beato, put XBo on the 40 and have him in Boston to face Pettite tonight playing SS.

Tomorrow play him at third against Kuroda and Sun. back at SS against CC. If he passes the test take him to the West Coast.

What happens if we continue to waste good pitching performances like Peavy's and Lester's the last two nights with 15-20 runners left in scoring position. I'm not saying Xman is the answer but he provides more of a threat with his mere presence than Holt, WMB, Lava and Drew.  Granted Drew was robbed of three hits in the last couple of days. 

You need a spark of life---people are thinking about 2011--change the pattern--it's very simple three  chess moves to set up the match. Do it BenC and JF or you could copy Maddon and bring in a python into the clubhouse---pull Xander out of the hat tonight while he's hot---what do you have to lose Pedro Beato for Xander---any GM makes that trade.

According to some sources Bogy isn't quite ready defensively but I agree guys like agree Holt and Snyder don't give our offense much support.  A lot of fans during ST and earlier in the season thought Holt was going to be like Pedroia but I just don't see that kind of talent ever developing. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The organization has to be flexible. Bogaerts is not necessarily a shortstop , just because that is how he started, and that is what he wants to be. Who knows ? Maybe his future is in left field. It is his offense that makes him what he is. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sections
Shortcuts