Best nickname for Bobby Jenks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks

In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : You are starting to sound like that no-good rascal Pike. You know the one who is always policing the forum and trying to limit "free speech". Poor Pike, he expects everyone to be a good, loyal Red Sox fan and not come here daily to bash, be cynical, skeptical, and pessimistic. Pike  really needs to get a life and stop burying his head in the sand like an ostritch. After all isn't someone who identifies trolls, also a troll, at least that is the logic of the Forum Simpletons. Pike needs to reverse his image and be more like AlibiIke or Andrewmitch. Now those are "real fans".
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Glad you liked it pike. I never disagreed with your position, just your methods. You have at times been intrusive and presumptuous, especially to me personally, that's why some people call you a "troll". I'll admit that you have not been as much lately. I don't think I've ever called you a troll, but I have gotten impatient with you calling me one just because I told a joke. That was the source of the disagreement I had with you. I said that over and over again last year on the game threads. Occasional jokes are one thing, merciless ripping and constant bashing is another. I've told a few jokes, but I've NEVER used abusive nicknames or gotten personal about players that I root for and want to do well so the team will win. Some people just like to tell a joke from time to time, doesn't mean they hate the players or are trolls. That being said, it's the shotgun blasts, the personal attacks, the name calling and the vitriol that I get upset at. Just shows imaturity and stupidity, not team loyalty. On that I agree with you. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : I love this post. So true. And we're talking about a guy who, obviously, has injuries. Hugh said it best that we don't really know him. I have to say, I'm a little surprised that Halifax started this thread.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Thanks kim.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : I love this post. So true. And we're talking about a guy who, obviously, has injuries. Hugh said it best that we don't really know him. I have to say, I'm a little surprised that Halifax started this thread.

Well, at this time of the year, the men in Halifax go to the laundromat and get turned on by watching Mrs. Murphy's petticoats go through the dryer cycle or else they go the the bakery to watch Pa Whipple make tomorrow's doughnuts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : Well, at this time of the year, the men in Halifax go to the laundromat and get turned on by watching Mrs. Murphy's petticoats go through the dryer cycle or else they go the the bakery to watch Pa Whipple make tomorrow's doughnuts.

LOL

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Because I hate the Yankees, I eat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Fat worthless Yankee hating lug.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"Take the Money and Run" - so long a you don't throw out your back while you flee

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

How about "Boston Globe Forum" since he's round like a globe, and he never seems to functioning properly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : Well, at this time of the year, the men in Halifax go to the laundromat and get turned on by watching Mrs. Murphy's petticoats go through the dryer cycle or else they go the the bakery to watch Pa Whipple make tomorrow's doughnuts.

Why Utica, that is such a nice cheap shot at a place you obviously haven't been to lately.  It's something like Babe would say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : Well said. The BS is running very deep in here lately. I don't necessarily refer to THIS thread, this is obviously a joke. I'll be the first to fire off a joke or two about a player in good humor, but some of the just pure hatred I read on this forum for Carl Crawford just doesn't make sense to me. I don't get how doing that is constructive, or how it helps the team. Am I annoyed at his lack of production? Yes. Aggravated and frustrated that we haven't seen the old CC yet? Sure. But nowhere other than Boston would they be calling for a player's head after only one year of a seven year contract. If he's still doing this after three years, then you MIGHT call him a "bust". But now? Just too early man. Some of the criticism is so loud and obtuse that the only way anyone can get their money's worth out of it is to actually root for him to fail! Imagine that. Some fans have put themselves in a position where to save face and "be right about him" they have no choice but to root for him to fall flat on his face as opposed to helping the Sox win a WS. That's a shame, and I don't get it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Happens to every team who delves into the free agent market, there's a hugh risk why it's best to develope your own.

People are just having fun. Look at the Yankees with Pavano, sat out a few games out with bruised buttocks.

I was rough on him too. Maybe Jenks will rebound but up to this point it hasn't been a great signing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

LOL, but I did watch a few TV specials that Anne Murray did which showed the beautiful scenery of Nova Scotia. Good music too with Kris Kristoferson as a guest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]LOL, but I did watch a few TV specials that Anne Murray did which showed the beautiful scenery of Nova Scotia. Good music too with Kris Kristoferson as a guest.

There's a lot of beautiful scenery in Nova Scotia.  But Halifax is a fairly sophisticated city, not a hick town.  And there are a lot of passionate and well-informed Red Sox fans here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

The Count Of Monte Crisco

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : Well said. The BS is running very deep in here lately. I don't necessarily refer to THIS thread, this is obviously a joke. I'll be the first to fire off a joke or two about a player in good humor, but some of the just pure hatred I read on this forum for Carl Crawford just doesn't make sense to me. I don't get how doing that is constructive, or how it helps the team. Am I annoyed at his lack of production? Yes. Aggravated and frustrated that we haven't seen the old CC yet? Sure. But nowhere other than Boston would they be calling for a player's head after only one year of a seven year contract. If he's still doing this after three years, then you MIGHT call him a "bust". But now? Just too early man. Some of the criticism is so loud and obtuse that the only way anyone can get their money's worth out of it is to actually root for him to fail! Imagine that. Some fans have put themselves in a position where to save face and "be right about him" they have no choice but to root for him to fall flat on his face as opposed to helping the Sox win a WS. That's a shame, and I don't get it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

That is one of the greatest posts I have ever seen on this website. Well done, Examiner! Meanwhile, this thread is BS. What will you guys do next year if he has a 1.54 ERA and helps lead us to a WS title? Children.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : That is one of the greatest posts I have ever seen on this website. Well done, Examiner! Meanwhile, this thread is BS. What will you guys do next year if he has a 1.54 ERA and helps lead us to a WS title? Children.
    Posted by bgomez[/QUOTE]

Hope that you stay here. Someone was asking me a few hours ago specifically about which quality posters have come and gone and I did not have a list.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Best nickname for Bobby Jenks : Hope that you stay here. Someone was asking me a few hours ago specifically about which quality posters have come and gone and I did not have a list.

Thank you, UticaClub. I'm gonna call it a night.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxin09. Show Bosoxin09's posts

Bobby Jinx, the back pain blunder.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]It's amazing that the guy who put this thread up is pontificating about cheap shots on other threads. Go figure.

Look kim, this was just meant to be humor, like a David Letterman Top 10 list.  In general I'm a strong supporter of Red Sox players.  Bobby Jenks has given me nothing to support.  He's a guy who clearly doesn't take care of himself and he appears to be on his way to getting paid 12 million for nothing.  If he proves me wrong I'll be the first to admit it.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why is anyone defending bobby jenks??? let's get back jon smoltz while we are at it because you can never throw enough money at lousy pitching....

what could go wrong with signing a guy who is 80 pounds overweight?

dumb

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Jenks could prove to be a very nice part of the bullpen. That is of course if he gets healthy. Hopefully he will be able to contribute, he does have the talent.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Humor has been banned from this forum. So it is said, so it is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIm0m2QyR5o