Best team in MLB is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Best team in MLB is

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Best team in baseball to drugs/peds interesting road this thread took. BTW 

I change my vote to the Red Sox

this also shows how baseball fans in many cases will sling mud when they think they are losing an argument. If you stayed on topic this forum would be more civilized and worthy of great baseball talk. Yet some think they need to go into the gutter on every thread

Yeah I agree.

Slomag is the poster who brought up peds/the yankees when the payroll discussion had played out.

Being his usual self.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

this also shows how baseball fans in many cases will sling mud when they think they are losing an argument. If you stayed on topic this forum would be more civilized and worthy of great baseball talk. Yet some think they need to go into the gutter on every thread

Changing your vote to the Sox I assume that you are implying that I started the mud slinging

But if you read back far enough you can see where and how it started.

And it wasn't me who accused Red Sox players of using PEDs based on rumors in the public domain without an ounch of proof to back it up.

To accuse Cano of being a cheat is getting pretty desperate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

slomag-

You're talking in circles - we don't know that Ortiz failed a test - only that his name was on a list.  MLB confirms that there were more names on that list than failed tests.  Cano is also a name on a list of suspected PED users.  So again, apply whatever litmus tests you have to both players equally, and either both are innocent or both are guilty.

You offering excuses for why Ortiz could be innocent after failing an MLB administered test but casting suspicion over others like Cano with no actual proof is comical.

Ortiz failed the same test that Arod did and btw the only one that Arod has, but as far as proof goes that's good enough for me. They are both juicing cheats, one denies the other a confessed.

And Papi is to be believed that he didn't Juice because he denied like so many others including Lance Armstrong and Ryan Braun? Yeah ok, and there really is a tooth fairy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/07/30/ortiz.steroids/

David Ortiz failed drug test Union confirms DH on ’03 list; Manny Ramirez named

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2009/07/david_ortiz_failed_drug_test

Report: Manny, Ortiz tested positive

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335

Not that it means anything, but, in 2003 there were a number of substances, vitamins or whatver that were legal at the time.

What did he test positive for? Until we know all the facts all we can say is that both didnt pass the test and tested positive for something. was it legal at the time? was it not? There are a lot of things in simple protien powders and the like that are illegal. Until we know what it was, we can only speculate.

Until someone is proven guilty and we know for what substance and that that substance is illegal, and this includes all players from all teams, It is what it is.

Am I saying Papi is innocent? No, but Im also not saying hes guilty of anything either without all the evidence. Same with Cano and Cervelli.

There is no moral equivilency here lumping Ortiz with either Cano or Cervelli.

Papi failed a test for a substance that MLB deemed illegal when the test was given (for PEDS).

We don't know what specifically it was because the results are sealed, the names of those who failed were leaked.

The use of HGH was legal (in MLB) when Pettitte was nailed however possessing it was illegal, but no one here, me included has a problem considering him a cheat.

The jury's still out on Cano, but Cervelli's dirty.  He's already contradicted himself - first saying he bought legal supplements, and then saying he never bought anything.  And now after seven years as a punch-and-judy slap hitter, he's suddenly a HR threat.  Dir-Ty.

That's how a cheater acts - he says one thing, gets caught in a lie, changes his story, swears he's telling the truth but has no comment for the media; he parses his words carefully, he's checking over his shoulder.  That's a Cervelli.  That's a Giambi.  That's an Andy Pettitte.  That's an A-Rod.  That's not a David Ortiz - Ortiz charged head on, has always asserted his innocence, and still has harsh words for cheaters.  His story never waivered and his stats don't support the narrative.  Of all the alleged drug users on "the list", Ortiz was one of only two players whose substance was listed as "unknown".  Of all the leaked names, Ortiz was the only player to claim that he was not notified of a failed test by the Player's association in 2003.

MLB has never confirmed that Ortiz failed a drug test.  It has confirmed that there are at least 8 names on "the list" of players who never failed a drug test.

Ortiz has denied like Lance Armstrong did.

So did Barry Bonds.

Manny didn't fail the 2003 test either.

How can anyone take you serious?

Cano and Cervelli are denying the Biogenesis link.  Just like Lance Armstrong!

Maybe you're onto something - I accuse you of being an idiot.  Do you deny it?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

slomag-

You're talking in circles - we don't know that Ortiz failed a test - only that his name was on a list.  MLB confirms that there were more names on that list than failed tests.  Cano is also a name on a list of suspected PED users.  So again, apply whatever litmus tests you have to both players equally, and either both are innocent or both are guilty.

You offering excuses for why Ortiz could be innocent after failing an MLB administered test but casting suspicion over others like Cano with no actual proof is comical.

Ortiz failed the same test that Arod did and btw the only one that Arod has, but as far as proof goes that's good enough for me. They are both juicing cheats, one denies the other a confessed.

And Papi is to be believed that he didn't Juice because he denied like so many others including Lance Armstrong and Ryan Braun? Yeah ok, and there really is a tooth fairy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/07/30/ortiz.steroids/

David Ortiz failed drug test Union confirms DH on ’03 list; Manny Ramirez named

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2009/07/david_ortiz_failed_drug_test

Report: Manny, Ortiz tested positive

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335

Not that it means anything, but, in 2003 there were a number of substances, vitamins or whatver that were legal at the time.

What did he test positive for? Until we know all the facts all we can say is that both didnt pass the test and tested positive for something. was it legal at the time? was it not? There are a lot of things in simple protien powders and the like that are illegal. Until we know what it was, we can only speculate.

Until someone is proven guilty and we know for what substance and that that substance is illegal, and this includes all players from all teams, It is what it is.

Am I saying Papi is innocent? No, but Im also not saying hes guilty of anything either without all the evidence. Same with Cano and Cervelli.

There is no moral equivilency here lumping Ortiz with either Cano or Cervelli.

Papi failed a test for a substance that MLB deemed illegal when the test was given (for PEDS).

We don't know what specifically it was because the results are sealed, the names of those who failed were leaked.

The use of HGH was legal (in MLB) when Pettitte was nailed however possessing it was illegal, but no one here, me included has a problem considering him a cheat.

The jury's still out on Cano, but Cervelli's dirty.  He's already contradicted himself - first saying he bought legal supplements, and then saying he never bought anything.  And now after seven years as a punch-and-judy slap hitter, he's suddenly a HR threat.  Dir-Ty.

That's how a cheater acts - he says one thing, gets caught in a lie, changes his story, swears he's telling the truth but has no comment for the media; he parses his words carefully, he's checking over his shoulder.  That's a Cervelli.  That's a Giambi.  That's an Andy Pettitte.  That's an A-Rod.  That's not a David Ortiz - Ortiz charged head on, has always asserted his innocence, and still has harsh words for cheaters.  His story never waivered and his stats don't support the narrative.  Of all the alleged drug users on "the list", Ortiz was one of only two players whose substance was listed as "unknown".  Of all the leaked names, Ortiz was the only player to claim that he was not notified of a failed test by the Player's association in 2003.

MLB has never confirmed that Ortiz failed a drug test.  It has confirmed that there are at least 8 names on "the list" of players who never failed a drug test.

Ortiz has denied like Lance Armstrong did.

So did Barry Bonds.

Manny didn't fail the 2003 test either.

How can anyone take you serious?

Cano and Cervelli are denying the Biogenesis link.  Just like Lance Armstrong!

Maybe you're onto something - I accuse you of being an idiot.  Do you deny it?

What would you expect them to do if they're innocent.

There's nothing out there but rumors. Worst yet accusations from Sox fans on the internet.

Accusations by a nut on a blog. That should hold up in any court.

On the other hand you have no problem accepting Papi's denials after he failed  a MLB adminstered PED test.

Funny how that works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

slomag.

Lets get something straight I'm not the one accusing players of cheating without  one piece of evidence to back up my claims.

You're the one who that has been leading a witch hunt.

Accuser, jury and judge, guilty just based on what you think.

A kangeroo court.

I don't come here and name names unless there is evidence out there to back up my claims.

I don't defend any of the yankees who have been caught with the goods that's the big difference between you and I.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Changing your vote to the Sox I assume that you are implying that I started the mud slinging

And it wasn't me who accused Red Sox players of using PEDs based on rumors in the public domain without an ounch of proof to back it up.

not implying or naming anyone. The go to the gutter and hijack the thread is a ploy of several posters here.. BTW I don't care how it starts but it always does in NYY /RS comments.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

not implying or naming anyone. The go to the gutter and hijack the thread is a ploy of several posters here.. BTW I don't care how it starts but it always does in NYY /RS comments.

Jim - the Yankees are three games behind the Sox, and the Biogenesis news is still fresh.  What exactly were you expecting from a "the Yankees are the best team in baseball - how do they do it" thread?  This is exactly the type of thread where the mud-slinging (I prefer the term trash-talking) belongs.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Jim - the Yankees are three games behind the Sox, and the Biogenesis news is still fresh.  What exactly were you expecting from a "the Yankees are the best team in baseball - how do they do it" thread?  This is exactly the type of thread where the mud-slinging (I prefer the term trash-talking) belongs.  

And who exactly here said the Yankees were the best team in baseball when you delved into the slime pit or climbed out of it?

Looks like just an excuse to justify your usual boorish behavior.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

slomag.

Lets get something straight I'm not the one accusing players of cheating without  one piece of evidence to back up my claims.

You're the one who that has been leading a witch hunt.

Accuser, jury and judge, guilty just based on what you think.

A kangeroo court.

I don't come here and name names unless there is evidence out there to back up my claims.

I don't defend any of the yankees who have been caught with the goods that's the big difference between you and I.

Yes, you are TWM.  Every time you repeat the claim that Ortiz failed a drug test - that's not necessarily true.  His name was on a list of players who failed drug tests, but we know there were at least 8 players on that list who did not.  If you had more evidence on Ortiz - if his best years were 2003 and prior; if he turned into a backne-covered .220 singles hitter; if his head shrank three hat sizes since 2003, you would point to all of these things as evidence of his guilt.  But you don't have any other evidence, and so every time you repeat your claim with nothing but his name on a list to back up your accusation, it looks more and more likely that he is in fact one of the 8 (at least) players falsely listed.

If you want to believe Ortiz is guilty, I don't blame you - most of the names on that list were guilty.  But now we have a new list.  Are you going to play by the same rules?

For me, Ortiz has earned the benefit of the doubt.  I won't breath a word of defense for Paxton Crawford or Manny Alexander.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Hasn't Ortiz only played in 8 games?  Not 100% sure, but I think thats accurate.

If you are going to give the Yankees the benefit of the doubt for performing without AROD, Granderson, Tex...You have to give the Sox some credit for performing without Ortiz.

Ortiz > Tex + AROD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If Scherzer can take a step forward, the Tigers warrant consideration.

The Nats are going to be scary, assuming Gio Juicehead doesnt get a 50 game ban

The Giants are practically the same team that won the championship, that has to count for something

If Pujols and Weaver can get healthy, the Angels can go on a tear.  Hamilton will heat up.

The Red Sox have the best record in baseball, even though their best hitter has only played 1/3 of the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Also: there is a difference between best team in baseball, best team in baseball right now, and best team in baseball in a seven game series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Look Slomag it's really not difficult to figure out your game it's just not very sophisticated

You drop these incendiary claims for example that Cano and Cervelli are cheats, the Yankee organization is looking the other way when in truth there isn't any evidence to back them up.

And then you become upset, you become the victim when Yankees fans point out that there is a bit of hypocrisy in your argument which happens to be the results of Manny and Papi's 2003 MLB administered PED test which they both failed.

You can't come here and base any of your arguments on rumor and hearsay and then expect not to be challenged.

Arod failed the same test, I say he's a cheat, I've always maintained Giambi was a cheat and suspected he was using right up to last year before blood samples for HGH were implemented.

You can't expect Yankee fans to allow you to accuse players like Cano of being a cheat and then out of the other side of your mouth insist that Ortiz is innocent, things don't work that way.

And then act like your outlandish claims are justified because you're being provoked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

This is another one of your characteristics.

Lumping me in with the ridiculous comments made by Frank G.

To justify your reign of slime.

I wouldn't even visit Frank's thread to do so would be to acknowledge his silly claims.

Because Frank is a Yankee fan and a patoot all the other Yankee fans who post here deserve the same scorn?

I spend most of everyday here defending myself from  attacks by you, mryazz and hingham himmler not doing what i would like to do discuss baseball.

You're like a palestinian you throw a rock and then protest and cry victim when it comes back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Best team in baseball is hardly the Yankees.

The loss of Cervelli and Youkilis will further separate them from the other teams in the ALE when considering the 8 position players on the field.

If they are to remain close they need really good pitching to keep them competitive, last night was an example of what can happen when they don't get a good effort from their starter.

Houston is not exactly murderers row.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Also: there is a difference between best team in baseball, best team in baseball right now, and best team in baseball in a seven game series.

What it actually comes down to is which is the best team for the month of April 2013.

The Red Sox.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

If Scherzer can take a step forward, the Tigers warrant consideration.

The Nats are going to be scary, assuming Gio Juicehead doesnt get a 50 game ban

The Giants are practically the same team that won the championship, that has to count for something

If Pujols and Weaver can get healthy, the Angels can go on a tear.  Hamilton will heat up.

The Red Sox have the best record in baseball, even though their best hitter has only played 1/3 of the season.

LAA I think have dug themselves too deep a hole.  They played 580 baseball after April last season and still didn't sniff the playoffs.  The history of teams making the playoffs with a sub 500 April record is pretty thin to say the least.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Look Slomag it's really not difficult to figure out your game it's just not very sophisticated

You drop these incendiary claims for example that Cano and Cervelli are cheats, the Yankee organization is looking the other way when in truth there isn't any evidence to back them up.

And then you become upset, you become the victim when Yankees fans point out that there is a bit of hypocrisy in your argument which happens to be the results of Manny and Papi's 2003 MLB administered PED test which they both failed.

You can't come here and base any of your arguments on rumor and hearsay and then expect not to be challenged.

Arod failed the same test, I say he's a cheat, I've always maintained Giambi was a cheat and suspected he was using right up to last year before blood samples for HGH were implemented.

You can't expect Yankee fans to allow you to accuse players like Cano of being a cheat and then out of the other side of your mouth insist that Ortiz is innocent, things don't work that way.

And then act like your outlandish claims are justified because you're being provoked.

OK, here's another approach - when I say that there were 8 names on the list that did not fail a drug test do you think 1) I'm lying 2) I'm misinformed or 3) that's an 8% chance of innocence, so it's not worth factoring in?  Or 4) other?

We can wait and see how the Biogenesis thing turns out, but all the facts are in on the Colon situation, and the Yankees did look the other way.  They sent the message that if you leave baseball for a year and do whatever you have to to become competitive, there will be a place for you in the Bronx when you're good again.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

OK, here's another approach - when I say that there were 8 names on the list that did not fail a drug test do you think 1) I'm lying 2) I'm misinformed or 3) that's an 8% chance of innocence, so it's not worth factoring in?  Or 4) other?

We can wait and see how the Biogenesis thing turns out, but all the facts are in on the Colon situation, and the Yankees did look the other way.  They sent the message that if you leave baseball for a year and do whatever you have to to become competitive, there will be a place for you in the Bronx when you're good again.  

You missed the correct one (Regarding Papi)

#4 You're in denial.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hope for an impending scandal to validate your slime attacks.

Desperate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Your claims the Yankees looked the other way with Colon.

You would more than likely suffer a bout of righteous indignation if I suggested the Red Sox did the same in 2004 with Papi and Manny enroute to their first championship since 1918.

Truth is the players don't do this out in the open. I doubt Girardi, Torre or Francona are onboard with peds. All three are old school.

But your slime machine knows no bounds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Your claims the Yankees looked the other way with Colon.

You would more than likely suffer a bout of righteous indignation if I suggested the Red Sox did the same in 2004 with Papi and Manny enroute to their first championship since 1918.

Truth is the players don't do this out in the open. I doubt Girardi, Torre or Francona are onboard with peds. All three are old school.

But your slime machine knows no bounds.

I think most teams looked the other way in 2003.  But this was 2011.   I don't blame Girardi - I blame the Yankee Front Office, and this was "out in the open" because the freaking New York Times broke the story on it.  

If you see Bartolo Colon throwing 98 MPH and don't ask any questions, you're looking the other way.  If you sign a player and his medical records don't include an experimental procedure in the Dominican Republic involving stem cells and HGH, when you discover the fact you either void the contract or look the other way.  The Yankees looked the other way.

There are 8 clean players on "the list".  Until and and unless you provide a reason why you don't believe that, or don't believe Ortiz is among them, I'm going to remind you of that fact every time you implicate him in your posts.  I know you need a Red Sox star to be guilty to counter-balance the dozens of confessed, caught or convicted Yankees, but emotional instability is not tantamount to evidence.  Put up or shut up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Colon was recommended to the Yankees by Yankee coach Tony Pena who knew how well Colon was pitching because he had coached Colon that off season in the DR. 

When the Yankees signed him he was only 38 years old and has since spent a season with the Chisox and now two seasons with the As.

He got signed with those teams for the exact same reason Boston (2008) and then NY signed him, because he can get people out, the same reason he's still pitching for the A's at age 40.

Did Boston look the other way when they signed Colon in 2008? For all we know he was probably cheating then too.

All I know is Ortiz, Manny and Arod all failed the same test, names leaked results sealed.

Walks like a duck quacks like a duck.

Colon another example of you jumping into the slime pit without an once of proof.

Same old yellow journalism you peddle here daily.

Ortiz and Ramirez Said to Be on ’03 Doping List

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/sports/baseball/31doping.html?_r=0

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Best team in baseball is hardly the Yankees.

The loss of Cervelli and Youkilis will further separate them from the other teams in the ALE when considering the 8 position players on the field.

If they are to remain close they need really good pitching to keep them competitive, last night was an example of what can happen when they don't get a good effort from their starter.

Houston is not exactly murderers row.

The yanks are hanging in there, that's all they have to do for now.  I would be very suprised if they weren't in the thick of it come september.  Poor houston, they must hate being in the AL, they didn't handle the NL very well. 

Sections
Shortcuts