Best Baseball Songs of All-Time-What's your favorite?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Best Baseball Songs of All-Time-What's your favorite?

Talkin Baseball, and though it's not an actual "baseball song", love the Phil Rizzuto interlude during Meatloaf's Paradise by The Dashboard Light

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Jessica - Allman Brothers - Field Of Dreams - Road Trip in VW Bus After Picking Up Archie Graham

Hands down, no question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Sacrifice-Steve Miller Band
    Goin' Home- Ten Years After
    Stealin' - Uriah Heep

Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hell Yeah I Like Beer

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

"Glory Days" The Boss. His passion for the game comes out in the song.

"Tessie" -If you need a reason your not in Red Sox Nation

"Centerfield" -other than the reference to DiMaggio a cool song

"Rocketman" only kidding...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

My favorite is Talkin' Baseball, but I will add a couple of others.

"Bill Lee" - Warren Zevon

"Joe Dimaggio Done It Again" - Lyrics by Woody Guthrie, music by Billy Bragg.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

In Response to Re: Best Baseball Songs of All-Time-What's your favorite?:
    Talkin Baseball, and though it's not a actual "baseball song", love the Phil Rizzuto interlude during Meatloaf's Paradise by The Dashboard Light
    Posted by jete02fan

I never understood why with two outs and a speedster on third, when the batter bunts they just don't go to first with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

1 - Tessie      2 - Centerfield 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Great rendition of Talkin Baseball from the classic Simpson's episode where Burns loads up the company softball team with MLBers, Boggs, Canseco, Strawberry, Sax, Clemens, Mattingly,etc....

Talkin Softball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kx50tuqOT0

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I'll take the first two in the OP as 1-2, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and "Centerifield." However for third and fourth I'll put Terry Cashman's "Talkin Baseball." The original one at No. 3 and The Siimpson's at No. 4.

Then you can lump the rest of them together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Great rendition of Talkin Baseball from the classic Simpson's episode where Burns loads up the company softball team with MLBers, Boggs, Canseco, Strawberry, Sax, Clemens, Mattingly,etc.... Talkin Softball. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kx50tuqOT0
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

I just watched that clip. It's funny watching it now after the history since then and how we look at the various players now compared to then.

It's especially funny that Griffey Jr. is the player of that era who supposedly didn't do steroids, yet he was the one who had the big head from too much "medicine."

Or that Mike Scioscia was in it -- a guy who I feel overmanages -- and he played for Mr. Burns who was overmanaging a team that basically all you had to do was roll out the balls and bats and they'd win. Hmm ... it just hit me. Maybe that's where Sciocia got his managing ideas from -- Mr. Burns.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Best Baseball Songs of All-Time-What's your favorite? : I just watched that clip. It's funny watching it now after the history since then and how we look at the various players now compared to then. It's especially funny that Griffey Jr. is the player of that era who supposedly didn't do steroids, yet he was the one who had the big head from too much "medicine." Or that Mike Scioscia was in it -- a guy who I feel overmanages -- and he played for Mr. Burns who was overmanaging a team that basically all you had to do was roll out the balls and bats and they'd win. Hmm ... it just hit me. Maybe that's where Sciocia got his managing ideas from -- Mr. Burns.
    Posted by royf19

So true.  Canseco is the guy pulling all the furniture out of the burning house.... because we all think of Jose as such a selfless hero :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Best Baseball Songs of All-Time-What's your favorite? : So true.  Canseco is the guy pulling all the furniture out of the burning house.... because we all think of Jose as such a selfless hero :)
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Actually, I was thinking about it, it makes sense that Canseco wasn't the one who OD'd on Burns' "medicine." He was the steroid expert after all. Griffey didn't know anything about them, which is why he abused it.

However, Canseco should have been the one in the bar that Barney took out with one punch instead of Boggs. After all, it's what happens to Canseco when he tries to box.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Best Baseball Songs of All-Time-What's your favorite? : Actually, I was thinking about it, it makes sense that Canseco wasn't the one who OD'd on Burns' "medicine." He was the steroid expert after all. Griffey didn't know anything about them, which is why he abused it. However, Canseco should have been the one in the bar that Barney took out with one punch instead of Boggs. After all, it's what happens to Canseco when he tries to box.
    Posted by royf19

Lord Palmerston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

"Glory Days" The Boss. His passion for the game comes out in the song. "Tessie" -If you need a reason your not in Red Sox Nation "Centerfield" -other than the reference to DiMaggio a cool song "Rocketman" only kidding...
    Posted by beavis

What's wrong with the reference to Joe D? Joe may have been kind of a jerk in public but there is no doubt he is one of the greatest centerfielders.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Nice post. Hmmm...I'll have to go with #2 "Centerfield" Or "Put me in Coach" as I always think of it, and #7 "Talking Baseball" because it never gets old! Just add the newest players and start singing already!

Sections
Shortcuts