Best nickname for Bobby Jenks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks:
    In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : So who's your next thread candidate? It's clear you're good at taking shots at guys with obvious injuries, and in this case, barely even played for the team. When you think about all the injuries to players, this could be a gold mine for you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

LOL, sorry if it offended you kim.  I have no intent of any other threads like this.  I was a little bored and I thought it might be funny.  Simple as that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Jenks could prove to be a very nice part of the bullpen. That is of course if he gets healthy. Hopefully he will be able to contribute, he does have the talent.
    Posted by jrh1194

I agree.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Jenks.  If he can stay healthy, and that's a big if, I think he can be a big help to our bullpen.

That said, his injuries thus far are a prime example of why I don't like signing relievers to big money deals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : So who's your next thread candidate? It's clear you're good at taking shots at guys with obvious injuries, and in this case, barely even played for the team. When you think about all the injuries to players, this could be a gold mine for you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

For the record, hfx is one of the classiest posters I know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : For the record, hfx is one of the classiest posters I know.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

Thanks, Kimmi.  As are you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : For the record, hfx is one of the classiest posters I know.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

Thank you for telling me that. It's always good to hear from another Trufan poster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In the spirit of David Letterman humor, how's this?

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk, Yuk - SO FUNNY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In the spirit of David Letterman humor, how's this? Yuk, Yuk, Yuk, Yuk - SO FUNNY.
    Posted by UticaClub

Right, Utica.  And those pics you put up are always a rip-roarin' laff riot. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : Right, Utica.  And those pics you put up are always a rip-roarin' laff riot. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Agreed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

With so many fans in this forum from other teams, what is wrong with a few humorous jabs at other teams and their players? Do we need to limit our humor solely on our own team and its players? It is true that Jenks has been a bust so far but wasn't Pavanno or Igawa even worse? Like you said, the forum was slow and boring, why not add some humor to it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

With so many fans in this forum from other teams, what is wrong with a few humorous jabs at other teams and their players? Do we need to limit our humor solely on our own team and its players? It is true that Jenks has been a bust so far but wasn't Pavanno or Igawa even worse? Like you said, the forum was slow and boring, why not add some humor to it?
    Posted by UticaClub

That's a good point, but sometimes it seems like it gets a little negative and pessimistic these days. A great example of this is on the Celtics forum. Right now there is a thread calling for Ainge to amnesty Pierce. Pure pessimism.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Jenkoff

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : That's a good point, but sometimes it seems like it gets a little negative and pessimistic these days. A great example of this is on the Celtics forum. Right now there is a thread calling for Ainge to amnesty Pierce. Pure pessimism.
    Posted by bgomez

Good point but Halifax just insisted that he was being humorous instead of negative.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Humor has been banned from this forum. So it is said, so it is done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIm0m2QyR5o
    Posted by jesseyeric

LMAO. Honestly, I didn't even see this earlier. I have to admit, that's funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posted by UticaClub

That's easy enough to answer. Because they would get banned if they talked about rival teams. Like some have been. Halifax's thread is pure gold. Can't go wrong. It's negative, it's about a Sox player some fans don't particularly appreciate, and rival teams' fans can join in the fun. All good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

This puts negativism / humor ( take your pick) about Jenks into perspective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Posted by UticaClub

Yeah that was a great well thought out signing.

A reactionary move because at the time the Yankees thought they had missed out on the gyro-ball.

He did beat the Sox once though, that's worth something but not sure that one victory was worth all the Steinbrenner millions he'll ship back to Japan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : I agree.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Jenks.  If he can stay healthy, and that's a big if, I think he can be a big help to our bullpen. That said, his injuries thus far are a prime example of why I don't like signing relievers to big money deals.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

Good point RedSoxKimmi. Relievers can be risky signings because many of the really good ones have a lot of mileage on their arms from over use. I haven't given up on Jenks yet. He may still be able to contribute. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenMonster1964. Show GreenMonster1964's posts

BJ

Sections
Shortcuts