Best memory of A-Rod

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Best memory of A-Rod

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Really - this is a thread. But I still love Sox fans thinking that Tek beat him up. The greatest myth in the history of MLB.

It's not that I was stating Tek beat up ARod...  just the famous pic of the catcher's mitt to Slappy's face.  This pic hangs in virtually every Boston sports bar. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Really - this is a thread. But I still love Sox fans thinking that Tek beat him up. The greatest myth in the history of MLB.

Give him some credit he was smart enough to attack with his mask on and punch him with a catcher's mit.

True, and he threw the 1st punch (ARod was HBP, so he griped), and it was cowardly, but given who was the recipient of it, I didn't mind; he's a scoundrel.  And Jeter can't stand him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Remember the time A-Rod showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl, do ya?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Give him some credit he was smart enough to attack with his mask on and punch him with a catcher's mit.

Cameron Diaz could beat up A-rod.

I thought she did. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to peanutandme's comment:

What is your best or favorite memory of A-ROD,  is it,

A-ROD knocking the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's glove

The fight with  Varitek

Cameron Diaz feeding him popcorn at the Super Bowl

Yelling at the third baseman who was about to make the catch on a popup

Kissing himself in a full length mirror

Or is it some other incident?

Everyone calling that filthy rich  washed up PEDs user a loser. When everyone else has to work for a living. I would love to be him and laugh at the world of real losers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to peanutandme's comment:

What is your best or favorite memory of A-ROD,  is it,

A-ROD knocking the ball out of Bronson Arroyo's glove

The fight with  Varitek

Cameron Diaz feeding him popcorn at the Super Bowl

Yelling at the third baseman who was about to make the catch on a popup

Kissing himself in a full length mirror

Or is it some other incident?

Is this a trick question? There are no good ARod memories

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Everyone calling that filthy rich  washed up PEDs user a loser. When everyone else has to work for a living. I would love to be him and laugh at the world of real losers

Really? 

I don't have all his millions and lavish lifestyle, but when I get up in the morning I can look in the mirror and know that the person I'm looking at isn't the laughing stock of the baseball world.  I can know that in the eyes of baseball I didn't cheat my fellow players and the fans and I can know that my personal life isn't so screwed up that I'm a poster child for dysfunction.

If you think that a "filthy rich washed up PED user" isn't a loser just becaue he's parlayed his personal weaknesses into a fortune then we have some very different definitions of 'loser'. 

But that's ok with me.  To each his own, I guess.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Really? 

I don't have all his millions and lavish lifestyle, but when I get up in the morning I can look in the mirror and know that the person I'm looking at isn't the laughing stock of the baseball world.  I can know that in the eyes of baseball I didn't cheat my fellow players and the fans and I can know that my personal life isn't so screwed up that I'm a poster child for dysfunction.

If you think that a "filthy rich washed up PED user" isn't a loser just becaue he's parlayed his personal weaknesses into a fortune then we have some very different definitions of 'loser'. 

Exactly, 5S. There are many ways to be rich in life... family, friends, health and character. All of which, money can't buy. 

LOL, pumpsie. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's not even an ARod memory exactly, but-

There was a fairly memorable Sunday night game between the RS and NYY.  Schilling v Jeter in the 8th, scored tied 1-1.  Two great pros and money players.  The only thing going through my mind was 'is there anyway to walk Jeter and get to ARod?'.  A good hitter or supposedly one of the best in the game, and there was no doubt in my mind that I'd prefer to deal with ARod than Jeter.

Naturally, Jeter homers to dead center.  ARod would struck out with a pained expression on his fave.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

No contest!   Teks 2004 ALCS smack down :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSdirtdogOR. Show RSdirtdogOR's posts

oooops!  I always conflate the two.  That was July 24th :)  What a beautiful day with Tek giving A-Rod a facial.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

i'm disappointed tek didn't also have a bat in his hands.

it was also smart of tek to hit him with his glove on. tek didn't want to catch an STD from a-rod.

Yeah, but he wound up getting makeup all over his catcher's mitt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

What do you mean by "real losers"? 

If you are referring to a lazy bum who refuses to get a job then  I agree with you.

If you are referring to the students at Harvard who cheated in their "Intro to Congress" class, then I agree with you.  BTW, I'm surprised the school did not expel them. 

If you are referring to an individual who has worked hard all his/her life and never cheated then, I respectfully disagree with you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

What do you mean by "real losers"? 

If you are referring to a lazy bum who refuses to get a job then  I agree with you.

If you are referring to the students at Harvard who cheated in their "Intro to Congress" class, then I agree with you.  BTW, I'm surprised the school did not expel them. 

If you are referring to an individual who has worked hard all his/her life and never cheated then, I respectfully disagree with you.

+ 1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

+

Here you go... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear A-Rod,

Thank you for preventing the Yankees from having payroll flexibility.

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

P.S. Thank God you did not sign with Boston.    LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

One can hope the best A-Rod memories (at least for Red Sox fans) are still to come.

I don't know what would be more delicious - the Yankees voiding the rest of his contract, or (more likely) being stuck with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

My favorite A-Rod momment?

When he opted out of his contract during the '07 WS.

I knew then, for sure, that the Sox had dodged a bullet by not completing the trade for the DB.

He exposed himself for the weasel he truly is.

It's been all downhill from there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

That he strikes out to end virtually every Yankees post season run.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

My hope is that this whole PED thing will begin to disappear as the years go by, but I doubt it.  We have watched the downfall of icons like Bonds, McGwire, Clemens, Sosa, Manny and now A-Rod as well as countless other lesser beings of the MLB world.  As long as the money is there, the incentive to cheat will always be walking right beside it. Sadly if a player really does excel without the use of PEDs, he will most likely be guilty of PED use regardless.  Stats no longer have the ability to help us judge success without questioning it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Really? 

He's not the laughing stock of the baseball world. He's the laughing stock of people who can get up in the morning and wonder where they went wrong and how come it's not them with millions to spent and the chance to be called a loser. Think real hard on the way to work and feel the happiness and love. Way better then that  poster child for dysfunction.....To each this own .I guess !

Sections
Shortcuts