Best Case Scenario For Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Best Case Scenario For Sox

steal one more game in Detroit somehow, someway, and then get back to Fenway and hope the fans carry the team to two straight wins

the reality....not so pleasant....we are overmatched - why was Lackey given the pivotal 3rd and 7th starts in a pennant series?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Best Case Scenario For Sox

Where would you have slotted Lackey geo?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

steal one more game in Detroit somehow, someway, and then get back to Fenway and hope the fans carry the team to two straight wins

the reality....not so pleasant....we are overmatched - why was Lackey given the pivotal 3rd and 7th starts in a pennant series?

Best case? 

To win 1 out for 3 on the road?

We were a good road team this year. I'm not saying we are favorites, but the best case to me is to win 2 or 3 of the next 3.

Baseball is played one game at a time, and any team can win on a given day.

Let's hope today is that "given day". Then, on to the next game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

4th

But JF had plenty of time to rest Jake for those slots but chose to go for Lackey starting this game and potentiAL game 7....i really dont understand it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Geo, just a horrible shell of a fan as always.  You watching the game?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and this is why you don't players who are in a slump.

Napoli, Napoli, NAPOLI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and this is why you don't sit players who are in a slump.

Napoli, Napoli, NAPOLI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

geo man, here's the thing...we all have those negative thoughts, but when you have 'em, the best policy is usually to keep your trap shut and just watch what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

geo man, here's the thing...we all have those negative thoughts, but when you have 'em, the best policy is usually to keep your trap shut and just watch what happens.

Sure.  Most fans for every team are probably nervous.  I'd bet real money that there are very few fans from Stl, LA, or Detroit, that think they have this thing wrapped up.

But Geo comes in here everyday to predict gloom and doom.  That's not normal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we ever had a manager that had the knee jerk philosopy that some of these posters have, we'd have cut, demoted or benched half the team.

It's very rare for any player to stay consistent all year long. Players go in streaks: good and bad. Sure, there are times we need to sit someone here and there, but the short fuses some of these guys have are absurd.

Napoli has always been streaky. If you never wait it out, you never get the good streaks or the occaisonal out of the blue blast like tonight.

Lackey struggles at the end of the season did not mean he had to keep struggling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Lackey just out dueled Verlander and Napoli hits a shot! Haters are going to hate, so happy for Lackey, I never liked the signing, but he is here and we need him to pitch like this again in his next start!

If we can win one more in Det I will be ecstatic!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Are you getting tired of being way off yet?

Wow man. Maybe don't say anything for a day or two?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

6.2 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 8 K.

THAT'S WHY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Keep in mind, if this goes to a Game 7, Lackey only threw 98 pitches and Verlander threw 120

That COULD have an effect - Lackey should have more gas in the tank than Verlander....I can't Verlander throwing 120 again and I can see Lackey throwing over 100 if necessary...

In such a tight series, everything matters, is this a good example.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Sure.  Most fans for every team are probably nervous.  I'd bet real money that there are very few fans from Stl, LA, or Detroit, that think they have this thing wrapped up.

But Geo comes in here everyday to predict gloom and doom.  That's not normal.

I have been quite positive for the most of the season - but I have no desire or need to be a cheerleader....nor do i worry about what could go wrong with my opinions....i simply state what i feel and think....it's called honesty - I cheer for the Sox to win and havent missed one out of the playoffs yet (unlike so many of the Sox fans here who are gloating but who turned off Game 2 when we were down)

I like Lackey, always have..and I never had to jump on the 2013 bandwagon unlike so many on here who once cursed him and called him a failure - I saw a guy who got into shape, wanted to be a good teammate, and found his excellent form again....but that still doesnt mean I wasnt goiing to say that I thought Peavy was a better choice for game 3 given their performances, especially lately. Now if he starts Game 7 and gets rocked, maybe I could muster up an "I told you so" but whats the point? 

Nor do i come here and grind into people's faces about how I believed Papi was worth all the money he was asking for and was he #1 booster for being resigned last hot stove. I could have easily started a thread patting myself on the back after his epic homerun and calling out all the folks who thought it was a bad deal with an over the hill player....but thats not my style....

You guys thought I was insane during the 2011 hot stove about beckett and what a cancer he was. You defended him, swore your allegiance to him as a sox champion, and swore he would rise again. Some of you guys even stated that he was in fact a great teammate and a leader. Meanwhile I was stating some crazy notions about his attitude and conditoning which if I remembered were laughed at. Cut to August 2012 and all of a sudden the TRADE is the best thing that ever happened to Boston - but once again no peep from the cheerleaders who spent so much time defending Beckett (or Varitek) ....is this the m.o. of "real" fans? 

Maybe those wearing pink hats....any Red Sox fan worth their salt sees danger everywhere...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

You don't get it.

It isn't about pink hats, it is about you saying something different every day.

You say Detroit is going to sweep, then the Red sox win and then you say it is going 7 games.

Lackey had a really good year this year.

Verlander's ERA this year 3.46

Lackey's ERA 3.52

To you that means "overmatched"

Why?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Guys,

I think we need to cut geo some slack. It's fairly clear that he's one of the many Sox fans that have been conditioned by the pied piper Dan Shaunessy and his minions in the press to fear the worst and blame it on a super natural "curse". He means well...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

4th

But JF had plenty of time to rest Jake for those slots but chose to go for Lackey starting this game and potentiAL game 7....i really dont understand it

Maybe JF thinks exactly like you Geo that Peavy is more likely to give him a big game than Lackey and he didnt want to waste it against a Verlander Gem.....or maybe he had more faith in Lackey and rememebrs how well he pitched all year. In any case, Peavy will be ready and able to back up Lackey in a Game 7 as will everyone else and the Kitchen sink.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Guys,

I think we need to cut geo some slack. It's fairly clear that he's one of the many Sox fans that have been conditioned by the pied piper Dan Shaunessy and his minions in the press to fear the worst and blame it on a super natural "curse". He means well...

2004 and 2007 should have cured that.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Guys,

2004 and 2007 should have cured that.  

2011 reopened the wound....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

It's never easy to be a sports fan.  Most years your team isn't going to win it.  The odds are stacked against you. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Disagree Geo. Best case is winning two of three and finishing the job at home in game six. One in the bag already, I like our chances of doing it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Best case is win the next 2.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Best case is win the next 2.

Meh, technically yeah, but if you let me pick ahead of time.....

Sections
Shortcuts